Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Inflation hits

Comments

• You clearly don’t understand the word corrupt. Please see Hunter Biden laptop. In particular, the parts which clearly outline his fathers grift and decades of corruption. SMH. 

Orange guy may have been an ass, but he can’t hold a candle to the professional grifters in DC. That is precisely why they had to get rid of him. Even if it meant a totally made up and corrupt investigation. Derangement is sad. 
    Do you honestly think if we start listing all the ways that Joe and Hunter Biden are corrupt and then do the same for Trump and his children that the left side of the ledger is going to be longer? Come on.

Eleven Trump associates have been charged with crimes. I suppose it's possible not all are guilty, but at least some have already pleaded guilty and/or been found guilty. Being an ass doesn't even crack my top 20 list of reasons that Trump is bad for this country -- and it shouldn't take a degree from Trump University to figure that out.
    Stillwater, MN
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited December 2021
    I don't really hear a lot of people eager to throw a parade for Biden, but when the alternative is someone as corrupt, unethical and narcissistic as Trump I really don't see how there's even a decision to be made. How about we all just agree that both parties will put up a different candidate in the next cycle and then maybe we can move forward.
    You clearly don’t understand the word corrupt. Please see Hunter Biden laptop. In particular, the parts which clearly outline his fathers grift and decades of corruption. SMH. 

Orange guy may have been an ass, but he can’t hold a candle to the professional grifters in DC. That is precisely why they had to get rid of him. Even if it meant a totally made up and corrupt investigation. Derangement is sad. 
    100% agree. The Biden family is a POS and so corrupt, they make Obama look like a saint.  But the media continues to ignore the facts and cover it all up. “Nothing to see here” mentality.  And Hunter has gotten rich in the midst of all the corruption and lies. But we are all seeing thru the lies and deceptive ways of this administration…just look at the low approval numbers for Biden and Harris.  It’s a “train wreck”, and we are only 11 months into this “cluster fu-ked” 4 year nightmare.  Even the Democrats are fighting amongst themselves.  What a mess for the other countries to see.  Biden has made the USA a laughing stock. China is making fun of us, as are other countries. We are being mocked and laughed at. Hang on….it’s not going to get better anytime soon.  Lets go Brandon!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    It’s pre Friday  =)
    canuckland
  • Fridays are “over-rated”.  Every day is a Friday when you are retired!
  • Fridays are “over-rated”.  Every day is a Friday when you are retired!
      I never realized that arguing about politics with strangers on an anonymous barbecue forum is something to aspire to in retirement.  Let’s go Brandon indeed.  
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    sounds legit, not made up at all
    coming from someone who deals with numbers all day, just not the ones with financial indicators..

#not_made_up
    #bad_policy
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01 said:
    sounds legit, not made up at all
    coming from someone who deals with numbers all day, just not the ones with financial indicators..

#not_made_up
    #bad_policy
    So… you are embarrassing yourself again, because you are interpreting my comments to be about inflation.  Reading in context just isn’t what you’re capable of, so maybe stick to things you’re better at, like maintaining a barbecue catering company.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    caliking said:
    I don't really hear a lot of people eager to throw a parade for Biden, but when the alternative is someone as corrupt, unethical and narcissistic as Trump I really don't see how there's even a decision to be made. How about we all just agree that both parties will put up a different candidate in the next cycle and then maybe we can move forward.
    You clearly don’t understand the word corrupt. Please see Hunter Biden laptop. In particular, the parts which clearly outline his fathers grift and decades of corruption. SMH. 

100% agree. The Biden Trump family is a POS and so corrupt, they make Obama Osama bin Laden look like a saint.  But the media continues to ignore the facts and cover it all up. “Nothing to see here” mentality.  And Hunter Jared Kushner has gotten rich in the midst of all the corruption and lies. But we are all seeing thru the lies and deceptive ways of this that administration…just look at the low approval numbers for Biden and Harris Trump and McConnell.  It’s a “train wreck”, and we are only 11 months into this past that “cluster fu-ked” 4 year nightmare.  Even the Democrats Republicans are fighting amongst themselves.  What a mess for the other countries to see.  Biden Trump has made the USA a laughing stock. China is making fun of us, as are other countries. We are being mocked and laughed at. Hang on….it’s not going to get better anytime soon.  Lets go Brandon!

And, again, who's Brandon?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let's_Go_Brandon
    Clinton, Iowa
  • caliking said:

100% agree. The Biden Trump family is a POS and so corrupt, they make Obama Osama bin Laden look like a saint.  But the media continues to ignore the facts and cover it all up. “Nothing to see here” mentality.  And Hunter Jared Kushner has gotten rich in the midst of all the corruption and lies. But we are all seeing thru the lies and deceptive ways of this that administration…just look at the low approval numbers for Biden and Harris Trump and McConnell.  It’s a “train wreck”, and we are only 11 months into this past that “cluster fu-ked” 4 year nightmare.  Even the Democrats Republicans are fighting amongst themselves.  What a mess for the other countries to see.  Biden Trump has made the USA a laughing stock. China is making fun of us, as are other countries. We are being mocked and laughed at. Hang on….it’s not going to get better anytime soon.  Lets go Brandon!
     Seems like Tucker Carlson's boilerplate works well. Even if it is juvenile. 

He is apparently President of the World, thus responsible for the global inflation.  
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    caliking said:

He is apparently President of the World, thus responsible for the global inflation.  
    also a flesh-wrapped cyborg programmed by George Soros.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    caliking said:

I mean the US does police/run the world.  So yeah, that is correct. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    An interesting anecdote, over Thanksgiving we had die hard Trump hating liberals over.  They were gung-ho Biden supporters, so much so they broke off contact with the Trump supporters in the family and constantly bashed Trump, conservatives, and anyone not full in the Biden camp.  Really approached only the way passionate 20 somethings can.  I applauded their conviction.  I was young once.

Well, at Thanksgiving they actually were angry at Biden and wished they hadn't voted for him.  Said inflation, gas prices, and the economy is crushing them and they are hoping a change happens in 3 years.  They were really worried about taxes too.  Newly employed professionals, taxes suddenly have real meaning to them.  They were also very worried about international events.  Russia, North Korea, Iran, and China (Afghanistan did not bother them).  These were Trump flag burning, trash talking Biden lovers.  I just sat quietly and listened.  It was very interesting.
    Did they talk about Rittenhouse?  I was watching something with my aunt on YouTube and a thumbnail of KR appeared.  She said look at that whiny baby that got away with killing three people.  I asked her what she knew.  Everything was wrong that she thought she knew. I asked if she watched the testimony like me because you need first hand knowledge to form an opinion, not news headlines that are really op/Ed. She said no. When I corrected her points she slunk away.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Langner91 said:
    caliking said:

Is there a wiki entry explaining why some numbnutz don't have the gumption to just say "fvck Joe Biden?"

I mean, I say "Fvck Mitch McConnell" all the time. Not "Let's go McDonald's".

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    caliking said:
    Langner91 said:
    caliking said:

Is there a wiki entry explaining why some numbnutz don't have the gumption to just say "fvck Joe Biden?"

I think it's more of a trigger word. You could just go out and say it but it probably gets under someone else's skin a little more knowing the real meaning behind it. It's probably no different than someone on the left calling President Trump a "Cheeto or Pumpkin." 

All childish in the end....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Langner91
    caliking said:
    Langner91 said:
    caliking said:

I don't know, is your google broken?  I just posted a link because you asked about it twice.  I left the link in an attempt to be impartial.

I was trying to be helpful.

This political forum has a real BBQ problem.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • caliking said:
    Langner91 said:
    caliking said:

Turns out there is lol

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    RyanStl said:
    An interesting anecdote, over Thanksgiving we had die hard Trump hating liberals over.  They were gung-ho Biden supporters, so much so they broke off contact with the Trump supporters in the family and constantly bashed Trump, conservatives, and anyone not full in the Biden camp.  Really approached only the way passionate 20 somethings can.  I applauded their conviction.  I was young once.

Well, at Thanksgiving they actually were angry at Biden and wished they hadn't voted for him.  Said inflation, gas prices, and the economy is crushing them and they are hoping a change happens in 3 years.  They were really worried about taxes too.  Newly employed professionals, taxes suddenly have real meaning to them.  They were also very worried about international events.  Russia, North Korea, Iran, and China (Afghanistan did not bother them).  These were Trump flag burning, trash talking Biden lovers.  I just sat quietly and listened.  It was very interesting.
    Did they talk about Rittenhouse?  I was watching something with my aunt on YouTube and a thumbnail of KR appeared.  She said look at that whiny baby that got away with killing three people.  I asked her what she knew.  Everything was wrong that she thought she knew. I asked if she watched the testimony like me because you need first hand knowledge to form an opinion, not news headlines that are really op/Ed. She said no. When I corrected her points she slunk away.
    Nope, KR did not come up.  The narrative on that entire situation was amazingly wrong, unfortunately those who are still calling for his head have not tried to educate themselves.  I had no idea how wrong the narrative was until the court case.  Turns out media headlines are not allowed in court.  Only facts.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    I did not watch the trial, I have read a fair amount about it.  Upstream of the trial outcome, upstream of the shooting, I fundamentally have an issue with open carry and to me this was the absolute worst example of what should be acceptable.
  • dmchicago
    edited December 2021
    Legume said:
    I did not watch the trial, I have read a fair amount about it.  Upstream of the trial outcome, upstream of the shooting, I fundamentally have an issue with open carry and to me this was the absolute worst example of what should be acceptable.
    While the state failed to prove his guilt beyond RD, this kid created the situation that led to the deaths of those folks, IMHO.

OJ is "innocent", too.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • RyanStl said:

Nope, KR did not come up.  The narrative on that entire situation was amazingly wrong, unfortunately those who are still calling for his head have not tried to educate themselves.  I had no idea how wrong the narrative was until the court case.  Turns out media headlines are not allowed in court.  Only facts.
    It is interesting how some people's confidence in their opinions of various topics is inversely proportional to their actual knowledge.  Someone should maybe come up with a theory to explain that.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Langner91 said:
    caliking said:
    Langner91 said:
    caliking said:

I don't know, is your google broken?  I just posted a link because you asked about it twice.  I left the link in an attempt to be impartial.

I was trying to be helpful.

This political forum has a real BBQ problem.
    Didn't intend to slam you, so sorry if it came across that way. I did appreciate that you posted that link. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    RyanStl said:

It is interesting how some people's confidence in their opinions of various topics is inversely proportional to their actual knowledge.  Someone should maybe come up with a theory to explain that.
    Pretty sure the theory is called: "Internet Forums", or that may be the name of the proof.  I get those confused.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Langner91
    No problem.  I didn't take it as a slam.  Just my attempt at staying neutral.  I tend to come here for the food and try to not get sucked too far into the politics and religion.  That's what Twitter is for!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    While the state failed to prove his guilt beyond RD, this kid created the situation that led to the deaths of those folks, IMHO.

OJ is "innocent", too.
    I don’t entirely disagree with you, but these people also did this to themselves. If I see some dude walking the streets with a high powered rifle I’m not going to sucker punch him with a skateboard. Or run up to him holding my own gun. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Maybe in the interest of forum harmony, we should move to discussing other kinds of inflation?

• dmchicago
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:

OJ is "innocent", too.
    I don’t entirely disagree with you, but these people also did this to themselves. If I see some dude walking the streets with a high powered rifle I’m not going to sucker punch him with a skateboard. Or run up to him holding my own gun. 
    And I don't entirely disagree with you. If I was out there "protesting", and some dude came rolling up the street with a rifle, I'd NTFO.

Not sure why these folks did what they did but they aren't around to ask. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    dmchicago said:

Not sure why these folks did what they did but they aren't around to ask. 
    Except for the guy that was shot after pointing his gun at Rittenhouse, he was around for some questions. 

“As Mr. Grosskreutz described the seconds before Mr. Rittenhouse shot him, he was shown photos that captured him pointing his gun at Mr. Rittenhouse.

“So when you were standing three to five feet from him with your arms up in the air, he never fired, right?” Corey Chirafisi, a defense lawyer, asked.

“Correct,” Mr. Grosskreutz answered.

“It wasn’t until you pointed your gun at him, advanced on him with your gun — now your hands down, pointed at him — that he fired, right?” Mr. Chirafisi said.

“Correct,” he said.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/08/us/kyle-rittenhouse-gaige-grosskreutz-testimony.html

• dmchicago
    Maybe in the interest of forum harmony, we should move to discussing other kinds of inflation?

Can I get the bouncy babe gif...PLEASE!

Dennis - Austin,TX