Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,517
    Options
    @Gamecockeggman - great cooks but more info on the 'loney please.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    edited June 2021
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Sorry Cap….  Boston butt, short ribs with cherry from the egg, finished with a red wine beef broth reduction.  And just for fun some smoked bologna.  Butt and bologna were done on the Yoder.  Halfway through my short rib cook on the xl egg my band gave out….  Not a fun time

Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    edited June 2021
    Options

Looks great! What's the smoker you're working with? @Gamecockeggman
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    lousubcap said:

+1

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    WeberWho said:

Looks great! What's the smoker you're working with? @Gamecockeggman
    It’s a Yoder YS1500
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Legume said:
    Following you sucks @caliking

but here’s some wings

sideways

Actually @legume, that's the perfect plate with which to follow @caliking.  He has come in last place in every chicken wing cooking contest he has ever entered.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• BigGreenKev
    BigGreenKev Posts: 254
    Options

That looks like Pho with brisket in upper right and not sure on the protein on the left side?  MN is awesome for Pho.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

That looks like Pho with brisket in upper right and not sure on the protein on the left side?  MN is awesome for Pho.

We ordered 2 large Pho tai and some spring rolls from a local Vietnamese place.  We used Waitr.  Got the order delivered and no spring rolls, and 1 weird large pho (broth was dark and reddish) with, looks like brisket and tendon.

We complained we got nothing that we ordered and just one of something we didn't.  They refunded all our money. 

I turned that one weird pho into two by augmenting the broth, cooking more rice sticks, cutting up more meat (sirloin is what you see and pho *tai* is thinly cut eye of round).

Anyway, we ate and it was good and saved $35.  But I would have rather had the order right.
    Options

Cooked over the weekend  served tonight. Oxtail over Tagliarelle pasta.

Standing ovation!!!  I will take two plates please.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    taco (something)-day.  I forgot the saying.
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Legume said:
    Following you sucks @caliking

but here’s some wings

sideways

Actually @legume, that's the perfect plate with which to follow @caliking.  He has come in last place in every chicken wing cooking contest he has ever entered.
     Technically, that's the absolute truth.

But, only technically...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,173
    Options
    Acn said:

Is that a cottage roll? or just a small roast. Haven't seen or had a cottage roll in years
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    poster said:
    Acn said:

Is that a cottage roll? or just a small roast. Haven't seen or had a cottage roll in years

never heard the term cottage roll, the google explanation sounds like the smoked and corned pork shoulder used in a new england boiled dinner but deboned and no smoke
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    poster said:
    Acn said:

I’ve never heard of a cottage roll, it’s a small lamb leg roast.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DatilpepperBBQ
    Options
    Oil Drum Chicken.
  • DatilpepperBBQ
    Options
    Oil Drum Chicken

4-5 lbs. of chicken pieces
    ½ cup red wine vinegar
    ½ cup apple cider vinegar
    ½ cup olive oil
    ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon Kosher salt
    1 tablespoon sugar
    3-4 cloves garlic
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon white pepper
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    ½ teaspoon celery salt
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon dried parsley
    1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Put the salt and garlic in a food processor and pulse until the garlic is minced. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chicken, and give them a whirl until they are well-combined. This makes just under 2 cups of marinade. Reserve a half cup for basting the chicken.

Put the chicken in a freezer bag and coat with the remaining marinade. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, overnight is best.

Set your grill up for a direct cook over medium-high (400°F) heat. Put the chicken on the grill and close the lid. Cook for about 5 minutes, then flip and baste with the reserved marinade using a basting brush or mop. Flip and baste every five minutes. Cook for about 30 to 40 minutes, until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink in the center, or until you reach 170°F in the breast and 180°F in the thickest part of the thigh.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,173
    Options
    poster said:
    Acn said:

never heard the term cottage roll, the google explanation sounds like the smoked and corned pork shoulder used in a new england boiled dinner but deboned and no smoke
    I guess its a Canadian thing. Never knew until i just looked at Google too. Basically a corned pork. I will have to find one soon and give it a go. Its been years. Maybe even try a pork pastrami.