Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    edited January 2022
    Edit - This is a screen shot of the volcanic eruption on Tonga. The news report just stated it was an underwater eruption but the mechanism of this Tsunami is not understood since they are usually a result of earthquakes.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Sealed up the bottoms of the workbenches.  Great way to use old paint.  For those wondering why - if you seal the entire surface of a wood project, the moisture level of the wood is stabilized and it will last much longer without expansion contraction warping, etc.

All the sudden I see a prop fly off and up my drone went. Zero control about 400ft up. I immediately hit the return to home button and nada. Finally the signal comes back I see it's about a mile from the house over the middle of a pasture spinning like crazy and I am still able to see on camera. I look down see a pond, oh shite. I force land it next to the pond and then jump in the car to find it. I may have had to jump a fence who knows.

Finally thank god for the gps I find it sitting unscathed minus the missing prop and a cracked housing on top. What a way to start a Friday evening.

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/712/~/how-can-i-return-an-item-purchased-in-a-costco-warehouse%3F
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    edited January 2022
    Fwiw and many of you may know this or experienced something similar to this, long story short I had a butt off a traeger and there is no fahking comparison.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• It probably goes with out saying @TEXASBGE2018 but you should change all the props out not just the broken one.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Just got done with my morning yoga/stretching session. Back in November I hurt my back pretty bad at work. Never really got better and I got tired of living off pain pills that weren’t doing much of anything. Started doing stretches twice a day for the last week and my back feels 90% better. If you have lower back pain, I highly recommend. All it takes is a yoga mat, YouTube and about 20-30 minutes. 
    Glad to hear you’ve seen such improvements and been able to do away with the pills. 

I am not a doctor and nor do I play one on tv, but I think a good proportion of aches and pains can be solved through exercise. And that’s not even accounting for all of the mental benefits of being more active. 

If you haven’t read it, “The Emperor’s New Drugs” is a great book worth a look. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    edited January 2022
    It's Sunday, so....

SWMBO has not loosened her position on the Egg in general or 'your girlfriend' as she refer to it in a particularly icy fashion.  But short ribs have become something of a favourite for her.  This time with and without 'Dirty Cow' rub as she suspects the rub detracts from her experience.  

And I am having a go at the 'multi-tasking' thing. But oh no! There's roof tiles on display @JohnInCarolina will lose his mind  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Just got done with my morning yoga/stretching session. Back in November I hurt my back pretty bad at work. Never really got better and I got tired of living off pain pills that weren’t doing much of anything. Started doing stretches twice a day for the last week and my back feels 90% better. If you have lower back pain, I highly recommend. All it takes is a yoga mat, YouTube and about 20-30 minutes. 
    Glad to hear you’ve seen such improvements and been able to do away with the pills. 

I am not a doctor and nor do I play one on tv, but I think a good proportion of aches and pains can be solved through exercise. And that’s not even accounting for all of the mental benefits of being more active. 

If you haven’t read it, “The Emperor’s New Drugs” is a great book worth a look. 
    I am really just amazed at the level of improvement in such a short amount of time. I really should not have been working with how I was moving. When I say I was living off pain medicine, it was just ibuprofen and Tylenol. I refuse to take narcotic pain medication. 

What really got me down the rabbit hole was reading David Goggin’s book “Can’t Hurt Me.” That guy is truly insane and and is the best example of human potential. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Just got done with my morning yoga/stretching session. Back in November I hurt my back pretty bad at work. Never really got better and I got tired of living off pain pills that weren’t doing much of anything. Started doing stretches twice a day for the last week and my back feels 90% better. If you have lower back pain, I highly recommend. All it takes is a yoga mat, YouTube and about 20-30 minutes. 
    Core muscles help to take a lot of pressure off the back.   Hurt mine years ago and learned that same lesson the hard way.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Just got done with my morning yoga/stretching session. Back in November I hurt my back pretty bad at work. Never really got better and I got tired of living off pain pills that weren’t doing much of anything. Started doing stretches twice a day for the last week and my back feels 90% better. If you have lower back pain, I highly recommend. All it takes is a yoga mat, YouTube and about 20-30 minutes. 
    Yep.  My dad was told in the 1970s that his back pain was not surgical.  He needed to do some daily stretching and exercises to minimize back pain as he stood on his feet on a concrete floor at the post office for 8-12 hours per day sorting mail.  He did the stretching twice a day and worked another 20 years until he retired.  

On the theme of standing on a hard floor, I operated all night, and after another hour at work I’m headed to a friend’s ranch where we’re going to butcher a beef hindquarter and cook some of the parts for dinner for our two families.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Listening to Henry’s Funeral Shoe and making a double batch of lentil, pancetta and Parmesan soup, for distribution to family. 

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Listening to Henry’s Funeral Shoe and making a double batch of lentil, pancetta and Parmesan soup, for distribution to family. 

that sounds tasty!  have you ever done it before?  If so, please share the recipe! 

Threw a 3 lb roast beef on the egg with a bunch of oak. This with some fresh horseradish from the store should provide good lunches this week.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • @lkapigian: Already salivating and awaiting the results. 
  • He is off to a good start with a great coach! No way he can fail.
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @lkapigian - do you know the method he is using for the charcoal burn (standard dump and go, minion or snake) and whether using lump or briquettes? 
    Looking for some info as my recently acquired drum smoker (OK Joe Bronco) focuses on briquettes.  It will hold around just under 9 lbs of briquettes in the basket. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - do you know the method he is using for the charcoal burn (standard dump and go, minion or snake) and whether using lump or briquettes? 
    Looking for some info as my recently acquired drum smoker (OK Joe Bronco) focuses on briquettes.  It will hold around just under 9 lbs of briquettes in the basket. 
    @lousubcap , I had him set up minion , using lump…I cut some oak chunks for him ..no basket but a small water pan below the brisket …pit is holding 250ish …he came by yesterday and we did the trim 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    @lkapigian - thanks for the info.  I've gotta admit that I was impressed with the trim and rub application on the brisket.  Now I know why.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Not right now, but yesterday.

Found a broken knife blade in Cindys tire. It was slashed it too bad to patch.  I was wary of putting mismatched tread on a AWD so 4 new it is.  The old ones had maybe had 30k left. 

Week before last I put new tires on my truck and ran over a couple of nails very close to the side wall.  At least that was only 1 tire.  We have lived back here for 20 years without neighbors and now they are building 4 houses around us.  That's most likely where it all came from. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    @bucky925 - Hopefully it doesn't happen again.  Should it, you may want to consider just the pair vs four but I don't have any experience with AWD, although I had a fair amount with 4WD.  
    However, until this pending storm I would have said you probably didn't need it that often.  The call of the granddaughter is strong so I get the precautions as it should be.  
    I guess the upside is that your home values are on the rise.   =)
  • lousubcap
    @GrateEggspectations - That's some serous locks.  Many styling options are right there for the asking.  
    Enjoy when they are at that age.  You cannot recapture the moments.  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Watching sonny-boy’s locks grow in. He takes after his mom.

I can't get my 10 year old son to comb his hair properly if his life depended on it. So wifey and I decided we are gonna let it grow out. Thinking maybe if he doesn't have to worry about spiking it up or slicking it back he will like it better. We will see how far he will take it.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ready for graphics and inlays