Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    WeberWho said:

GT3. I didn't even realize it was behind me. Looked to be 100% stock. 
    Very cool. I saw one earlier this week as well, but I was too slow to snap a pic (or perhaps it was just too quick for me).
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    I need to move and get out more.  Great sightings.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    WeberWho said:

GT3. I didn't even realize it was behind me. Looked to be 100% stock. 
    Very cool. I saw one earlier this week as well, but I was too slow to snap a pic (or perhaps it was just too quick for me).
    This one was very stealth. The couple other GT2 Porches I've seen had loud colors, bigger wings, and custom exhausts. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I saw a Ferrari F8 Spider yesterday with a crazy, colorful wrap. It was going the other direction, so I couldn't get a pic.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    I was really hoping these two were going to catch a red light together. Especially with the Roadrunners license plate. Unfortunately it didn't happen. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I was really hoping these two were going to catch a red light together. Especially with the Roadrunners license plate. Unfortunately it didn't happen. 

The Chevy is prettier, but I don’t see it beating the Mopar. 383 probably or maybe a 440.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
     The Chevy is prettier, but I don’t see it beating the Mopar. 383 probably or maybe a 440.
    I think the Impala had a couple glass packs. It had a nice mellow rumble and probably set up more for cruising. The Impala had no interest in the Roadrunner when side by side. The Roadrunner switched in and out of lanes to catch up to the Impala. Once the Roadrunner caught up you could tell the Roadrunner kept trying to get the Impala to put the hammer down. I noticed the owner of the Impala had a baby seat in the backseat when passing it. I don't think it would have took the bait even without the baby seat. You could hear the Roadrunner at the stoplight with a custom cam. I don't think the Impala would have stood much of a chance but still neat to see a couple classics next to one another for a couple blocks. 

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    Options
    Looks like the hard top roofs on the new Broncos are junk. Additionally the soft top version is rubbing the paint off the roll bars. Also I just found out the manual tranny will only be used with the smaller engine.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I called the local dealer and they said they would have them in regular stock by October... with 200,000 on pre order I don't see it.  I don't follow the marketing plan, get everyone excited, delay production for years, allow preorders of all different trims and combinations that they not be able to efficiently fill.  Apparently Ford is following Musks lead in hype but no follow though.  
      Wife says just order one, I must be old fashioned because I like to drive something before buying.  There is a 4 door sasquatch soft top at the local dealer I might drive next week.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I called the local dealer and they said they would have them in regular stock by October... with 200,000 on pre order I don't see it.  I don't follow the marketing plan, get everyone excited, delay production for years, allow preorders of all different trims and combinations that they not be able to efficiently fill.  Apparently Ford is following Musks lead in hype but no follow though.  
      Wife says just order one, I must be old fashioned because I like to drive something before buying.  There is a 4 door sasquatch soft top at the local dealer I might drive next week.
    Honestly I'd wait man. Let the hype wear off, let them get through a couple model years and get all the kinks out.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Honestly I'd wait man. Let the hype wear off, let them get through a couple model years and get all the kinks out.
     I don’t typically do anything in a hurry but my current run around town car is at the point of replacement. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    Options
    Looks like the hard top roofs on the new Broncos are junk. Additionally the soft top version is rubbing the paint off the roll bars. Also I just found out the manual tranny will only be used with the smaller engine.
    I was kind of bummed when I heard the manual only came in the smaller engine but I can appreciate that it's still available in some type of format.  

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @WeberWho I have heard that the small motor is peppy. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    The latest:

Charleston, SC
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @WeberWho I have heard that the small motor is peppy. 
    Yep, I'd go manual. Simply because I prefer a manual transmission. Even if that meant the smaller motor. It's no slouch. 

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    Options
    dmourati said:
    Saw this Lamborghini parked across the street while I was taking out the garbage. My 5yo ran out for a photo op.

Pretty cool the way the color of your boy’s noggin matches the car.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    Options
    That's a sweet ride. Looks to be a Performante

Minnesota
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Just heard it start up and pull away.
    Mountain View, CA
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I am definitely on the very low end of the exotic car visual spectrum.  Around here I see lots of John Deere tractors and dually rigged trucks hauling horse trailers.  Of course, some of the trailer occupants are high dollar themselves.  Thoroughbred race horses.
    But I thoroughly enjoy the pics.  So, keep 'em coming.  BTW- there is no chance I will ever grab a pic while driving.  Phone is off-limits for me in that environment.  But I did see a Bentley and a Rolls once.  B)  Trust me here!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,427
    Options
    I put a reservation in yesterday on an Outer Banks 4 door for the wife. Hoping to get a better timeframe on it when the dealership calls to convert the reservation to an order. My buddy has one on order from the very beginning. He Demo’d a Sasquatch for three days last week.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am definitely on the very low end of the exotic car visual spectrum.  Around here I see lots of John Deere tractors and dually rigged trucks hauling horse trailers.  Of course, some of the trailer occupants are high dollar themselves.  Thoroughbred race horses.
    But I thoroughly enjoy the pics.  So, keep 'em coming.  BTW- there is no chance I will ever grab a pic while driving.  Phone is off-limits for me in that environment.  But I did see a Bentley and a Rolls once.  B)  Trust me here!

Sad part about it, a newer f-350 dually and horse trailer will easily run you more than most of the exotic cars on this discussion, and don't get me started on JD tractors, at a dollar a pony a average size 250hp tractor will run you $250k used.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I put a reservation in yesterday on an Outer Banks 4 door for the wife. Hoping to get a better timeframe on it when the dealership calls to convert the reservation to an order. My buddy has one on order from the very beginning. He Demo’d a Sasquatch for three days last week.

I will probably have to sit tight on the Bronco unless something happens production wise in Q1 of 2022 (also a glutton for punishment I may wait for a Raptor version, who knows when that will happen. Leaning towards a 4runner to hold me over, I kinda wanted a f-150 but they have priced themselves out of the market for me.
     On a side note, I think you are the one who turned me onto the Duck Camp, UV hoodie. I love those, bought two of them, I really like them for mowing and general work outside when I am not going to get super dirty.   
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,427
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

I will probably have to sit tight on the Bronco unless something happens production wise in Q1 of 2022 (also a glutton for punishment I may wait for a Raptor version, who knows when that will happen. Leaning towards a 4runner to hold me over, I kinda wanted a f-150 but they have priced themselves out of the market for me.
     On a side note, I think you are the one who turned me onto the Duck Camp, UV hoodie. I love those, bought two of them, I really like them for mowing and general work outside when I am not going to get super dirty.   
    I doubt I’ll see the Bronco until late 2022 which is fine according to she who will be driving it. 

The Duck Camp bamboo shirts are amazing. Have 4 myself 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    this whole time I thought this was a Cat Lovers Thread, I need glasses
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    Leaning towards a 4runner to hold me over, I kinda wanted a f-150 but they have priced themselves out of the market for me.
    +1, My companies CEO is a lifelong Ford guy, gave up last year and has gone Ram, saving well over $10k per truck.
    Charleston, SC
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

I will probably have to sit tight on the Bronco unless something happens production wise in Q1 of 2022 (also a glutton for punishment I may wait for a Raptor version, who knows when that will happen. Leaning towards a 4runner to hold me over,
    The new 4runner is due out soonish so
    you may be able to score a deal if you wait till then

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    Options
    ^^^^^ That's a few orders of magnitude above "little".  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That's probably where those elitist plan "The Hunt".  (Hilariously bad movie)