Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Just pulled the trigger on this:

One of my Engineers has one and I finally decided to try it.
    Best wallet I've ever had.  Can't imagine ever going back to something else.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Just bought a new dishwasher.   Not anywhere near as fun as the KBQ, but nearly as expensive.  At least I am stimulating the economy.  

I realized that I had solidly landed in middle age when I started caring about dishwashers.

I also realized that dishwasher companies (or salespeople) really, really want you to just put everything in with all of the food stuck to it.  That works great if you run it every time you put something in it, or if you don’t mind the kitchen developing a funk from rotting food in the dishwasher waiting for you to have enough stuff loaded to kick off a cycle, but that’s never worked for us as a strategy - maybe cleaning up after having a group 

anyway, congratulations
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Just bought a new dishwasher.   Not anywhere near as fun as the KBQ, but nearly as expensive.  At least I am stimulating the economy.  

I realized that I had solidly landed in middle age when I started caring about dishwashers.

I also realized that dishwasher companies (or salespeople) really, really want you to just put everything in with all of the food stuck to it.  That works great if you run it every time you put something in it, or if you don’t mind the kitchen developing a funk from rotting food in the dishwasher waiting for you to have enough stuff loaded to kick off a cycle, but that’s never worked for us as a strategy - maybe cleaning up after having a group 

anyway, congratulations
    I really didn't care until we bought a new one many years ago (in our old house) and I had a chance to see what a difference it made.  

We run our current one pretty much every day.  With two girls in the house there always seems to be plenty of dishes that need to be washed.  Which is strange, because they both eat like birds.  Maybe most of the dishes are actually mine... 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options

Nice!  I am in the market and was leaning Bosch, what lead you to choose Miele?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Can one of you help me select an appropriate propane regulator to go with my new Paella burner? Working pressure is listed at 37mbar.  Would a 0-20psi adjustable regulator be too much? 

http://www.flamesvlc.com/t-series/gas-burner-t-460/?lang=en
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options

dishwasher flex.

#drip
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

We probably would have went with Bosch if the wait times for them weren't pushing 8 months to a year.  

The Miele is pretty similar in terms of overall technology and build quality.  
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Just spent a ton of my buddy's money on my boat.  

how does one get this super power....my outboard just turned 30 and its not 30 years young
    He has carte blanche use of it.  Started storing it at his house (about 100 yards from mine same street) because I like the extra space in my shop.  He takes it out 10 times more than I do. 

So he's been putting some money in it.  Got a new tach and fuel gauge (they had never worked for me) the other day, and got them installed.

Waiting on a Minn Kota saltwater Riptide Ultera with spot lock idrive, etc

Riptide Ulterra 80 lb thrust 54 inch shaft with i-Pilot and heading sensor
    Last night we ordered (he paid) for all the installation stuff and battery.  24V 100Ah LiFePO4 battery (not cheap).

I'm way to cheap for that.  But he fishes by himself all the time.  The boat will self launch, anchor off the dock and you park the truck and drive the boat to yourself to go fishing.  GPS spot lock is great for fishing, iDrive is probably something he won't use, but it basically it's an autopilot.

My dad has a row boat he built, but at 85 he's a bit old for rowing and was talking about an outboard.  Electric sounds like a great solution.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Just spent a ton of my buddy's money on my boat.  

how does one get this super power....my outboard just turned 30 and its not 30 years young
    He has carte blanche use of it.  Started storing it at his house (about 100 yards from mine same street) because I like the extra space in my shop.  He takes it out 10 times more than I do. 

So he's been putting some money in it.  Got a new tach and fuel gauge (they had never worked for me) the other day, and got them installed.

Waiting on a Minn Kota saltwater Riptide Ultera with spot lock idrive, etc

Riptide Ulterra 80 lb thrust 54 inch shaft with i-Pilot and heading sensor
    Last night we ordered (he paid) for all the installation stuff and battery.  24V 100Ah LiFePO4 battery (not cheap).

I'm way to cheap for that.  But he fishes by himself all the time.  The boat will self launch, anchor off the dock and you park the truck and drive the boat to yourself to go fishing.  GPS spot lock is great for fishing, iDrive is probably something he won't use, but it basically it's an autopilot.

My dad has a row boat he built, but at 85 he's a bit old for rowing and was talking about an outboard.  Electric sounds like a great solution.
    If you lived near me I'd give you my old one.   
    Options

We probably would have went with Bosch if the wait times for them weren't pushing 8 months to a year.  

Miele is generally a step above Bosch.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Gave some carbon steel wax for seasoning a try. I sanded my old seasoning off the bottom and wet sanded down to 2000 grit then you apply the wax when the pan is warm then take a fresh paper towel and wipe it all off just leave the thinnest layer then bake in the oven at 500 upside down for an hour and let cool in the oven. This has 2 of the 3 coats done. The pan is freshly washed here no oil or anything on it. Stuff seems to work good and only uses a tiny bit. This container will do probably 50 coats. 
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing. And I love that Farmhouse skillet. If I didn’t already have so much CS and CI, I’d pounce on that beauty. If you don’t mind, report back after a few cooks with that waxx (sic) on. 

What’s the metal plate on the back left?
    It works good but cant speak on longevity yet. Did home fries with bacon, onion, and peppers tonight then wiped out and did eggs and with a little ghee it was completely non stick. Looks shiny after wiping out. Hopefully it lasts.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:

BONUS!
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Eoin said:

BONUS!
    I have a bad habit of looking at video tours of mega-yachts on YouTube, etc.  (you know - Just in case I win the lottery or something). Many of the high end galley’s in these yachts have all Miele appliances.  If it passes muster for a $20 - $30 million yacht, I suspect it is good stuff!! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Eoin said:

BONUS!
    I have a bad habit of looking at video tours of mega-yachts on YouTube, etc.  (you know - Just in case I win the lottery or something). Many of the high end galley’s in these yachts have all Miele appliances.  If it passes muster for a $20 - $30 million yacht, I suspect it is good stuff!! 
    I have some Russian/Polish neighbours and they are obsessed with Miele. I’ve only ever owned one Miele product - a vacuum cleaner - and it didn’t hold a candle to the Dyson we replaced it with, FWIW. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Eoin said:

BONUS!
    If you own a mega-yacht, you don't use appliances.  You pay someone to use your appliances.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I don't know what I am buying, but I'm gonna get something cool.  Every time one of these boxes show up, I can get away with most any purchase. 🤣🤣🤣

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:

BONUS!
    Miele is designed and tested to last, which is generally what their appliances do.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:

BONUS!
    If you own a mega-yacht, you don't use appliances.  You pay someone to use your appliances.
    You mean now I have to buy a yacht AND slaves?!?!?  FAHK
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Eoin said:

BONUS!
    You mean now I have to buy a yacht AND slaves?!?!?  FAHK
    You don't need to acquire a crew, your assistant does all that stuff.  You have a lot to learn about being ultra-wealthy.

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-its-like-to-be-personal-assistant-ultra-wealthy-insignia
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i found my first dishwasher on the side of the road this year, so i stocked up on streamer flies. young girl in maine starting a business from home, ties some really nice stuff

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    I don't know what I am buying, but I'm gonna get something cool.  Every time one of these boxes show up, I can get away with most any purchase. 🤣🤣🤣

Amazes me what women spend on basically waxed canvas. Zero leather except for maybe the piping. Outstanding warranty tho, lifetime you own the bag…..can you tell I own 2?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Amazes me what women spend on basically waxed canvas. Zero leather except for maybe the piping. Outstanding warranty tho, lifetime you own the bag…..can you tell I own 2?
    Yes, it does amaze me.  I have learned to not ask questions or say anything.  It is something she clearly gets enjoyment out of.  She feels the same way about my knives, bourbon, and smokers.  She did buy me a nice LV duffel, and it is very nice.  I look funny carrying it though.  Ragged jeans, old t-shirt, and worn out boots plus LV duffel.  😆
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Yes, it does amaze me.  I have learned to not ask questions or say anything.  It is something she clearly gets enjoyment out of.  She feels the same way about my knives, bourbon, and smokers.  She did buy me a nice LV duffel, and it is very nice.  I look funny carrying it though.  Ragged jeans, old t-shirt, and worn out boots plus LV duffel.  😆
    And the pink hair huh?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    maybe louis v is making reel bags, this reel came with gucci

ari hart reel question - Reel Talk - ORCA

fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    600 psi?  But I only need 60.
    Options
    600 psi?  But I only need 60.

where to find room for a 600psi pump
    fukahwee maine

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    My dishwasher arrived:

Fastest order to delivery in 2021.  Congrats!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My dishwasher arrived:

Fastest order to delivery in 2021.  Congrats!
    Lots of things come more quickly for yachts.