Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Eoin said:

I thought about it! Minis are everywhere here, these old Gen 1 BMW Minis seem to last really well, so not really exotic enough, even if the original JCW is quite rare and going up in price now.
    Nice work.  Piston Heads will guide your decision about keep or sell.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

I thought about it! Minis are everywhere here, these old Gen 1 BMW Minis seem to last really well, so not really exotic enough, even if the original JCW is quite rare and going up in price now.
    Good call. I don't really go on PH much, but probably worth keeping an eye on the classifieds.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Good call. I don't really go on PH much, but probably worth keeping an eye on the classifieds.
    Some how I signed up for the PH Newsletter.  It's become compulsory reading. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    I bought this a while ago as a project car that ended up needing quite a lot more work than expected. It was cheap, and it's a genuine 2003 John Cooper Works supercharged Cooper S, so getting quite collectable now. Work done: crank pulley / belt, T-MAP sensor, both door locking modules, tailgate (from a breaker), fuel filler cap (also from a breaker), some trim parts, coolant header tank, powder coating for the wheels (with new non-runflat tyres) and refinishing the headlamp covers. It stands me about £3.5 now (ignoring time spent, of course).

Very cool. My only question is: why wasn’t this posted in the Exotics thread?
    I’d love a little fun car to tinker with. Something like a fox body Mustang could be a hoot if I had the time for it. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Early Xmas present for the Buffalo?
    Greensboro, NC
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Eoin
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    I bought this a while ago as a project car that ended up needing quite a lot more work than expected. It was cheap, and it's a genuine 2003 John Cooper Works supercharged Cooper S, so getting quite collectable now. Work done: crank pulley / belt, T-MAP sensor, both door locking modules, tailgate (from a breaker), fuel filler cap (also from a breaker), some trim parts, coolant header tank, powder coating for the wheels (with new non-runflat tyres) and refinishing the headlamp covers. It stands me about £3.5 now (ignoring time spent, of course).

I’d love a little fun car to tinker with. Something like a fox body Mustang could be a hoot if I had the time for it. 
    To be honest, I have too much crap to tinker with and I'm trying to cut down. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @Eoin - You are just moving forward on life's calendar.  Eventually you will arrive at two notable enlightenment places; when it's "Time to say When" as that is the first gate.  Then once you embrace that life-style you realize "It is time to simplify my life." 
    That's all I've got tonight.  See ya 8/27, live and in colour!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    75” LG Nano Cell @ Costco. Free 5 year warranty. Couldn’t pass it up 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    lousubcap said:
    @Eoin - You are just moving forward on life's calendar.  Eventually you will arrive at two notable enlightenment places; when it's "Time to say When" as that is the first gate.  Then once you embrace that life-style you realize "It is time to simplify my life." 
    I think I've reached a point between those two.  I want to get a "rent-a-dumpster" in my driveway, and dump half of my belongings into it.  Haul it away.  I may even be able to run my vacuum in a couple more areas.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

To be honest, I have too much crap to tinker with and I'm trying to cut down. 
    Have you ever heard of this guy called NOLA?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    edited August 2021
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    I think I've reached a point between those two.  I want to get a "rent-a-dumpster" in my driveway, and dump half of my belongings into it.  Haul it away.  I may even be able to run my vacuum in a couple more areas.  
    Not at a dumpster yet but I took a truck bed worth over to Goodwill this afternoon. I also sold a Hobart meat slicer, an oven, laptop, and have a few other items posted within the last week. Garbage came yesterday and already have a load ready for next week. It feels good moving stuff that doesn't see much use or donating to someone who will use it. I'd have another truck bed or two if I had it my way. I guess my wife wants to go through her things and not me.  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    ColbyLang said:
    75” LG Nano Cell @ Costco. Free 5 year warranty. Couldn’t pass it up 

5 minutes after set up, already on Disney Jr. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Sam’s had these back in stock for $99, I think they had them cheaper earlier this year and sold out of them. I’m in on the cheap end to use for camping, on the deck, and for kids ball games.

• Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    1-800-Got-Junk they help you load up and haul it off. 
    Wife already had them over this month. They will be back next month after we have sorting things. 
  • Eoin
    Took the plunge with a robot mower.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    Sam’s had these back in stock for $99, I think they had them cheaper earlier this year and sold out of them. I’m in on the cheap end to use for camping, on the deck, and for kids ball games.

you will love that thing !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Eoin
    The Mini felt a bit squirrelly under power, so I got the tracking checked out. It needed sorting.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Eoin said:

Cool, I'd be way too afraid of someone stealing that. Plus my yard is not completely flat and I've heard those things can have issues with hills.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    Broke down and went total fanboy. Also, looks like I need to go buy a duster because this table is gross. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    shtgunal3 said:

Looks kind of similar to what I got. I use one of them with smart plug to maintain a low usage van's battery, no more flat battery.

canuckland
  • Eoin
    Eoin said:

Cool, I'd be way too afraid of someone stealing that. Plus my yard is not completely flat and I've heard those things can have issues with hills.
    You can get 4wd versions for steep hills, this will do slopes, but ours is all flat.

It has an audible theft alarm as well as a geo-fence, which creates an alarm and means it won't work out if area. If you don't have the passcode, it's not useable and can be located whenever it's turned on.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    bleeding frogs

Yakima Bait 952-BFR Flatfish Wiggling Plug F-4 1-12 Treble Hooks Bleeding Frog Floating

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    Eoin said:

Eoin said:

i would need a bush cutter mounted in front and maybe a 3 foot tall red flag on top to find it in my tiny 0.1 acre yard
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    kl8ton said:
    Broke down and went total fanboy. Also, looks like I need to go buy a duster because this table is gross. 

They match your pumpkin spice latte just fine.
    Transformation is taking shape. Went on a run this morning and realized I couldn’t listen to anything because this damn phone doesn’t have a headphone jack. 3 miles with nothing but my thoughts to listen to can be a scary place. 

It was a cold brew with pumpkin spice cold foam, BTW, and it was heavenly. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    kl8ton said:

Transformation is taking shape. Went on a run this morning and realized I couldn’t listen to anything because this damn phone doesn’t have a headphone jack. 3 miles with nothing but my thoughts to listen to can be a scary place. 

I know what you mean....I'm living rent-free in my own head and I would drive myself crazy if I didn't have distractions.

In other news, I find pumpkin spice a vile curse on humanity, but I can't fault anyone for taste.

Be sure to post your Uggs!….

My wife actually got Uggs as yet another pair of winter boots last year and wears them barefoot, even in extreme cold. You are apparently supposed to.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

You can get 4wd versions for steep hills, this will do slopes, but ours is all flat.

It has an audible theft alarm as well as a geo-fence, which creates an alarm and means it won't work out if area. If you don't have the passcode, it's not useable and can be located whenever it's turned on.
    You mean to say they *predicted* an expensive tool that runs unattended outside has a potential for theft?!  And then, what?!....they mitigated that through some engineering?  Who saw that coming, really!?

Also, it does hills?  I've never heard of manicured grass on hills!  (note: New Orleans guy here and terrain is as flat as Gwyneth Paltrow).

</sarcazm>