Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

Did you miss me while the international break was happening.  I know you did, no need to flag.

Trying to get through this week’s forecast without dropping the C bomb is impossible - but the Autumn surge has started here, some players got arrested in Brazil for not isolating so can’t play this weekend and I hear consumption of horse pills has sky-rocketed in the US of A.  What other types of weirdness even exist?

Here we go then;

Saturday lunchtime;  Palace v Spurs. 3 from 3 for the visitors but injuries across the pitch mean a re-shuffle for Nuno. A weakened team offer a glimmer of hope to the ‘work in progress’ that is Palace 2021. But an early away goal will stifle all the fun and the Eagles knock on the door for 80 minutes but aren’t let in.  0-1.

Arsenal v Norwich; oh dear, of dear - if the Gunners hash this up then it’s curtains for Arteta - despite his gawjus hair.  You just would not bet against another implosion either, but defying that logic I am opting for 1-1 with neither side convincing anyone.

Brentford v Brighton; the filthy Seagulls finally behaved themselves and got done 0-2 last time out.  Brentford will eye this as an achievable scalp.  There will be goals and I hope they favour the west London lads, 2-1.

Leicester v Man City, normal service has resumed for Citeh and while the Foxes will put up a challenge they won’t have enough to earn the points. 1-2

Man Utd v Newcastle, for obscure financial and ego reasons Ronaldo has come back to Utd, meh.  Routine home win and much purring by the pundits at big Ronny’s thighs, hair, neck…. 3-0.

Southampton v West Ham, the ‘fans choice’ game - home team yet to win and visitors’ hot streak recently curtailed, this is a good match up I reckon. Hard fought 2-1 for Saints.

Watford v Wolves,  match of the golden kits. Despite two recent defeats I hope Wolves find their stride and trounce the hateful Hornets.  In fact I’ll take any way win score but 0-1 will suffice.

Chelsea v Aston Villa, Tommy T’s lads in blue are looking the full ticket this season and pushed Liverpool very, very close last time out.  Villas aren’t the force they thought they were last season now that fally-over man Grealish has left. Comfy home win 3-0

Sunday

Leeds v Liverpool, tasty affair on and off the pitch usually.  Not quite clicked for Yorkshire’s finest so far but they will run and run at the Reds.  Quality should count and nothing will be given up lightly. 1-2 - just.

Monday

Everton v Burnley, mundanity personified. Err, not bothered but a goal in it, so 1-0 the Toffees?

In other news the 5th Test between England and India has been cancelled because of Covid.  D’oh, said the C word in the last line. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    CPFC1905 said:

Did you miss me while the international break was happening.  I know you did, no need to flag.

Trying to get through this week’s forecast without dropping the C bomb is impossible - but the Autumn surge has started here, some players got arrested in Brazil for not isolating so can’t play this weekend and I hear consumption of horse pills has sky-rocketed in the US of A.  What other types of weirdness even exist?

Here we go then;

Saturday lunchtime;  Palace v Spurs. 3 from 3 for the visitors but injuries across the pitch mean a re-shuffle for Nuno. A weakened team offer a glimmer of hope to the ‘work in progress’ that is Palace 2021. But an early away goal will stifle all the fun and the Eagles knock on the door for 80 minutes but aren’t let in.  0-1.

Arsenal v Norwich; oh dear, of dear - if the Gunners hash this up then it’s curtains for Arteta - despite his gawjus hair.  You just would not bet against another implosion either, but defying that logic I am opting for 1-1 with neither side convincing anyone.

Brentford v Brighton; the filthy Seagulls finally behaved themselves and got done 0-2 last time out.  Brentford will eye this as an achievable scalp.  There will be goals and I hope they favour the west London lads, 2-1.

Leicester v Man City, normal service has resumed for Citeh and while the Foxes will put up a challenge they won’t have enough to earn the points. 1-2

Man Utd v Newcastle, for obscure financial and ego reasons Ronaldo has come back to Utd, meh.  Routine home win and much purring by the pundits at big Ronny’s thighs, hair, neck…. 3-0.

Southampton v West Ham, the ‘fans choice’ game - home team yet to win and visitors’ hot streak recently curtailed, this is a good match up I reckon. Hard fought 2-1 for Saints.

Watford v Wolves,  match of the golden kits. Despite two recent defeats I hope Wolves find their stride and trounce the hateful Hornets.  In fact I’ll take any way win score but 0-1 will suffice.

Chelsea v Aston Villa, Tommy T’s lads in blue are looking the full ticket this season and pushed Liverpool very, very close last time out.  Villas aren’t the force they thought they were last season now that fally-over man Grealish has left. Comfy home win 3-0

Sunday

Leeds v Liverpool, tasty affair on and off the pitch usually.  Not quite clicked for Yorkshire’s finest so far but they will run and run at the Reds.  Quality should count and nothing will be given up lightly. 1-2 - just.

Monday

Everton v Burnley, mundanity personified. Err, not bothered but a goal in it, so 1-0 the Toffees?

In other news the 5th Test between England and India has been cancelled because of Covid.  D’oh, said the C word in the last line. 

Lovely predictions as always.  I find irony in the fact that the game whose outcome most intrigues me is also one I don't really care to watch - Arsenal v Norwich.

And I think you were dreaming when you predicted a loss for the filthy seagulls.  Just because it's plausible and you care so much I'll predict a 1-1 draw for that match - although a Brighton victory seems equally likely.

Thanks for posting that.  I look forward to it every Friday. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Looking forward to Raducanu v Fernandez tomorrow 🎾
    canuckland
  • Looking forward to Raducanu v Fernandez tomorrow 🎾
    Canu even tennis?

Go Fernandez!!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    ^^^ could have been all Canuck  ;) 
    canuckland
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:

Here we go then;

Sunday

Monday

No mention of the near the top of the table clash in the Championship as Stoke host Huddersfield.
  • Foghorn
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Here we go then;

Sunday

Monday

No mention of the near the top of the table clash in the Championship as Stoke host Huddersfield.
    I can't believe that I missed that he's slacking this week.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    Foghorn said:
    Eoin said:

Yep, busted.  I did forget. And I even looked up the match, saw it was a faded PL glory face off and had the Potters down for a closely fought 2-1 in front of a fervent full house.   
    My apologies @Eoin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Packing the truck. N bound for the final work weekend on the deer lease. Planting food plots, filling feeders and drinking beer. Should be a terrible time…..
  • Looking forward to Raducanu v Fernandez tomorrow 🎾
    Canu even tennis?

Go Fernandez!!
    That young woman hasn’t lost a single set the entire Open.  I’m a Fernandez fan and hope she wins but Raducanu is playing like a force of nature.  Looking forward to the match, for sure.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Watching the last US Open men’s semifinal.  5th set.  Heckofa match.
  • Watching office space, haven’t seen it in probably 10 years.  I’ll be prepped to hit all my coworkers with some classic one liners like a case of the Monday’s.
  • Eoin
    Watching office space, haven’t seen it in probably 10 years.  I’ll be prepped to hit all my coworkers with some classic one liners like a case of the Monday’s.
    Always worth a re-watch.
  • Foghorn
    Congratulating @CPFC1905 on his team’s famous victory over the perennial pretenders that are Tottenham.  

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Foghorn said:
    Congratulating @CPFC1905 on his team’s famous victory over the perennial pretenders that are Tottenham.  
    The wheels have come off early for Spurs this season.
  • CPFC1905
    Eoin said:
    Foghorn said:
    The wheels have come off early for Spurs this season.
    Absolute scenes!   Creative midfielder, natural born finisher - unheard of!

A special mention to Agent Southgate being true to his roots by keeping Sir Harry of Kane on the pitch for as long as possible during the international break. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Home opener today. People are already tailgating ~9 hours before kickoff. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• @ColtsFan - Gameday in town here and place is crazy.  I’m avoiding the campus area until tomorrow.  Meanwhile, going to watch the Buckeyes go on a duck hunt.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    Eoin said:

Yep, busted.  I did forget. And I even looked up the match, saw it was a faded PL glory face off and had the Potters down for a closely fought 2-1 in front of a fervent full house.   
    My apologies @Eoin
    @Eoin  what did I tell you? 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    @ColtsFan - Gameday in town here and place is crazy.  I’m avoiding the campus area until tomorrow.  Meanwhile, going to watch the Buckeyes go on a duck hunt.
    That was an ugly first half. Hopefully they make the adjustments during the half. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    @ColtsFan - Gameday in town here and place is crazy.  I’m avoiding the campus area until tomorrow.  Meanwhile, going to watch the Buckeyes go on a duck hunt.
    That was an ugly first half. Hopefully they make the adjustments during the half. 
    Nope 😎
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• @ColtsFan - Gameday in town here and place is crazy.  I’m avoiding the campus area until tomorrow.  Meanwhile, going to watch the Buckeyes go on a duck hunt.
    I’m ready for a new D coordinator
  • Eoin
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    Eoin said:

My apologies @Eoin
    @Eoin  what did I tell you? 
    The Predictor.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    FarmingPhD said:
    Meanwhile, going to watch the Buckeyes go on a duck hunt.
    Its not duck hunting when the ducks are the ones with the guns. I think they call that Buckeye blasting 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Watching the US Open Women’s final.  Great stuff so far.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    2BAMBAM4 said:
    cranking out some chicken hatch chili tamale pie
    For anything tamale:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.