Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's cookin' for Thanksgiving 2021??

Small affair for us, this year. Have the turkey roulade to drop in the bath tomorrow, and I'll be baking a maple pecan pie tonight.

What do y'all have on the cards for this Thanksgiving? 

Wishing good eats, and good health, to everyone.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• Depends on what is on sale at Rouse’s, in the parking lot now. Probably pork tenderloins.
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    We just moved to AZ and still in our rental until next week. So it is a 4 lb Butterball Bone in Turkey breast for us. I will be setting up a 2 zone using B&B Lump in a Char Griller using Dr. BBQ Lemon Herb Turkey recipe.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Prime ribeye (prime rib roast)....blanched some green beans for a casserole, and TBD.  I'm all about the horseradish sauce.
    Probably make some no-knead bread and cookies also...
    Doing two turkeys, one in the roaster and one deep fried along with Taters, greens and pies. Probably some bourbon as well...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Thanks to @Ikapigian's adobo-paste thread, I've been craving chili and now have a pot to last thru the weekend.  Along with Bisquick biscuits with a "best-used-by" date of 2014.  
    A roast turkey isn't a great idea for one person.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Fried turkey, cornbread dressing, 1lb bacon with 2lbs green beans, yada yada, pumpkin & apple pies, blueberry ginger crumble.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Just Ynette and I for Thanksgiving Thursday. Have a 12 pound fresh Diestel turkey that I will spatchcock and Egg tomorrow. Then our 'daughter' and a movie star (actually a stuntman) will be over Friday for Friendsgiving. Another turkey and this time all the fixings and sides.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    We are doing a turkey breast, meat church’s stuffing recipes, potatoes, corn and some veggie.  We were suppose to host a small gathering this year and we all ended up coming down with covid over the last week.  We are all in good spirits, very mild symptoms but it’s making its way through daycare right now.  Likely working from home for the 3rd week in a row next week…
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Hoster05 said:
    We are doing a turkey breast, meat church’s stuffing recipes, potatoes, corn and some veggie.  We were suppose to host a small gathering this year and we all ended up coming down with covid over the last week.  We are all in good spirits, very mild symptoms but it’s making its way through daycare right now.  Likely working from home for the 3rd week in a row next week…
    Dang. Sorry to hear about catching Covid. Enjoy your family time together though. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited November 2021
    Prime Rib Roast, sweet tater soufflé, twice baked taters, baby Lima beans and some killer bread. Augustine and horseradish sauce to compliment. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    Turkey, mashed potatoes, green been casserole, corn bread stuffing, cheesy cauliflower, and some pies.

This year we are adding a jello fruit salad.  Gonna be wild!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Hoster05 said:
    Hope y'all are well, and are able to enjoy Thanksgiving, despite the change in plans.

• caliking
    WeberWho said:
    Turkey and spicy Mac & Cheese for my parents side.

Mac & Cheese for my wife's side.

Providing a Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and a desert for a couple different families in need. 

I just finished mashing all the potatoes. I'm also assembling the Mac & Cheese today but will finish off with the turkeys in the stick burner tomorrow. 
    Good on you, sir. I'm sure the families you're cooking for, will enjoy it immensely.

• caliking
    Legume said:
    Fried turkey, cornbread dressing, 1lb bacon with 2lbs green beans, yada yada, pumpkin & apple pies, blueberry ginger crumble.
    I zeroed in on the blueberry ginger crumble. Could you share the recipe?

• 21 lb spatchcock  turkey, mashed potatoes, a few homemade pies, cranberries, corn bread, stuffing....pretty much the usuals. A good brussel sprout, squash, pecan dish.

This weekend I'll take the carcass and some veggies and spices and make a few quarts of pho.
  • caliking
    21 lb spatchcock  turkey, mashed potatoes, a few homemade pies, cranberries, corn bread, stuffing....pretty much the usuals. A good brussel sprout, squash, pecan dish.

This weekend I'll take the carcass and some veggies and spices and make a few quarts of pho.
    Nice. I'm up to my ears in turkey stock this time - about a gallon from the work luncheon turkey carcass, and another gallon to come, after I smoke the breast carcass sitting in the fridge. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    I zeroed in on the blueberry ginger crumble. Could you share the recipe?
    This is a mother/daughter experiment, I’ll have to track it down.
  • My ham looks a little funny. 

Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • caliking
    I'd wait for it to cool down, before you...

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,333
    HogFather said:
    My ham looks a little funny. 

It does look moist. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    I'm making all the things in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6z23UOWExw

Spatchcock turkey
    Corn bread stuffing
    Maple carrots
    Pan gravy
    Mashed potatoes

Wife is working on a cherry pie right now and biscuits tomorrow
    Mountain View, CA
  • HogFather said:
    My ham looks a little funny. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    11lb fresh local raised and 22lb frozen (well, it was) Jennie-O.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    I am surprised at the prime rib offerings.  I get that is a big deal at Christmas but thought turkey (good, bad or indifferent) ruled the 4th Thursday in November.  
    Learn something new every day here.
    Happy Thanksgiving-a bit early (EST).
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.