Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - you need to post your above acquisition over in the Exotic Car spottings thread.  Now there's a set of wheels for a drive-thru run.  
    Come on Frank. This is an obviously lame attempt to troll and bully another member who posted a picture of a generic house in lieu of his actual proposed house. He and his buddies thought they had a real gotcha moment until a reasonable person from Minnesota offered a more reasonable and charitable explanation.  Don't fall for his antics. I know you're buddies but...  :open_mouth:

That was 100% me and 100% stand by it. I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if proven so. Otherwise, it is what it is. I don't ever poke the bear with people who aren't bomb-throwers. If you come on here throwing haymakers on 5 threads at a time trying to stir up sh!t, I feel it's fair game for me to have some fun with it. That's all that was. Bullying is what Lit did to Ron and many others.

If you are going to be on here picking fights, don't cry when someone hits back (for the record- Billit isn't crying- you are for him)
    Uh, whatever. You are very wrong about the bullying and obviously feel only certain people are allowed to engage in setting the record straight. I’m correct about everything I’ve said and that’s proven by the fact the pack of offenders commence with personal attacks, name calling and general bullying. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - you need to post your above acquisition over in the Exotic Car spottings thread.  Now there's a set of wheels for a drive-thru run.  
    Come on Frank. This is an obviously lame attempt to troll and bully another member who posted a picture of a generic house in lieu of his actual proposed house. He and his buddies thought they had a real gotcha moment until a reasonable person from Minnesota offered a more reasonable and charitable explanation.  Don't fall for his antics. I know you're buddies but...  :open_mouth:

That was 100% me and 100% stand by it. I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if proven so. Otherwise, it is what it is. I don't ever poke the bear with people who aren't bomb-throwers. If you come on here throwing haymakers on 5 threads at a time trying to stir up sh!t, I feel it's fair game for me to have some fun with it. That's all that was. Bullying is what Lit did to Ron and many others.

If you are going to be on here picking fights, don't cry when someone hits back (for the record- Billit isn't crying- you are for him)
    I also don’t think you understand what 100% means. You set the initial table, but it was soon piled on by others. The pile on folks take up some of that 100% pie. 

I wasn’t even referring to the initial comment even though I found it to be extremely cynical. Also odd as mentioned that someone would take the time to look it up. Wowser!🤣
  • pgprescott
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Oh, but you do 100% own your own comments. Not the ones that aren’t yours but pertain to the same subject. Those are owned by others. 100% 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Pete, stop bullying Cen-tex, man.
    Options
    Kinda surprised he even felt compelled to go off since I never mentioned him at all. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    Kinda surprised he even felt compelled to go off since I never mentioned him at all. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Maybe he just decided to call a spade a spade  🤷🏼‍♂️.

Anyway, maybe try responding to that same post of his another half dozen times?    That seems like a super useful approach.  
  • pgprescott
    Options

Anyway, maybe try responding to that same post of his another half dozen times?    That seems like a super useful approach.  
    Or maybe he was really embarrassed and dealt with his embarrassment by lashing out at someone who pointed it out. 

I just wanted to make sure I addressed his issues thoroughly. Didn’t want to leave his inaccuracies hanging out there like yours often are. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️😁
  • Terpderpitude
    Options

Or maybe he was really embarrassed and dealt with his embarrassment by lashing out at someone who pointed it out. 

No Pete, that can’t be it, since you never mentioned him at all, like you observed above.
  • pgprescott
    Options

No Pete, that can’t be it, since you never mentioned him at all, like you observed above.
    Shame and guilt are powerful emotions. They can sometimes propel strange behavior. Well, why am I telling you, of course you know that. Duh. Sorry. 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️😁🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Terpderpitude
    Options

Shame and guilt are powerful emotions. They can sometimes propel strange behavior. Well, why am I telling you, of course you know that. Duh. Sorry. 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️😁🤷🏼‍♂️
    Yeah, so I guess we’ve established that the only real surprise is that you were surprised.  🦇💩🤡
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Since this is @nolaegghead 's thread, and I picked this up on his recommendation, I think it is on-topic.

Man I watch a YouTube guy Jeremy Siers or something like that. Guys has a ton of these cool EDC knives. That’s a rabbit hole I’m gonna avoid. You being a rancher these days probably have very many daily uses for an EDC knife. Enjoy. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Since this is @nolaegghead 's thread, and I picked this up on his recommendation, I think it is on-topic.

I’ve been looking at that one too since he recommended it. I may pick it up to keep in my vest. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Have the same knife. Love it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    I live by "Life is not fair."  But dang @ColbyLang- that is pouring salt into the wound right there.
    Great score!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options

I’ve been looking at that one too since he recommended it. I may pick it up to keep in my vest. 
    It is super light.  Almost threw it the first time I picked it up.  I will have need to make sure it is secure while carrying because it could fall put of my pocket and not notice.  Overall, I really like it.  Looking forward to giving it some good use.

@pgprescott I am amazed at how often I need a knife.  Probably one of the tools I reach for the most consistently.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Yep, I have that exact knife and it's my goto.  Sometimes I can't find it and grab another and it's just not the same.
    Options
    Which model benchmade is that? sorry, can't see it on the box. Have a heavier one but would like something lighter. So far it's been a great knife. Thanks. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Moleman said:
    Which model benchmade is that? sorry, can't see it on the box. Have a heavier one but would like something lighter. So far it's been a great knife. Thanks. 
    Osborne 940-1, w/carbon fiber scales and S90V.  If you go G10 I suspect it will weigh more.  These carbon fiber scales are light!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I abuse that knife and have used the scales as a hammer and to pry off bottle caps.  It's virtually an indestructible combo.  Not as light as my bugout, but close and 10x stiffer handle.
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I live by "Life is not fair."  But dang @ColbyLang- that is pouring salt into the wound right there.
    Great score!
    Gotta love when the allocation comes out and your bourbon buddy’s store gets 6 of each….
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 That  looks awesome, I can see many dozing’s in your future 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Couch delivered today. Fingers crossed on this one. 

Is this where your fellow Eggheads can crash?
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Couch delivered today. Fingers crossed on this one. 

Is this where your fellow Eggheads can crash?
    Yep sure can

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    It's not a Big Green Egg Chiminea, but it is a Big Green Chiminea

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ordering some new appliances.  Was going Bluestar until I saw these beauties 

My grandson (with crayons) could turn your current one into one of these and save you a bunch of money. Maybe a Gieco commercial here. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA