Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prosciutto wrapped grilled peaches.

YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,984
Went to the local farmers market yesterday and picked up some summer treats. I love heirloom tomatoes, and they are in by the thousands around here, grabbed some of the seasons last peaches and had a lucky find of bourbon barrel smoking wood chunks. I was pretty pleased with my purchases. These Bourbon Barrel Chunks are the real deal, not that Jack Daniels Bull Shtuff. Each piece is fist size.The aroma evolving from these chunks, was spectacular. 

I decided to roast a tenderloin with them, only using two chunks, which turned out to be about right on the money for last night’s cook. The meal last night consisted of the tenderloin, with an evoo base prior to adding the rub I typically use for beef, a power salad, Mac and cheese (because we can) the prosciutto wrapped, cream and blue cheese stuffed peaches wit a warm smoked honey and sriracha drizzle.
So super easy to do, and off the freaking charts delicious. We served both a White Pinot Noir, and followed with a Pinot Noir Rosé. Afterwards, we served up My Beautiful Wife’s Key Lime Pie.

We had some friends over, and the evening was spectacular. It is just hard to beat great friends, a great meal, and outstanding wine. 

Sorry for the poor photography, but given the events of the evening, I felt kind of lucky to be able to capture any images at all. Last pic is about midway through the meal of a very messy eater, me.

The bread was fresh baked black pepper, and pink Himalayan salt drizzled with olive oil and crusted with Parmigiana, Asiago and Romano.

Thank you for looking hope the rest of your day is outstanding.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    Great post. Fantastic Ron
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Just beautiful!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• YukonRon

Thank you for the kind words.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Great post. Fantastic Ron
    Thank you John, hope all is well. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    lkapigian said:

This^^^

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon

Hoping all is well, thank you for the kind words.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Outstanding! That is BEAUTIFUL!! Nice!!

What is your favorite heirloom tomato? Mine is the Cherokee Purple, then the Suduth strain of the Brandywine.
    Formerly @dharley prior to some password bs.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, bad liver & a broken heart

Three Rivers, MI
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Super cook.  Impressed.
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • YukonRon
    Outstanding! That is BEAUTIFUL!! Nice!!

What is your favorite heirloom tomato? Mine is the Cherokee Purple, then the Suduth strain of @TrippleRipple     These represent a selection of my favorites. Apologies for not knowing the names. The purple ones are my fave, I have had about 4 of them so far. I buy these every Saturday, out of them by Monday, the latest Tuesday. 

Thank you for the kind words. Hope all is well.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited July 2021
    DonWW said:
    Super cook.  Impressed.
    Thank you for the kind words. The hot smoked honey with sriracha is worth working with to make it a very nice addition to most cooks.

Hope your weekend was great.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Greetings-

Amazing looking cook! Would you be willing to share the grilled peaches recipe/procedure - I would like to try that this weekend. Thanks so much!

Cheers,
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I had to close my eyes for a minute, to process, and work my way through what the peaches must have tasted like. 

Now, I wish had some. They sound fabulous.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    edited July 2021
    Greetings-

Amazing looking cook! Would you be willing to share the grilled peaches recipe/procedure - I would like to try that this weekend. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

It was a series of “Well, um, let’s try this?” kind of cook. The first thing was putting a enameled, grilled safe cup about a third full of honey, place it on the grill while the thin blue smoke the bourbon chunks were offering to the cook. Stir frequently, or as often as you might think about it, when it thins down, add sriracha to taste, it will not take much.

Half and pit the peaches. Sit aside, get a small bowl, get some soft bleu cheese and mix 1:1 with cream cheese. Stir until homogenized. Use a large serving spoon, and fill the voids left by the pits, mounding it slightly. Get your prosciutto and wrap 1 or 2 slices and hold in place with tooth picks. On the grill, stir the honey again, and place the peaches, flat side down for three minutes, and turn every 3 minutes until the prosciutto is stiffening and getting darker to a more mahogany color. Pull, set on a plate, and with a table spoon or two, drizzle the honey sriracha. 

Edit: peach selection is important, large semi soft peaches were used, I do not believe extra ripe peaches would have turned out as well.

Hope it turns out. PM me if you need some help.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    caliking said:
    I had to close my eyes for a minute, to process, and work my way through what the peaches must have tasted like. 

Now, I wish had some. They sound fabulous.
    Thank you for the kind words. I am hoping to shore up the recipe going forward, but these were surprisingly good.

Hope all is well with the Royal Family.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sweet jebus. You guys have been busy in my absence lol. 

Ron- we moved/are moving to Fredericksburg. Hooe to see you back down here one day. We will hVe a nice olace for you guys to stay if you make it back down. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YukonRon
    Sweet jebus. You guys have been busy in my absence lol. 

Ron- we moved/are moving to Fredericksburg. Hooe to see you back down here one day. We will hVe a nice olace for you guys to stay if you make it back down. 
    Hey thank you for the stopping in. Hope all is well. Been away for a while myself, and trying to get back into the swing of things.

Great news on Fredericksburg, very cool vibe going on there in the Hill Country. We have been a bit busy traveling to find a place to live as well, heading out to Wyoming next.

Thank you for the most generous offer, and we may take you up on that the next time we head your way. Knowing you as I do, I am confident your new place will be awesome. We are  very happy for you and your family, I know you will be too once settled.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Looks great, Ron. 

Just one question - what is “a power salad?”
  • YukonRon
    Hammered a cream cheese, heirloom tomato on a Dali Llama bagel “one with everything” with my coffee this morning. Did not suck. At all.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Nice job!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• YukonRon
    Nice job!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited July 2021
    Looks great, Ron. 

Just one question - what is “a power salad?”
    @GrateEggspectations

Kale with chick peas, sweet potato, avocado, red onion, almonds, dried cranberries, Tahini, lemon juice and kosher salt.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,011

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• YukonRon said:
    Greetings-

Cheers,

It was a series of “Well, um, let’s try this?” kind of cook. The first thing was putting a enameled, grilled safe cup about a third full of honey, place it on the grill while the thin blue smoke the bourbon chunks were offering to the cook. Stir frequently, or as often as you might think about it, when it thins down, add sriracha to taste, it will not take much.

Half and pit the peaches. Sit aside, get a small bowl, get some soft bleu cheese and mix 1:1 with cream cheese. Stir until homogenized. Use a large serving spoon, and fill the voids left by the pits, mounding it slightly. Get your prosciutto and wrap 1 or 2 slices and hold in place with tooth picks. On the grill, stir the honey again, and place the peaches, flat side down for three minutes, and turn every 3 minutes until the prosciutto is stiffening and getting darker to a more mahogany color. Pull, set on a plate, and with a table spoon or two, drizzle the honey sriracha. 

Edit: peach selection is important, large semi soft peaches were used, I do not believe extra ripe peaches would have turned out as well.

Thank you, on the list for this weekend! 

Cheers,
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    Greetings-

Cheers,

Thank you, on the list for this weekend! 

Cheers,
    You are most welcome, good luck. Need help? let me know.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • So, big tip of the cap to @YukonRon for the recipe, these were incredibly good! The semi ripe part was key, they kept their shape and didn’t get too soft/mushy. Marinated the shrimp in some of the honey, garlic, pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Definitely a keeper.

Stay safe & have a good week!

Cheers,

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
  • YukonRon
    So glad you enjoyed them. Pass it on brother.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky