Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    @ColtsFan. Holy smoke John you have certainly been in the wars 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Decided to smash my hand and break a finger. Good times 😂 

Care to let us know how so we may learn from your misfortune or shall we just let our imaginations run wild?

Options
    ColtsFan said:

Care to let us know how so we may learn from your misfortune or shall we just let our imaginations run wild?

I wish it was a cool story. I was putting together one of these at the office. Had the hardwood top on the floor, bolting the legs to it. The other set of legs fell over and smashed it between it and the top. I didn’t even see it coming. Hit it just right. Total fluke scenario 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

I write this, to you dear reader - from under the park bench which is now my home.  My spectacular inversion of forecasts and ill-fated decision to bet everything upon those outcomes sees me ‘exploring new approaches to life’.    

Unperturbed I go again.  Back stronger and there’s some stonking fixtures ….

Saturday

Chelsea v Man City - oooh, top of the table clash and Pep got done good and proper by Tommy T 3 times last season, including most ignominiously the CL Final. The lunchtime kick off will flatten those out a bit but a real tough one. The contrarian in me says 1-2 and the title race is fully on.

Man Utd v Villa - will the real Man Utd please stand up?  Misfits or genius’ (genii?) Anyway 3-1.

Everton v Norwich - the Canaries have been deployed to hazardous mine shaft called the Premier League.  Nothing here for them despite the Toffee’s hap hazard start to the season. 2-0

Leeds v West Ham - a hooligan classic of the 80’s (Google ICF and see for yourself) and a close match in store on the pitch.  Antonio back for the Hammers means a lot.  Sooner or later thought it’ll click for Leeds. 1-1.

Burnley v Leicester - by all accounts the Foxes should have beaten the filthy Seagulls last time but they didn’t - buffoons.   The Clarets are still looking for their first win and I just don’t see it here.  Maybe a draw but Brendan’s boys will be smarting so I’m going 0-1. 

Watford v Newcastle - what the heck are the rotten Hornets doing in 11th place?  Oh yes, they got a free 3 points at Norwich last week. And I don’t trust calamity club Toon to do the decent thing either.  Fingers crossed for a bore draw then, 1-1.

Brentford v Liverpool, starry eyed dreams of a top club scalp come to nothing for the perky Bees. Business as usual for Big Jurgy 0-2.

Stoke will be eying three easy points at home to Hull.  Probably said this before, but if you ever journey back to the mother land, don’t go to Hull.  Here to help.  2-0  The dream is alive @Eoin

Sunday

Southampton v Wolves, er - well, um - maybe, er.  1-1?

Arsenal v Spurs - the north London derby.  They are six places apart but just 3 points, narrowing in recent weeks as their respective form has been transposed.  Just how good is either team? Who knows but the stakes are higher than usual for this game of great import. Tough to call so a splinters in the backside 1-1 it is.

Monday

Ooooh, hello - here we go; the A23 Derby,  El Gatwicko, ‘it’s not derby it’s a rivalry’ Palace v the filthy Seagulls.  The coastal upstarts besmirch the glorious utopia of (near) Croydon and what a time to arrive.  The hosts have had the tougher start by playing the league leaders three weeks on the bounce but showing spirit and flair. The media darlings have been caressed along at every turn.  A real barometer game for both sides as mid-table mediocrity is their shared stated aim.  Wilf will be fizzing for this, but (and I feel hollow to say this) a draw seem most likely. 2-2.

There you have my friends,  I am off to get some food out of that nice bin over there. 

All I can say is "I"m sorry".

I'm sorry I was busy moving my son from San Antonio to Denver in a UHaul truck this weekend and didn't even have time to respond to your post.  For the record, I would not have predicted the Man U debacle.

And mostly sorry for the heartbreak you must be feeling right now based on the A23 derby result.  I'm at the Denver airport and I came on here to congratulate you on a famous victory based on the lead in the 4th minute of stoppage time.  Before I could complete my post, I rechecked the score - you know, just to confirm the victory - and saw the disastrous result.

Fellow eggheads, @CPFC1905 needs our unconditional support right now.  I know @Eoin is there for him.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I write this, to you dear reader - from under the park bench which is now my home.  My spectacular inversion of forecasts and ill-fated decision to bet everything upon those outcomes sees me ‘exploring new approaches to life’.    

Unperturbed I go again.  Back stronger and there’s some stonking fixtures ….

Saturday

Chelsea v Man City - oooh, top of the table clash and Pep got done good and proper by Tommy T 3 times last season, including most ignominiously the CL Final. The lunchtime kick off will flatten those out a bit but a real tough one. The contrarian in me says 1-2 and the title race is fully on.

Man Utd v Villa - will the real Man Utd please stand up?  Misfits or genius’ (genii?) Anyway 3-1.

Everton v Norwich - the Canaries have been deployed to hazardous mine shaft called the Premier League.  Nothing here for them despite the Toffee’s hap hazard start to the season. 2-0

Leeds v West Ham - a hooligan classic of the 80’s (Google ICF and see for yourself) and a close match in store on the pitch.  Antonio back for the Hammers means a lot.  Sooner or later thought it’ll click for Leeds. 1-1.

Burnley v Leicester - by all accounts the Foxes should have beaten the filthy Seagulls last time but they didn’t - buffoons.   The Clarets are still looking for their first win and I just don’t see it here.  Maybe a draw but Brendan’s boys will be smarting so I’m going 0-1. 

Watford v Newcastle - what the heck are the rotten Hornets doing in 11th place?  Oh yes, they got a free 3 points at Norwich last week. And I don’t trust calamity club Toon to do the decent thing either.  Fingers crossed for a bore draw then, 1-1.

Brentford v Liverpool, starry eyed dreams of a top club scalp come to nothing for the perky Bees. Business as usual for Big Jurgy 0-2.

Stoke will be eying three easy points at home to Hull.  Probably said this before, but if you ever journey back to the mother land, don’t go to Hull.  Here to help.  2-0  The dream is alive @Eoin

Sunday

Southampton v Wolves, er - well, um - maybe, er.  1-1?

Arsenal v Spurs - the north London derby.  They are six places apart but just 3 points, narrowing in recent weeks as their respective form has been transposed.  Just how good is either team? Who knows but the stakes are higher than usual for this game of great import. Tough to call so a splinters in the backside 1-1 it is.

Monday

Ooooh, hello - here we go; the A23 Derby,  El Gatwicko, ‘it’s not derby it’s a rivalry’ Palace v the filthy Seagulls.  The coastal upstarts besmirch the glorious utopia of (near) Croydon and what a time to arrive.  The hosts have had the tougher start by playing the league leaders three weeks on the bounce but showing spirit and flair. The media darlings have been caressed along at every turn.  A real barometer game for both sides as mid-table mediocrity is their shared stated aim.  Wilf will be fizzing for this, but (and I feel hollow to say this) a draw seem most likely. 2-2.

There you have my friends,  I am off to get some food out of that nice bin over there. 

All I can say is "I"m sorry".

I'm sorry I was busy moving my son from San Antonio to Denver in a UHaul truck this weekend and didn't even have time to respond to your post.  For the record, I would not have predicted the Man U debacle.

And mostly sorry for the heartbreak you must be feeling right now based on the A23 derby result.  I'm at the Denver airport and I came on here to congratulate you on a famous victory based on the lead in the 4th minute of stoppage time.  Before I could complete my post, I rechecked the score - you know, just to confirm the victory - and saw the disastrous result.

Fellow eggheads, @CPFC1905 needs our unconditional support right now.  I know @Eoin is there for him.
    Ed always has my full support when he's in distress 🤣
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Man I tried to tell you that you were going to break something flipping people off so aggressively!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    "Honey, I need a hand here..."
    Options
    Gearing up for ESPN2 and the Manning brothers.  Great entertainment-game be da-ned.  Tonights guests, Lebron. Nick Saban, Matt Stafford and Chris long.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    poster said:
    One way to make a fishing trip better is to hunt on the way in. Surf and turf
    On my phone, this looked like the ultimate tailgating grill.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Gearing up for ESPN2 and the Manning brothers.  Great entertainment-game be da-ned.  Tonights guests, Lebron. Nick Saban, Matt Stafford and Chris long.
    Tuned into it for the first time this season. It’s 100% the best way to watch games. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TideEggHead
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Tuned into it for the first time this season. It’s 100% the best way to watch games. 
    I’m not huge on NFL but this is good stuff, very entertaining. I heard about it last week tuned in for the first time tonight too.
    LBGE
    AL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I am a not a No Fun League fan until the playoffs.  However, as posted above this is great entertainment independent of the game.
    Supposedly the brothers have agreed to do this for 10 of the 18 MNF games.  This is the third straight.  I have not cracked the code for the remaining seven but It will be required watching here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    @Foghorn @Eoin  
    losing would have been intolerable.  A draw would have been acceptable, but not in that fashion.  It’s such an emotional match I am mainly just pleased it’s done.  
    Eyes down now until the next international break when things will start to level out. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Sitting outside eating "lunch" weighing the pros and cons of a job offer I have in Texas, which I'm seriously considering...  1/3 the hours with same pay.

It would be a hell of a commute, (10 hours) but they are willing to let me knock all my shifts out in one block vs spreading them out evenly. Which ultimately means I'll be home more than i am now.
    Free room and board in apartment during work interval 

Yesterday I kinda had my fill with my co-workers. And told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Backstory - working on the upcoming schedules and was told well I don't need any holidays off because I don't have kids to spend it with like they need to and for me to ask is selfish ...
    At that point I was tired and already I'll from a bad shift.. and told them...so you're saying my parents, my girlfriend and her kid don't count for anything at all? I'm selfish for wanting to have our Christmas tradition of smoking a prime rib with my dad...? Or opening presents with someone I love when they're family is in town...They just kinda stared at me blankly...

Told them to get F#$&3d and walked out of the meeting. We're supposed to meet again this week.

And to be clear I wasn't even asking for an entire block off just either day before or day after ...but that's too much..

Takes alot to really get me really pissed off to the point i show my ass but that did it...

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    @DuckDogDr, same money and less hours? Hello Texas. The commute will suck, but you’ll get used to it. Being away from the significant other will be tough as well depending on how serious the relationship is. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Someones flagging finger must be getting tired by now.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    Decided on getting Lady BattleBorn a congratulations wine. Upgraded from the bottom shelf and went straight for the top. Skipped the middle shelf. Pretty proud of myself. 
    From 2 Buck Chuck to Opus One, way to go! Hopefully she appreciated the celebratory gesture
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @ColbyLang
    Based on what they're offering I would be looking at 90 hours vs 225 . Commute would suck.
    Unless something drastic happens my gf not going anywhere.  She's a keeper; we'll have been together 2 years this December. She tolerates all my hunting obsessions and crazy friends

Right now i barely see her anyway since we are short staffed and 2/3 of the co-workers I have suck and are lazy..
    14 -15 hour shift at work then ..I see her when she cooks me breakfast..I sleep 5-6 hours and then she gets me up..feeds me supper and I go back in for another 14-15 hours.
    That's our routine 3-4 days a week then I'm usually off 2-3 days and which we spend one of those days together at my place before I go back to the grind....

If things really are going to be how they're advertised I would actually get to see her a lot more in the mong run
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Why not take here with you and move to the new job? It might take a ring but you said that she’s a keeper. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Whenever I feel like I only have two choices I look for a third fwiw.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Who is the friggin nerd going around flagging every post? Every thread almost every post is flagged. I got flagged for talking about something I cooked on the Egg.....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Who is the friggin nerd going around flagging every post? Every thread almost every post is flagged. I got flagged for talking about something I cooked on the Egg.....
    Someone flagged you for talking about flagging people, and no, it wasn't me.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Assuming @The_Buffalo can see who the flaggot is…may be it’s his desperate attempt to get noticed and removed?
    canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I bet the flaggot is one of the leading personalities of the forum. Or at least one of their troll accounts. Possibly flagging their own posts.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I would like nothing more than @The_Buffalo to reveal whomever is doing all of the flagging. Or really just to change the Vanilla settings to restore the ability of everyone to be able to see who is flagging or disagreeing with them.  How about it, Rob?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited September 2021
    Options
    The buffalo doesn’t care about flags. Witness the moron who flags every single post by john or carey, regardless of subject. 

I say, have at it. Flag war!

maybe the buffalo will realize that without the flagger’s name being listed (like it used to be) it’s a useless option. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    why even have a flag option, if theres really a problem theres a report abuse button that goes straight to the buffalo. i know that works having reported myself before, its quick too
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Probably the most interesting thing to happen on this forum in a while.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.