Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    The 80k rated Michelin defenders on my wife’s traverse only made it to 78k before replacement wear….. I rolled the dice and put on another set.  

As Nola mentioned, a lot of different grades within brands.  My F-150 has those stupid Goodyear wranglers, but they are wearing really well, I’ll replace them with something different when they wear out but were still at ~80% tread @ 45k miles so hard to really hate them that much.  I know more about ag tires than automotive, so here ands the level of my contribution to the tire discussion. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Where does all the fahking rubber go? All the cars In the world, all the tires. Into the atmosphere? Are we breathing it? Walk a road side is there 12” of rubber detritus piled up like you would assume? Pick the busiest highway you can think of, where’s all the rubber?   Did you know almost all the noise you hear on a highway or road is actually tire noise?  Google tire fire.  Electric cars and on and on, what about the tire? None of you brainiacs can come up with a better solution? @forumruiner? The same tire on a 1921 model t Ford meets the road as a 2021 McLaren?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,324
    Options
    Tires are actually a major component of automotive particulate emissions. They get ground up on the road and the particles hang in the air for a while.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,041
    Options
    Where does all the fahking rubber go? All the cars In the world, all the tires. Into the atmosphere? Are we breathing it? Walk a road side is there 12” of rubber detritus piled up like you would assume? Pick the busiest highway you can think of, where’s all the rubber?   Did you know almost all the noise you hear on a highway or road is actually tire noise?  Google tire fire.  Electric cars and on and on, what about the tire? None of you brainiacs can come up with a better solution? @forumruiner? The same tire on a 1921 model t Ford meets the road as a 2021 McLaren?
    All I’ll say is that I’ve done research for Michelin.  They are a serious company that does real research, and they have exceptional engineers working for them.

I only put Michelin tires on my car.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Where does all the fahking rubber go? 
    Answer: Go to a home Georgia Tech football game.  Buy a Sprite in one of those stadium cups.  Drink the Sprite. When down to a few ounces, look at the remainder of your drink - there it is.  Solved. 

Edit - this experiment has the best results when sitting in the upper East section of the stadium. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options

you can grow potatoes in them, had a neighbor that grew them in stacks of tires in the front yard. paint them white in the summer months so the potatoes dont cook
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Went for a bottle of Elijah, came home with tres búfalos...

Nice, we brought a bottle home from Washington - $26 at a small grocery in Forks!  It’s over $40 here.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,457
    Options
    Drank a couple of pours off of a Russel’s Reserve 13 year old bottle last Friday. Retail is $79. Secondary market online is $650-700 a bottle….
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Drank a couple of pours off of a Russel’s Reserve 13 year old bottle last Friday. Retail is $79. Secondary market online is $650-700 a bottle….
    Never tried that one. I’m a big fan of the 10 year single barrel. I can find it easily for $60-$65. How does the 13 compare?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,098
    Options
    All in, $103. for those three.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Never tried that one. I’m a big fan of the 10 year single barrel. I can find it easily for $60-$65. How does the 13 compare?
    It’s great, it’s not $700 great. Very smooth. Very good flavor.

That’s like folks paying $120 for Blanton’s. Nope, not me. I did pay $150 for a bottle of Old Carter #5 though
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,485
    Options
    @dbCooper - Better to be lucky than good for sure.  Great score.
    I have not been able to get my hands on ANY Buffalo Trace produced bourbon for at least 6 weeks.  I am 58 miles from the distillery.  Here comes my whine list in what is my escalating degree of difficulty in finding: Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Weller's, Blanton's and E.H. Taylor Small Batch.   
    In that time I have been to northern VA and eastern MD- again with no luck.  
    Enjoy as I know you will.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    @lousubcap, I’m greatly privileged to have a neighbor and good friend who is a brown water collector and drinker. I’ve tasted things I could never hope to drink…

that being said, my bar is on point now: Blanton’s, Weller 12, Eagle Rare, Old Carter and Michter’s 10 year old now grace my shelves. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,485
    Options
    @ColbyLang- great friend.  Once again, better to be lucky than good!  Maximize the opportunities! 
    Fortunately I do have some of all I mentioned and a few other unicorns but the lack of availability does pace my consumptions of the real high enders.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @dbCooper - Better to be lucky than good for sure.  Great score.
    I have not been able to get my hands on ANY Buffalo Trace produced bourbon for at least 6 weeks.  I am 58 miles from the distillery.  Here comes my whine list in what is my escalating degree of difficulty in finding: Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Weller's, Blanton's and E.H. Taylor Small Batch.   
    In that time I have been to northern VA and eastern MD- again with no luck.  
    Enjoy as I know you will.  

thats odd with the bufalo trace, nh liquor shows 66 bottles in stock at the store down the street and almost 800 in the state
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options

Snellville, GA

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Some new flops.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited August 2021
    Options
    An endoscope, because it was $35 on Amazon. 

It seems to have decent picture quality for the price. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    More endoscope pictures. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Nice mangina @DMW
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    Options
    Nice mangina @DMW
    Thanks. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    Options
    DMW said:

Back in '92-'95, we had a similar instrument in Minuteman maintenance, called a "borescope".  I don't recall the price, but we had to sign special paperwork to check it out, to peer into the junction between a Minuteman's 1st and second stages in the silo (and it didn't work very well).  It plugged into a heavy, b-n-w equipment box the size of a large suitcase.  
    Tech advancement is Amazing.  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• DMW
    Options
    Botch said:
    DMW said:

Back in '92-'95, we had a similar instrument in Minuteman maintenance, called a "borescope".  I don't recall the price, but we had to sign special paperwork to check it out, to peer into the junction between a Minuteman's 1st and second stages in the silo (and it didn't work very well).  It plugged into a heavy, b-n-w equipment box the size of a large suitcase.  
    Tech advancement is Amazing.  
    One of the reasons I bought this was to check drains (sink, tub, etc get your minds out of the gutter) for clogs. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Speaking of scopes, I ordered this digital microscope from Amazon warehouse deals.  I should get it any day now.  I paid around half the price.

Options
    Menards trip resulted in more foldable saw horses. They were on sale. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Menards trip resulted in more foldable saw horses. They were on sale. 

Nice.  How much?   I bought these a couple /few months ago.

"1300 lb. Capacity Steel Sawhorse" https://www.harborfreight.com/1300-lb-capacity-steel-sawhorse-57807.html
    Options
    $25/each normally $35 @nolaegghead
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    Options
    Anyone have any experience with these?  Been thinking about pulling the trigger on one.

NC - LBGE