Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Getting my Florida footwear right. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    My dishwasher arrived:

You will love it!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm getting into crafting.  Anyone need doilies cut out, I'm your low-testosterone man.
    Options
    Sensors to add my humidor to Homekit 🤣😂

paqman said:

What are you running, @paqman? Show us your box! 😂
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited October 2021
    Options
    paqman said:

What are you running, @paqman? Show us your box! 😂
    The humidor is just a plain humidor, nothing fancy.  I replaced the hygrometer with this sensor and I am waiting for another one (without a display and half the size) to be delivered.  I basically created a room in HomeKit for the humidor.  It is too bad sensors are not shown separately (values are the average of all sensors in the room) because I have two so I will have to create a second room when the new sensors come in.

Options
    @GrateEggspectations This is the sensor I am using now

I just ordered a bunch of the one below from AliExpress.  It is about half the size of the one in the picture above but no display.  Battery is supposed to last 2 years.  I have one installed in the bathroom ventilator to start it when the humidity gets too high (bath/shower).  The movement sensors are pretty cool too.

edited October 2021
    Options
    I'm getting into crafting.  Anyone need doilies cut out, I'm your low-testosterone man.
    Hey wow my wife has that same one. You gonna make tshirt and yeti cup stickers too??

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Ms. Bucky said you have an awesome garage, but  are a complete neophyte when it comes to setting up a craft room.   

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I thought garage fridges were the beer locker??  =)
    I am currently out of beer.  Doing a bit of a health phase right now.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Tired of buying an 60$ ink cartridge every time I need to print something
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

I'm not up on my modern printer tech. Do LED Printers not require toner cartridges? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    It uses toners I’m assuming the LEDs referring to the screen 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Lighted LCD screen is awesome. 

That seems like a really good price for that. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    The screen is LCD, these use LEDs rather than lasers.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_printer

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    kl8ton said:

ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎

#4 reason why not to run a marathon
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,654
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Cool @dmw thanks for the info. @SonVolt I’m a idiot. I probably print twice a week and it seems like my hp cartridges are always empty. Supposedly the starter pack of toners that come with this printer are good for around 1000 pages.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    DMW said:

Do you get much more life out of the ink with LED printers? I also would like printer for the house, just don't want to pay for the overpriced cartridges. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    DMW said:

Do you get much more life out of the ink with LED printers? I also would like printer for the house, just don't want to pay for the overpriced cartridges. 
    No.  But the toner for those is relatively cheap.  Brother has been pretty good about focusing on economic printing.

Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    Gotta be associated with long distance running and inadequate pre run vaseline application.  Just guessing here  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I have a Brother (Black toner only) Multi function device on my desk at work.  I don't think I have ever replaced the toner.  Going on a year now.  I print probably 50 pages a week (this includes copies).  I really like the device.  

The HP color laser printer in our main office,  on the other hand, consumes toner like HPs existence depends on it.  $200 per cartridge x 4 cartridges.  I've replaced them 3 times in 7 months.  Some of our literature will be overhauled soon.  I don't need color to cover 80% of a page.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    Gotta be associated with long distance running and inadequate pre run vaseline application.  Just guessing here  B)
    No running here B)

I'm a few days into a CPAP machine and the nasal mask is playing hell on the base/bottom of my nose.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    No running here B)

I'm a few days into a CPAP machine and the nasal mask is playing hell on the base/bottom of my nose.
    I probably need a CPAP, going to get a sleep study done.

However, I just got an ergonomic pillow and three days in, SWMBO has said that I'm not snoring or doing the apnea thing at all now.  Also I feel much better in the morning.

Options
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    No running here B)

I probably need a CPAP, going to get a sleep study done.

However, I just got an ergonomic pillow and three days in, SWMBO has said that I'm not snoring or doing the apnea thing at all now.  Also I feel much better in the morning.

I’ve dramatically seen improvement in just a few nights. I was averaging 19 events/ hr on the sleep study. Since CPAP the most I’ve had for one night is 5.