Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    So was it the transfer case or the transmission? I watch these folks on Youtube, just to see the messed up builds they get to deal with. They get transmissions from lots of states to work on. https://www.youtube.com/c/PrecisionTransmission
    Most likely the transfer case. They weren’t able to fully get into it today before we left, but the service guy said they were able to drive it into the bay this morning, which it wouldn’t do yesterday. When they switched it into 4 high the engine revved pretty high. I know absolutely nothing about cars. I will take a look at the YT link. Thank you. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    Eoin said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Foghorn said:

Home of the World Famous Horizontal Waterfalls
    Usually only found on the equator.
    How's it going? Not seen you for a while now.
    Busy, but good.  Been struggling to find balance, so BBQ he as been sidelined for a while.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Should I? Oh I think i should.

I'm late to the ballgame here, but that's not the beef plate ribs used by Franklin (etc). That's just the bones that are attached to the Ribeye steak after they cut them off. I used to buy these at Publix for a couple bucks - they couldn't give them away. Now people snatch them up b/c they confuse them with short ribs and the price has been gradually increasing.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Absolutely you should. A lot of folks seem to bash back ribs. I myself don’t get it. If you like ribeye you like back ribs. 
    The Piggly Wiggly in Wiggins gets a ton of them in weekly. I like to grab 4-5 racks of them because there ain’t a lot of meat on them. But what meat is there is fantastic. At one time they was one of the cheapest meats you could buy. I was glad to take full advantage of that 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:

I'm late to the ballgame here, but that's not the beef plate ribs used by Franklin (etc). That's just the bones that are attached to the Ribeye steak after they cut them off. I used to buy these at Publix for a couple bucks - they couldn't give them away. Now people snatch them up b/c they confuse them with short ribs and the price has been gradually increasing.
    I know these aren't plate ribs. But for $5 I couldn't pass them up. They were decent but not a lot of meat. Would I buy again? Ehh probably not.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Not around as much as I use too…..but glad I stopped in. Ha! Good to hear from you. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Beef ribs of any cut beat their pork cousins every time.  Good back ribs (with little to no shiners) are premium as noted by @SGH.  Off to Costco tomorrow but given I have never seen them there I am not anticipating finding any.  
    Thanks for the alert.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    He is an absolute stud. So fun to watch talent and class like this.
    Snellville, GA

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Fighting supply chain interruptions from the chaos Hurricane Ida unleashed on us here in Louisiana. Trying to help friends and family in need down south. It’s been a helluva week 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Agreed.  And he's shattering so many "rules" of the game.  Pitchers shouldn't be expected to hit, protecting arms with pitch counts, etc.  It's refreshing.  Great for the game.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Not around as much as I use too…..but glad I stopped in. Ha! Good to hear from you. 

Thanks man.  Missed you crazy mofo's and I'm ready to jump back in the water, lol.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

The Thayer Difference - Thayer Auto Group - Bowling Green

Welcome back bud!

Thanks man.  How you been?!
    Steve 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    We went to Anaheim to watch the Astros his rookie year. I was disappointed that Trout wasn’t playing that night, but he put on a show. Amazing to see how much better he has gotten. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    We went to Anaheim to watch the Astros his rookie year. I was disappointed that Trout wasn’t playing that night, but he put on a show. Amazing to see how much better he has gotten. 
    He continues to improve for sure. He has done a much better job taking walks and not chasing outside the strike zone. I hope he can continue to stay healthy with that elbow. 
    Snellville, GA

• SGH
    Options
    Fellows I just got a text at 9:30pm. Thought this was kind of strange. We had a good bit of rain here but no worse than a typical August thunderstorm. 
    By all means, share your thoughts.  

CVS Vaccine: We've canceled your appointment due to an urgent matter impacting your pharmacy. Tap to reschedule: e.cvs.com/covid

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    There isn't any thread to drop this so this one wins. What follows is a youtube of the most electrifying baseball player to come along in over one hundred years.  (Babe Ruth acknowledged and the game has evolved).
    Shohei Ohtani: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbEbwDlpmAI
    BTW pitching record 8-1
    Smashed 42 home runs so far.
    You should watch him live while you can.  You aren't gonna see a player like this again for several decades.
    Thank me when he's gone.
    Edit: cleaned up some sentence screw-ups.
    He is absolutely electric.  Watching him now that he is healthy is fun.  Watching the Angels waste two generational talents is not fun.  Would love to see Trout and Ohtani in the playoffs, but I doubt we ever will.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    There isn't any thread to drop this so this one wins. What follows is a youtube of the most electrifying baseball player to come along in over one hundred years.  (Babe Ruth acknowledged and the game has evolved).
    Shohei Ohtani: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbEbwDlpmAI
    BTW pitching record 8-1
    Smashed 42 home runs so far.
    You should watch him live while you can.  You aren't gonna see a player like this again for several decades.
    Thank me when he's gone.
    Edit: cleaned up some sentence screw-ups.
    He is absolutely electric.  Watching him now that he is healthy is fun.  Watching the Angels waste two generational talents is not fun.  Would love to see Trout and Ohtani in the playoffs, but I doubt we ever will.
    Ohtani brings in money and fans for the Angels but if they were smart they'd trade him away after next season. Trouts contract may look small compared to what Ohtani is going to get in free agency if he can stay healthy. No way the Angels can afford two of those monster type contracts. Look what the Albert Pujols contract did for the Angels. They couldn't afford to bring in anyone else with Trouts and Pujols contracts. They'd be smart to move Ohtani when he's healthy and in his prime for the good of the organization. I just don't see the Angels going anywhere in the next two season. Why not try to bring in some top farm prospect from a team who will be cheap for 5 years to go with Trouts contract. Just my two cents....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,747
    Options
    somehow these turn into 25/30 bucks by the time they reach newengland and there would be a few shiners showing

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Our congregation at our church is small. We average around 20-25 people a week. It turns out one of the members is a 3x BMX gold medal winner at the X-Games. He put on a couple shows last night at our church event. Crazy what one can do when they put their mind to it. 

https://youtu.be/iXCY7Bb50mI
    That is amazing!  What a cool opportunity to see in person.
  • SGH
    Options
    Bought a carbon steel Detroit pizza pan. It probably don’t do anything that my aluminum pan don’t do. But the snob in me has to see. 
    Picked up some of their dough mix and pan grippers as well as lid for the pan. I thought why not. 

Status- Standing by.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Reveling in my "better to be lucky than good" fortune.  Within the past week my far afield sources have delivered to me two bottles of EH Taylor Small Batch.  I also managed to score one EH Taylor and a single bottle of Blanton's.  The most bourbon dense week I can recall. I have never had such an infusion.
    Pacing is the watchword as lightening may never strike like this again.
    Stay healthy and safe out there.

Just remember, there’s no reason to pace yourself if you’ve got enough friends around to help you finish the bottle. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    My Ma was out walking with her sister at Portland head light a couple days back and saw one of the new stealth destroyers on her maiden voyage from Bath iron works. Took a cool photo-

I thought this photo was fantastic. Then I spotted the boat. Wow. Quite the shot!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    LCS?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.