Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Ewwww
    Options
    Taking the youngest for a bike ride and the neighbor had 2 out of his 3 vipers out. The red one is on a lift and stores the green one under it. 

It's a bit strange to have 3 of the same car, for me anyway. Love the kermit green.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Taking the youngest for a bike ride and the neighbor had 2 out of his 3 vipers out. The red one is on a lift and stores the green one under it. 

It's a bit strange to have 3 of the same car, for me anyway. Love the kermit green.
    I agree.  I was thinking the same thing.  My first thought was that maybe he works for Dodge or Chrysler?. Although, now that I have done some investigation, I am surprised there are four generations, and 22 model years (over 25 years) of the Viper. I thought it was a single generation made for a few years.  I guess I just never got into them.  But, I am sure they are a spectacular car.

I guess I could see having a 1950's, 1960's and a 1970's Corvette.  Three models, 25 years apart.  I have no idea what years his cars are.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Eoin said:

I agree.  I was thinking the same thing.  My first thought was that maybe he works for Dodge or Chrysler?. Although, now that I have done some investigation, I am surprised there are four generations, and 22 model years (over 25 years) of the Viper. I thought it was a single generation made for a few years.  I guess I just never got into them.  But, I am sure they are a spectacular car.

I guess I could see having a 1950's, 1960's and a 1970's Corvette.  Three models, 25 years apart.  I have no idea what years his cars are.
    I agree that it is odd. He does not work for dodge or chrysler.  He is just a loyal car manufacturer person. His daily driver is a 394 charger and he pulls the vipers with a 3500 Ram. I believe the blue one is a drag car and the other two are show cars. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Eoin said:

I agree that it is odd. He does not work for dodge or chrysler.  He is just a loyal car manufacturer person. His daily driver is a 394 charger and he pulls the vipers with a 3500 Ram. I believe the blue one is a drag car and the other two are show cars. 
    I imagine it is like having multiple eggs.  One is enough, but more is better.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Eoin said:

https://youtu.be/iYYGayY8oqE
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Langner91 said:
    Eoin said:

https://youtu.be/iYYGayY8oqE
    Imagine having enough money that you spend $7.5 million dollars on 80 of the same boring sports car. Some people are just lucky in life

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I actually kind of like the Viper.  Of all the sports cars Dodge has produced over the years, I think it’s one of the more interesting ones.

But I don’t understand the interest in buying more than one.  Then again, some of you have like 6-7 kamados, lol. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I actually kind of like the Viper.  Of all the sports cars Dodge has produced over the years, I think it’s one of the more interesting ones.

But I don’t understand the interest in buying more than one.  Then again, some of you have like 6-7 kamados, lol. 
    It's fine just nothing spectacular. I do agree it's one of their more interesting ones they've made. Jay Leno did it right, guy has like 300 cars and every one of them is unique.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• BigreenGreg
    Options
    Viper is being re-released 2022 model. Vooopa!
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Eoin said:
    It's a bit strange to have 3 of the same car, for me anyway. 
    My college roommate and one of my best friends since 1st grade had at one point five Mercury Cougars, all immaculately restored.  Think he only has two now.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    A few on the local scene:

Love the red drag car. The chrome bumper included in the splitter is a nice touch.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,079
    Options

That 4-door Avanti is a rare find.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Man I miss the agree button.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Eoin said:

Love the red drag car. The chrome bumper included in the splitter is a nice touch.
    I like the license plate.  That means he probably drives it on public roads on occasion.

When I was but a wee lad, there was a car show in Northern Michigan.  Two funny car drivers decided to race on a public highway.  Their transport rigs dropped off the cars and blocked the road.  Then the two fellas raced.  Those were the days.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

I like it as well. I will always remember when I took a trip to Italy and I was walking the streets in Milan amazed at all the exotic vehicles parked everywhere. There was a group of older Italian men sitting at a table talking when a viper rolled up on them. Their jaws dropped in awe and ignored all the Ferraris and Lambos passing by. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    The Buffalo loves him some exotic cars! 
    Woah.  Dropping the big guns.  Nice!
  • Eoin
    Options
    BGE corporate car collection?
  • Eoin
    Options
    Eoin said:

I like the license plate.  That means he probably drives it on public roads on occasion.

When I was but a wee lad, there was a car show in Northern Michigan.  Two funny car drivers decided to race on a public highway.  Their transport rigs dropped off the cars and blocked the road.  Then the two fellas raced.  Those were the days.
    It's a great modified car. Love the big wing on the stock looking boot lid (guess it has massive reinforcement under that skin). Full interior too. Love it.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @The_Buffalo - This latest economic run has been extremely good to you.  
    Margins and sales have gotta be off the charts! =)
    Great looking ride right there!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Those aren’t in GA, might be stock internet photos from South Carolina though.
  • The_Buffalo
    Options
    Eoin said:
    BGE corporate car collection?
    No, but wouldn’t that be nice!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Those aren’t in GA, might be stock internet photos from South Carolina though.
    All photos are my own. Some of those cars are in Georgia others were taken at the Chattanooga Motor Festival! 
    Thank you for the clarification. Nice photos,   looks like you might need a wide angle lens though.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Man I miss the agree button.
    Given there is no “agree,” I hit “dislike.”
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Such a cool car.  But man I’d be afraid to drive it any place that isn’t really really flat.