Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures of pets

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Cat nip
    Really, are Cats pets?

room mate in college castrated his cat, sterilized the pliers in boiling water, used old sneaker laces for a wicking drain, the results were in one of the saucepans we cooked with in the morning. @sgh might call that breakfast so i guess cats are livestock.  room mate weighed the cat, stole a scale from the lab, cut a horse tranquilizer to the appropriate size.....
    You sure have had an interesting life, fish, lol

are you inferring thats not normal.... i think the end goal was to size out the tranquilizer for himself, ever seen anyone bobbing side to side on a horse tranquilizer. this was the same guy that tried to ride a moose =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Cat nip
    Really, are Cats pets?
    They are probably unrecognizable as pets to you, because unlike dogs, you actually have to work to earn their affection.
    That is my point.  Cats are like our overlords who choose to be benevolent, but really at anytime they could smite us all. They just see that as too much work for a nice lazy day.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Cats…aka murder floofs. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Cat nip
    Really, are Cats pets?

room mate in college castrated his cat, sterilized the pliers in boiling water, used old sneaker laces for a wicking drain, the results were in one of the saucepans we cooked with in the morning. @sgh might call that breakfast so i guess cats are livestock.  room mate weighed the cat, stole a scale from the lab, cut a horse tranquilizer to the appropriate size.....

are you inferring thats not normal.... i think the end goal was to size out the tranquilizer for himself, ever seen anyone bobbing side to side on a horse tranquilizer. this was the same guy that tried to ride a moose =)
    Your friend must have brass huevos.  I have been near a moose in the wild one time.  It made me more nervous than a mountain lion or bobcat.  Dang thing came right toward me, and it was huge.  Like really really huge.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Cat nip
    Really, are Cats pets?

Your friend must have brass huevos.  I have been near a moose in the wild one time.  It made me more nervous than a mountain lion or bobcat.  Dang thing came right toward me, and it was huge.  Like really really huge.
    And Darwin was on vacation.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    I have been a dog person all my life, never cared for cats. And they know it. One day I was talking with some neighbors and a feral cat wandered by. Both my neighbors gushed about "the little cutie" and the cat ignored them. Jumped right up into my arms. 

You know how much all those cat toys and climbing trees cost?
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • fishlessman
    Cat nip
    Really, are Cats pets?

they can be pretty dopey the first year or so. when they get over the 1000 pound mark you want a deep lake between you and the moose and dont go near them in the fall. i see the city leaf peepers closing in for camera shots which is an insane thing to do if theres a big bullwinkle around come fall, they get a little crazy then
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Cat nip
    Really, are Cats pets?

they can be pretty dopey the first year or so. when they get over the 1000 pound mark you want a deep lake between you and the moose and dont go near them in the fall. i see the city leaf peepers closing in for camera shots which is an insane thing to do if theres a big bullwinkle around come fall, they get a little crazy then

and if you have a dog with you, it will get attacked. they will stomp a dog into the ground in an instant without fear
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'm not going to debate the smarter species between cat and dog, but most dogs, especially younger ones, lack the risk-averse behavioral tendencies that cats have.  For example, dogs will try to attack spinning wheels on bikes and cars.  Anything on 4 legs or that slithers will get investigated/attacked.  They're fearless which can lead to massive vet bills.

Big problem with male cats is they're very territorial and will fight other males that wander into their domain.  We've spent a small fortune on Jazz even though we can take care of most abscesses that result from bites with a little "home surgery".   Female cats will make a lot of noise but they only fight as a last resort.  Generally speaking.
    Don't often take photos of these two, but decided to take a few today.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061

Is that because they rarely stay still long enough for you to get a pic? 🙂
    Hard to ever get depressed with Jack Russel Terrorists (or Beagles) around.  Frustration is another matter...
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ozzie, them dogs is pretty destructive knocking over cacti 
    dbCooper said:

Is that because they rarely stay still long enough for you to get a pic? 🙂
    Hard to ever get depressed with Jack Russel Terrorists (or Beagles) around.  Frustration is another matter...
    Bingo, they rarely stop.  They are great dogs, I like them a lot, but they are like cats in many ways.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Cat nip
    Really, are Cats pets?

Where in the world is the agree button!?!?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • The cat & puppy are wore out.  Both had a hard day!

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    That little puppy got big
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Was undecided where to post this, figured this thread could use a bump.  Lost dog in England rescued with help from a drone and a sausage.   🙂

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA

• STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• fishlessman
    if thats not photo shopped, thats one helluva maine coon

Two-stone cat weighing the same as a two-year-old child is so big it is  confused for a dog  Daily Mail Online

fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    if thats not photo shopped, thats one helluva maine coon

Probably not Photoshop, but definitely heavily impacted by perspective.  Notice her upper arm size.  Photog is close to the cat, and the owner is shaded towards the back.  Same way they make Tom Cruise look like he is average height in his movies.
  • Looks like the cat is about two seconds away from jacking the photographer.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • fishlessman
    Looks like the cat is about two seconds away from jacking the photographer.

maine coons are meant to be an outdoor barn type cat, not a cuddly kitty. i find this story odd that a maine coon resides in russia
    fukahwee maine