Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Eoin said:
    View from the hotel balcony in Cahors.

Beautiful. Keep the photos coming. 

Never been to Cahors, but very much enjoyed my time in La Loire. So much history and such architectural mastery. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    The view I posted was on the way down. This is from the old bridge by the hotel. Zoom in on the top of the treeline a third of the way in from the left and you'll see a cross. That was the furthest point.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Spreading somewhere between 7 and 15 tons of soil. 

Curious why you are spreading dirt on your dirt. Did you do a soil sample and it called for more… dirt?
    It's to fill in and level the ruts. @GrateEggspectations did they mix that with sand? It needs to be a 70/30 mix to ensure proper absorption 
    Right. This is sandy loam, so there is sand, but I don’t know the proportion. 

It’s an older house and there are some holes on the property, especially in the back. When we moved in, they had patio stones against the foundation, so I’ve removed those, am building up the earth and will then overseed.
    Loam is, by definition, sandy.  So this stuff was double sandy?  (Just making fun of all the inquisition into such a pedestrian activity of spreading double sanded loam)  😀
    If three types of sand are required,  an instructional video will be necessary.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Eoin said:
    View from the hotel balcony in Cahors.

Outstanding!  You'll be sampling the local rose?   I hope you've ditched that protein-lite diet none-sense while you're there in the home of Fois Gras? 

Get over to Rocamadour for spectacular scenes, unless you don't like heights. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

Where did that week go?  We’re off again and it’s a non-stop helter skelter whirlwind of football fun right now.   Euro matches every mid-week and teams finding their feet so the table will continue to shift.

Top of the shop tonight is a right old ding-dong in the Championship. The consistency the Potters threatened in the last two years has emerged and their home match against West Brom is as good a test as it comes, with the Baggies currently top & undefeated.  Will it be reported amongst the Stoke loyal as just a free-hit or statement result?  Feels a bit drawish but let’s go for a nail biting 1-0 to freak out @Eoin

Saturday 

Man Utd v Everton : nearly top 4 plays nearly top 6 contenders.  Utd probably have enough but the Toffees are playing with pep and vim. A close 2-1.

Burnley v Norwich : will they both go down, can either score, will the Canaries go all season without a point? 1-0

Chelsea v Southampton : tough start continues for Ralf’s Saints and the blues stay on message here with a comfy 2-0

Leeds v Watford : no signs of self-doubt (yet) at Elland Road but a defeat here would be classic 2nd season syndrome. The Hornets just aren’t all that. 2-0.

Wolves v Newcastle : no other word but flaccid for the Toon this season. Wolves are still struggling to find an identify. This has bore draw stamped all over it. 0-0

Brighton v Arsenal : chance to see how good these two actually are.  Polar opposite starts but the Gunners are now on a roll and you just sense the filthy Seagulls don’t have the cahunas.  I would not bet on Arsenal but goals will be scored. 2-2

Sunday 

Palace v Leicester : ‘nice to watch’ is always a back handed compliment but I’ll take it for the emergent new Palace.  The Foxes aren’t quite on song yet and stuttered mid-week in Europe. The atmosphere will be frenetic and then agin that only ever amplifies the screaming scrotum Vardy.  Could be 90 mins of hectic hurly burly and five goals shared. I mean I’ll take a drab 1-0 but somehow 3-2 feel closer the mark.  (Nailed on 0-2 now isn’t it?)

Spurs v Villa : North London’s new calamity club, stealing the crown from Arsenal, Spurs really are in the doldrums now. Will an easy win mid0week help them or flatter to deceive? Frankly they would take a nil all right now. Villa will have other ideas and showed their mineral last week winning at Old Trafford. 2-1

West Ham v Brentford : It’s Bees to the Bubbles as the West End Boys go east and this is too tight to call.  The new-boys need to nullify Antonio while finding a way to score. This result offers a good bell-weather for each team albeit only a home win will satisfy the Hammer faithful. 

2-1

Liverpool v Man City : here it is, the big one 1st v 2nd. Each has the fire power and experience to sink the other.  Lots and lots of talent on show but will they nullify each other or cause a virtuoso perforce? Should be City but I think Pep will over-think it an harpoon his team, leading to a 2-1 home win.

There you go, drink that lot up. Chin chin.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited October 2021
    I'd rather be slicing bacon but...

Since we moved into our house 30+ years ago a seldom used bathtub had a drippy faucet, we would just turn it real tight to stop the drip and never bothered digging in.

Recently we started using the tub and can no longer stand the drip, so I took it apart and found couple of errant solder blobs on the valve seat! Damn new home plumber ☹
    (Pic shows one blob, the other blob popped off easily)

canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @GrateEggspectations Window of opportunity right there.  Well played.  Enjoy the remainder of the evening.  Nights like these are in short supply for the rest of 2021.  But there is always next year...
    Time to post up a few pics of the exotics that you will find in the parking lot.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Hired a sitter and made a break for it.

Cool looking spot. Reminds me of a really cool spot down in Cocoa Beach. Enjoy!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    My daughter won student body President for her grade school and wanted McDonalds for her celebration dinner. High roller. Go to McDonalds to pick it up, to find out that I apparently live next to the only McDonalds that still has the inside totally closed. I could sit in the drive through for 40 minutes or use their stupid app and sit outside for 20 while they figure out how to fry some chicken nuggets. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    My daughter won student body President for her grade school and wanted McDonalds for her celebration dinner. High roller. Go to McDonalds to pick it up, to find out that I apparently live next to the only McDonalds that still has the inside totally closed. I could sit in the drive through for 40 minutes or use their stupid app and sit outside for 20 while they figure out how to fry some chicken nuggets. 
    A number of fast food joints are closing their dining rooms again.  This is due to local mandates requiring vaccination verification.  They do not want to be the vaccine police.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    A number of fast food joints are closing their dining rooms again.  This is due to local mandates requiring vaccination verification.  They do not want to be the vaccine police.
    A few of ours are closing because they don't have the staff to support drive thru/curb side AND dine-in operations.  

Burger king has signs up that they are hiring 14 year olds!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    I get it in that case, however, there are not mandates here like that. They shut the dining rooms at the onset of COVID and have never opened it back up. It is only THIS McDonalds. All the other ones are open. Most of them here are owned by a single Franchisee. 

Overall, not a big deal. Just a mere inconvenience. I think I was more pi$$ed at the a$$holes in the drive through line that wouldn’t let me out of the parking lot because they were afraid of someone possibly sneaking in front of them. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• My daughter won student body President for her grade school and wanted McDonalds for her celebration dinner. High roller. Go to McDonalds to pick it up, to find out that I apparently live next to the only McDonalds that still has the inside totally closed. I could sit in the drive through for 40 minutes or use their stupid app and sit outside for 20 while they figure out how to fry some chicken nuggets. 
    Who the hell would plan to eat at McDonald’s 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• In reference to the app, not your kiddo. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Certainly not me. I did manage to get there, find out I couldn’t go inside, download the app, order, wait 15 minutes for the food to come out and get in the car before the car that passed my going to the drive through line left. I did get stuck trying to get out though. So they beat me. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• My daughter won student body President for her grade school and wanted McDonalds for her celebration dinner. High roller. Go to McDonalds to pick it up, to find out that I apparently live next to the only McDonalds that still has the inside totally closed. I could sit in the drive through for 40 minutes or use their stupid app and sit outside for 20 while they figure out how to fry some chicken nuggets. 
    It’s not so much about planning as convenience.  You’re on the highway and the kids want Mickey D’s, so you pull the app out and place the order and it’s ready by the time you pull up.  Lots of places operate this way these days.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
    It’s not so much about planning as convenience.  You’re on the highway and the kids want Mickey D’s, so you pull the app out and place the order and it’s ready by the time you pull up.  Lots of places operate this way these days.  
    I suppose, I never understood it though. Does it take longer to yell into the box and drive to the next window? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Battleborn said:
    I think I was more pi$$ed at the a$$holes in the drive through line that wouldn’t let me out of the parking lot because they were afraid of someone possibly sneaking in front of them. 

Didn't you just buy a scary-looking gun?  :tongue:  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited October 2021
    I'd rather be slicing bacon but...

Since we moved into our house 30+ years ago a seldom used bathtub had a drippy faucet, we would just turn it real tight to stop the drip and never bothered digging in.

Recently we started using the tub and can no longer stand the drip, so I took it apart and found couple of errant solder blobs on the valve seat! Damn new home plumber ☹
    (Pic shows one blob, the other blob popped off easily)

Oh, another gem from the same plumber probably…

Not long after we moved in, I noticed the standard builder ceiling globe light fixture above the stove had a dark ‘shadow’ in its bottom 1/4. Turned out it was water!  Upon investigation I found the culprit .. the said bathtub which is above the kitchen had a slow leak at the drain! I fixed it by reinstalling the drain cover with fresh plumber putty. Unreal

canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Ermahgerd.  I learned tonight that you really can add too much fresh garlic to a piece of hot garlic toast.  Slightly upset stomach since supper, and then with a slight burp in my recliner, I dropped a housefly stone-cold dead, mid-flight, from I believe 15 feet away.
    I may be able to clean one or two toilet bowls tomorrow, we'll see.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Hopefully the person behind the steering wheel is not the one doing the ordering.  Any driving distraction option is readily taken as a "yes I can do this" and it will only get worse.  Off mini soap-box.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I suppose, I never understood it though. Does it take longer to yell into the box and drive to the next window? 
    What's to understand?  They start making it when you put your order in.  You can wait for it on the drive over or the drive-in.

The order is a bunch of zeros and ones in a computer.  The minions making it are looking at a computer screen, robotically obeying.  The orders to the cooks are the same regardless of how they get there.  And you can thank society in general whose generous tax dollars subsidize the labor.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    If I owned a fast food place, I would never build one with an inside again. Pandemic has made these places realize they don’t need indoor dining to still crush it. If it were a Chick Fil A, I’d slap as many drive thrus on that building as possible 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Here in France, no vaccination = no entry. You have to show proof everywhere.