Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show us your Cookin Spot

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    SciAggie said:
    I have a space in progress...

Headed toward this vision as weather allows. All local contractors are way behind due to recent rains. 

A friend of mine built a gazebo a decade or so ago that had metal roofing that was open underneath.

It was so loud under that when the typical afternoon downpours occurred that he started keeping a box of those disposable foamy ear plugs there so folks could use them if they needed to.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    @fishlessman:  How old are your eggs?  Just curious.  Haven't seen many that look as old as mine.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,739
    BBQBuddy said:
    @fishlessman:  How old are your eggs?  Just curious.  Haven't seen many that look as old as mine.
    the one at the house is i believe 2002, first edition mexican made spring band where the handle was welded to the band. bge must have updated the spring band 5 times before they got it right. all those bands eventually got replaced for free
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Any new builds?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Wow, @SciAggie !! What a transformation!! That looks amazing. Anything you would change?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Wow, @SciAggie !! What a transformation!! That looks amazing. Anything you would change?
    Only a couple of details. I would definitely put a slope on the slab so that water would run off after a rain. Currently I have to squeegee the floor after every rain - it gets old.
    Also - if you ever have to install a metal stove pipe/chimney DO NOT use an articulation (bend). They seem to leak when it rains no matter what.

Otherwise I have really been happy with the layout of the kitchen.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited September 2020
    SciAggie said:
    Wow, @SciAggie !! What a transformation!! That looks amazing. Anything you would change?
    Only a couple of details. I would definitely put a slope on the slab so that water would run off after a rain. Currently I have to squeegee the floor after every rain - it gets old.
    @SciAggie, Don't know if it can be done with a slab that large, but at my former company, we had a sidewalk with 5x5'ish slabs separated by expansion joints. Over the years, the slabs got a little cockeyed. We had someone realign them by drilling holes in strategic locations and pumping something (concrete I assume) in there to raise the low spots. Seemed to work well and was still level when i retired several years later. Leaves a mark though. Might be worth checking out.

Might wanna get a guarantee that they'll pour a new slab if the old one cracks. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    SciAggie said:
    @SciAggie, Don't know if it can be done with a slab that large, but at my former company, we had a sidewalk with 5x5'ish slabs separated by expansion joints. Over the years, the slabs got a little cockeyed. We had someone realign them by drilling holes in strategic locations and pumping something (concrete I assume) in there to raise the low spots. Seemed to work well and was still level when i retired several years later. Leaves a mark though. Might be worth checking out.

Might wanna get a guarantee that they'll pour a new slab if the old one cracks. =)
    Pump-jacking, I think.  Telltale signs on porches and driveways when looking at houses, I usually walk away from those to get away from the settling issues.

• 1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2020
    gmanrva said:
    Going to redo some of the set up after 10 years since we built this. I am going to remove the 48” gasser and put the egg in that spot and hopefully have room for a pizza cooker.

Dog toys?

Great looking setup. You got some space to work with. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I enjoy how everyone’s spot is so unique.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    danlbrown said:
    On the back patio

great use of a barrel and a slab of stone!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • So many beautiful cooking spots in this thread. I hope to have something worthy of adding to it some day. 
    Snellville, GA

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Indiana represent! Go Hoosiers!
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    @UncleKeith that looks like such an amazing spot to cook!! Like a national park.

• UncleKeith
    UncleKeith Posts: 39
    edited December 2021
    @UncleKeith that looks like such an amazing spot to cook!! Like a national park.

Thanks @Thatgrimguy we love it. We’re pretty blessed to live in the woods and hills.

We built it because the wife had a water feature and new stone patio put in a couple of years ago and my grills blocked the view of her garden from the patio. One afternoon after a couple cocktails she was once again voicing her displeasure when I shot back that she should build me a grilling shack. It got a little carried away before the final design/build =)

pics of the backyard for reference. I still keep a gas Weber on the patio for quick wintertime cooks and keeping stuff warm when eating outside in the summer.
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 367
    Just finished building this table. Bottom is filled with different types of smoking wood now
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    < goes outside to move grills so that they block the view of the garden >
    <Pours MsJohnInCarolina a "few cocktails">
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 367
    shtgunal3 said:
    @Mr1egg how do you keep the eggs from falling out?
    It’s hard but I used a lot of glue… I don’t know why all my pictures get flipped