Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:
    @CPFC1905 - You are a slick operator to be able to finesse that location.
    Congratulations on the successful completion of another lap of the sun.  
    Credit where it’s due to SWMBO for snaring the deal. 

Those solar laps seem to accelerate don’t they? 🍻
    edit: years getting longer by 5.5 seconds every 100 century.

this seems to be more plausible than the experts saying perceived life is half over at age 7.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • PeteSliver
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:

this seems to be more plausible than the experts saying perceived life is half over at age 7.
    Experts?  Which experts? That guy from TEXAS or the professor or the lump expert or the anus expert or the whiskey expert or the all around expert or the expert from UK (sorry Ed, not you)
  • fishlessman
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:

Experts?  Which experts? That guy from TEXAS or the professor or the lump expert or the anus expert or the whiskey expert or the all around expert or the expert from UK (sorry Ed, not you)

maybe i should have used the term....science =)
    fukahwee maine

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    crashbc said:
    multi-tasking during a meting that should have been an email...and deciding what I want to cook for dinner tonight
    I'm right there with you on the first...but I'm ordering Christmas presents.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @CPFC1905 - Wait til you engage the supercharger then watch the clock spin! 
    Life is like a roll of TP-the closer you get to the end the faster it goes.   =)
    I once read an interesting suggestion as to why that is.  The writer was supposing that each additional year is a smaller percentage of your life.  So the year from 49-50 seems much shorter than the year between 9-10, because it is only 2% of your life rather than 10%.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Options
    time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Time Is A Flat Circle GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    There Probably Won39t Be A Third Season Of 39True Detective39 Time Is No  Longer A Flat Circle
    Options
    Watching the USMNT kickball team and waiting on this pepper stout beef to finish up. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    trying to figure out the flame boss 500 . . . hopefully I got it right
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Acn
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just installed something. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Does @dmchicago get a cut??   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2021
    Options
    A lot of you guys sure do get excited about spraying things into or rather onto your poo holes. It's really odd.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Does @dmchicago get a cut??   B)
    True happiness is the clean holes we met along the way. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    DMW said:

There needs to be an alternative thing to load up your toilet paper holder with, rather than leaving it bare and useless.
    Prosciutto?  Bacon?  News clippings?  Scotch tape?  Crossword puzzles?  Vocabulary Word of the Day (ooh, I bet they make those!)?  Saran Wrap?  Maybe a one-armed Bandit gambling machine thingie?  Butcher paper?  Tea bags?  COVID masks?  Tear-off condoms?  Or even a modification of those stupid "spinner" toys?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Preparing a letter to send to all of my customers. Another price increase 6 months after the last one….just can’t keep absorbing the rising costs
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Preparing a letter to send to all of my customers. Another price increase 6 months after the last one….just can’t keep absorbing the rising costs
    We have been hit 3 times this year, what used to be an annual bump is now quarterly …used to be , if someone called a year after we quoted a job, and now they are ready I could suck up the small increase and honor it, call me a few months later now that price went up 35%…..used to pay $10.00 for 4x8 sheets of metal, $75.00 yesterday and no end in sight

that aside , my average ticket price is through the roof as well as my margins , so there is that
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

I may be out of line here but why bother writing them a letter, everything is going up. Seems like it just gives them something to **** about and time to shop around.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

I may be out of line here but why bother writing them a letter, everything is going up. Seems like it just gives them something to **** about and time to shop around.
    Agree, people know it’s happening , primary vendors  vs end user typically do send out increase letters though ….

plus side to this, the bottom feeders are being culled out 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Botch said:
    DMW said:

There needs to be an alternative thing to load up your toilet paper holder with, rather than leaving it bare and useless.
    Prosciutto?  Bacon?  News clippings?  Scotch tape?  Crossword puzzles?  Vocabulary Word of the Day (ooh, I bet they make those!)?  Saran Wrap?  Maybe a one-armed Bandit gambling machine thingie?  Butcher paper?  Tea bags?  COVID masks?  Tear-off condoms?  Or even a modification of those stupid "spinner" toys?  
    That toilet paper holder has been empty since we've moved here, there's another one on the cabinet just out of camera view.
    I can't imagine why anyone thought a toiler paper holder there would be a good idea, ergonomics on reaching for that would be awful.

But now I have ideas for the unused one...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    DMW said:
    Botch said:
    DMW said:

That toilet paper holder has been empty since we've moved here, there's another one on the cabinet just out of camera view.
    I can't imagine why anyone thought a toiler paper holder there would be a good idea, ergonomics on reaching for that would be awful.

But now I have ideas for the unused one...
    You all live on the edge.  Should still have toilet paper loaded as a backup.  Sh*t happens.  You need contingency plans.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    edited November 2021
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Not out of line, but we’re talking restaurant groups with 100’s of locations each…and one with over 2200…..they have to push increases in from corporate to franchisees in a timely manner. Most increases are negotiated and then get a 60 day delay. Don’t want to jeopardize my relationship with these guys over blindsiding them. Bad enough LTL freight costs are thru the nose already. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    DMW said:

you rich folk, a porcelain god with a face washer/ tooth cleaner AND a handle assist mounted on the wall for getting back up
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    That makes sense, probably not going to slip it past those guys ;-)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Not out of line, but we’re talking restaurant groups with 100’s of locations each…and one with over 2200…..they have to push increases in from corporate to franchisees in a timely manner. Most increases are negotiated and then get a 60 day delay. Don’t want to jeopardize my relationship with these guys over blindsiding them. Bad enough LTL freight costs are thru the nose already. 

the price quotes in the metal industry are held for 24 hours now, if the stock is still available in 24 hours. hope theres an out clause for the 60 day period
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:

Agree, people know it’s happening , primary vendors  vs end user typically do send out increase letters though ….

plus side to this, the bottom feeders are being culled out 
    A well run, well finaced business can manage some fluctuations, the weaklings can't. It's good to thin the herd sometimes.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    we fertilize corn with anhydrous ammonia , 2021 it was $575 a ton, next year they are guessing it will be between $1,200-$1,500 a ton

South of Columbus, Ohio.