Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Brisket Camp VI, Oct 23rd 2021 in New Orleans

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,165
    Right.   Frickin ill-tempered sea bass sans lasers on their frickin heads.

• Will you guys have any pellet joe’s there? I may come if you do. 
    We will have pellet, Joe's and BGEs.

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,179
    Austin Powers Shark GIF by reactionseditor
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • BotchBotch Posts: 11,821
    Bonus points if delivered via tornado.  

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Awesome you are doing this again. I remember years back when you did the first? @sgh was relatively new to the forum, lol lots of cool pics and fun was had from what I saw. I’ve been gone a few years but this sure would be great to attend. Will look into it. 
    Seattle, WA
    ^Bump^
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,502
    It will be here before you know it! Got my AirBnB booked a few weeks back.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TigerTonyTigerTony Posts: 1,073
    SkinnyV said:
    Awesome you are doing this again. I remember years back when you did the first? @sgh was relatively new to the forum, lol lots of cool pics and fun was had from what I saw. I’ve been gone a few years but this sure would be great to attend. Will look into it. 
    Here's a cool pic from The 2nd annual Brisket Camp 2015 .
    Our host with the band Yes Ma'am.

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,030
    TigerTony said:
    SkinnyV said:

That was quite a day.  

I've mentioned this before but at that BC I hit a trifecta I'll never forget.  I had a sandwich made with @Eggcelsior's Baltimore pit beef, served on bread that @Thatgrimguy's buddy had made, accompanied by a home brew that @nolabrew had brought.  It doesn't get much better than that. 
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,184
    Checking to see who’s going from NE TEXAS or NW LA and would be interested in ride sharing and VRBO?  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 3,717
    TigerTony said:
    SkinnyV said:

I wasn’t even there and one of their song (Deep Chatham) is a regular on my playlists 🤣😂

Curious about you running with a single 75W bulb.  Is that just for doing low and slows?  Reason for asking is I was at my sister's today, she still has her oven from maybe 50 years ago.  It is in stock configuration and is running dual 100W bulbs.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,283
    Wuh thu Fuk did i just watch for 6min?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

dbCooper said:
    Curious about you running with a single 75W bulb.  Is that just for doing low and slows?  Reason for asking is I was at my sister's today, she still has her oven from maybe 50 years ago.  It is in stock configuration and is running dual 100W bulbs.
    I'm envious.  Looking to upgrade but since I'm so cheap, I thought I'd wait until the next Amazon prime day.

• paqmanpaqman Posts: 3,717
    edited July 29
    Wuh thu Fuk did i just watch for 6min?
     Quote: “I like my whiskey and I like my gin but the way I like my sister its a g0ddamn sin”  🤣😂

You got a preview of Brisket Camp.

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,349
    Bump, just because.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
    Bump

Bump

"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
    Making some Thai ( and other ) Sausage this weekend to take 
    Visalia, Ca

lkapigian said:
    Making some Thai ( and other ) Sausage this weekend to take 
    Can’t wait.  I’ll expect some to be delivered via drone!

Living large in the 919
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 4,335
    I really should be able to make it!! we shall see
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, Blackstone Griddle, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria
  • LitLit Posts: 8,917
    edited August 17
    Highest ever Positive COVID cases in our county yesterday. You guys have fun. Darwinism right?
  • What SGH said.  I'm usually one of the more out-of-control drunks at this event and I don't drink anymore.  That said, I'm trying to borrow a shark cage to use for public humiliation if anyone gets out of control and starts breaking stuff or worse.
    How will this shark cage work? Will the belligerent be placed inside of it, or will the level-headed seek refuge inside while the drunk and disorderly circle with curiosity?
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,502
    Reluctantly canceling my airbnb for October. Stuff came up. I'll get down there one of these days.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

It's still on.... I don't have power there at the moment but there shouldn't be a problem when time rolls around.  (also, it's a wreck right now).

It's still on.... I don't have power there at the moment but there shouldn't be a problem when time rolls around.  (also, it's a wreck right now).
    So you’re saying it’s on… like Donkey Kong?

Living large in the 919