Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited August 2021
    Options
    wardo said:
    Anyone have any experience with these?  Been thinking about pulling the trigger on one.

Paging @caliking

when I wanted one they wouldn’t ship to GWN, discovered recently that they now ship here with $0 shipping. Too late, I now have a Biolite firepit and happy with it.
    canuckland
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    wardo said:
    Anyone have any experience with these?  Been thinking about pulling the trigger on one.

I have one.  It's nice for burning stuff and setting an ambience.  It doesn't give off a lot of radiant heat.  So if you are looking for something just to sit around to have a fire, it's great.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    wardo said:

I want one of those so badly, I can taste it!  But, I live in an apartment and probably wouldn't use it much.  I have read and studied and will have one as soon as I am someplace I could use it more than once in a while.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I do not know which Michelin tire my Uncle had but he ran his original set of Michelin tires on his Honda Pilot for just over 100k.  They were bald-ish at the end, but the timing allowed him to finish this run in the summer months in Michigan.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    For the F350 DRW I used to have, I loved the Michelin Defenders!  Awesome!  I did not have the privilege to test longevity - wouldn't have been great towing an 18k trailer for thousands of miles.  Can't rotate them either.  Well you can but its costly.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @kl8ton you sold the stolen 350?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    Options
    @kl8ton you sold the stolen 350?
    Yes.  Had I known what the truck market around here was going to do,  I'd sell it now! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I hear that, had I know I would have been sitting on a pile of used trucks waiting to double my money.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    wardo said:

I considered this earlier this spring. After reading lots of reviews I ended up buying a Breeo instead.  The Breeo is a lot sturdier.  I don't move mine around, so if you want something to move in and out a location and shouldn't be rained on, Solo might be better.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Browsing new TV’s for the living room. 75”. Huge upgrade over the 10 year old 50” in there now. Soooo many different options. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    I hear that, had I know I would have been sitting on a pile of used trucks waiting to double my money.
    While I was at the Subaru dealer last week, they tried to give me close to 10k for my  2005 Silverado. I’m keeping the truck but it was tempting. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Browsing new TV’s for the living room. 75”. Huge upgrade over the 10 year old 50” in there now. Soooo many different options. 
    Check out this site. Lots of technical data to help decide 
    https://www.rtings.com/tv
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Kitten for the kids. Diluted torti
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Check out this site. Lots of technical data to help decide 
    https://www.rtings.com/tv
    @ColtsFan - there may be some info of value in the below thread from last fall.  FWIW-

Re: OT: TV selection help

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Lit said:

Nickname Ronald??
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Lit
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Lit said:

Nickname Ronald??
    Didnt catch that?
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Lit said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Lit said:

Is that for your wife??
    Didnt catch that?
    Clear to me.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Lit said:

Is that for your wife??
    Didnt catch that?
    Clear to me.
    But you are dumb AF so probably wrong
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Lit said:

Is that for your wife??
    Didnt catch that?
    Clear to me.
    1. A bad try at a Ronald (the)Ragun joke (use your hooked on phonics to sound it out or get one of the kids to help)

I am still wondering if that is for your wife.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just went down the Crowd Cow Japanese A-5 rib eye steak rabbit hole one more time. I've never done crack but this could be a serious wallet drain.  I just finished a buy from last April (Small portions is the way to go) tonight so, time for a reload.
    Have a few cocktails, make it to old age and realize the present is where it's at!
    13oz A5 Wagyu Ribeye Steak - Miyazaki Gyu Farm
    The challenge-they show up as 1/2" steaks.  I have gotten past that.  
    I just do not see how that could be bad...looking forward to the presentation that you always provide. Enjoy!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Lit said:

Is that for your wife??
    Didnt catch that?
    Clear to me.
    1. A bad try at a Ronald (the)Ragun joke (use your hooked on phonics to sound it out or get one of the kids to help)

That wasn't my bad joke. Guess I'm old enough to remember Woodstock way back in 1969. That was a reference to the dedication by Jeff Shurleff accompanied by Joan Baez, of the song "Drug Store Truck Drivin' Man" to Ronald Regan.  Shurleff referred to Mr. Reagan as "Ronald Ray-Gun ... Zap!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just went down the Crowd Cow Japanese A-5 rib eye steak rabbit hole one more time. I've never done crack but this could be a serious wallet drain.  I just finished a buy from last April (Small portions is the way to go) tonight so, time for a reload.
    Have a few cocktails, make it to old age and realize the present is where it's at!
    13oz A5 Wagyu Ribeye Steak - Miyazaki Gyu Farm
    The challenge-they show up as 1/2" steaks.  I have gotten past that.  
    Looks beautiful. Like half beef and half butter. 😋

Perhaps you haven’t heard, but 1/2” steaks are apparently where it’s at. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - If I use upside rounding math (aka trust me this is 6" or 15+cm's) this steak may make it to the 3/4" mark and no longer qualify.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Lit said:

Is that for your wife??
    Didnt catch that?
    Clear to me.

Sorry all that was a little before my time. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    PSA: (literally for a-holes)....woot.com has a great sale on bidets.  
    Eoin said:
    I bought this a while ago as a project car that ended up needing quite a lot more work than expected. It was cheap, and it's a genuine 2003 John Cooper Works supercharged Cooper S, so getting quite collectable now. Work done: crank pulley / belt, T-MAP sensor, both door locking modules, tailgate (from a breaker), fuel filler cap (also from a breaker), some trim parts, coolant header tank, powder coating for the wheels (with new non-runflat tyres) and refinishing the headlamp covers. It stands me about £3.5 now (ignoring time spent, of course).

Very cool. My only question is: why wasn’t this posted in the Exotics thread?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I bought this a while ago as a project car that ended up needing quite a lot more work than expected. It was cheap, and it's a genuine 2003 John Cooper Works supercharged Cooper S, so getting quite collectable now. Work done: crank pulley / belt, T-MAP sensor, both door locking modules, tailgate (from a breaker), fuel filler cap (also from a breaker), some trim parts, coolant header tank, powder coating for the wheels (with new non-runflat tyres) and refinishing the headlamp covers. It stands me about £3.5 now (ignoring time spent, of course).

Very cool. My only question is: why wasn’t this posted in the Exotics thread?
    I thought about it! Minis are everywhere here, these old Gen 1 BMW Minis seem to last really well, so not really exotic enough, even if the original JCW is quite rare and going up in price now.