Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Not sure this qualifies as exotic but spotted here yesterday:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    A real hooptie of a Porsche when comparing to the 918 above...

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    This thread is great. I enjoy every pic.  Thanks @GrateEggspectations for getting this going.  Hopefully it has no end-point.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    edited May 2021
    Probably not a factory job:

Seems like it would eat tires?

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• lousubcap said:
    This thread is great. I enjoy every pic.  Thanks @GrateEggspectations for getting this going.  Hopefully it has no end-point.  
    Thanks, @lousubcap. I am also greatly enjoying it. 

However, I am realizing that I erred quite egregiously in adding “exotics” to the title. It is for all cool cars, whatever the class (i.e., muscle, hot rods, rat rods, luxury, etc.). 

I hope to spot an extra, extra special ride here one day. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    OhioEgger said:
    Botch said:
    But Saab made fighter jets, so >neener neener<!  
    Using Volvo engines.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_RM8
    And without this...

we would not have this ...

Well, sort of - the Saab B engine was originally the Triumph slant 4, which in turn was half of one of these.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    A white Tesla Model Y parked right next to a white VW ID4. All that was needed was a white Ford Mach E. Now boasting antigravity.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Okay I fail to see how I was off topic.
  • Okay I fail to see how I was off topic.
    Don’t take it personally. Over the years, I’ve come to believe there are a lot of fat fingers scrolling through this forum. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    https://www.hagerty.com/media/videos/barn-find-hunter-uncovers-fortune-in-vintage-cars/

Pretty cool article about my friend and neighbor's collection. 

Thanks! Good read and interesting video.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• https://www.hagerty.com/media/videos/barn-find-hunter-uncovers-fortune-in-vintage-cars/

Cool it is but might be none too smart going public.  Those revenue agents could come knocking wondering where the money came from. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited June 2021
    Billy's fine,  no worries. When it does go mainstream, it's going to be pretty big news. Not everything was shown.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    https://www.hagerty.com/media/videos/barn-find-hunter-uncovers-fortune-in-vintage-cars/

That’s pretty awesome. I feel like I saw an episode of American Pickers there or at a place very similar to that. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    It was the video at the beginning of the article "Barn Finds" 
    It has been the only time he has let anything like that be done. Unfortunately after that aired he had to go out of town for a weekend and 50k in neon signs were stolen so very few folks are allowed on the property now. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Have to show this one. B-I-L’s new M5 Competition. He’s had it a good while, but because of restrictions, we hadn’t seen one another. He’s looking into a tune that is supposed to pick up some big hp. 

• lousubcap
    @GrateEggspectations - I recall your B-I-L has done extremely well for he and his family.  Why did he let it get wet   =)  Sweet ride and while heavy they have quite the performance set-up right out the door.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Please forgive me if this has been mentioned even once much less even multiple times...but as a Hagerty Insurance Co member for over 20 years there is NO better way, NOR cheaper way to insure your antique autos driven few miles per year. I had never even heard of Hagerty and my Allstate agent called me saying I was p*ssing away dollars still insuring my old Corvette with Allstate... my annual savings the first year alone??? Nearly $1,300. Since then I left Allstate with yet another antique car and saved another $1,100 per year! 
    Rip offs are common and thankfully to an honest Allstate agent I started saving a bundle! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - I recall your B-I-L has done extremely well for he and his family.  Why did he let it get wet   =)  Sweet ride and while heavy they have quite the performance set-up right out the door.  
    Good memory, Frank. He has done very well with a company he became part owner of about nine years ago. 

He is currently shopping for some other cars that may very well end up in this thread. 

I’ll give him a good scolding re: the water on your behalf. 😂 
  • lousubcap
    @GrateEggspectations -  You definitely prowl the forum during the early morning hours.  To be young again!! =)
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Have to show this one. B-I-L’s new M5 Competition. He’s had it a good while, but because of restrictions, we hadn’t seen one another. He’s looking into a tune that is supposed to pick up some big hp. 

So, these things have, what?  About 600 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque driving away from the dealership, give or take? 

What's he going to do with the extra hp, rob some banks?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited June 2021
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations -  You definitely prowl the forum during the early morning hours.  To be young again!! =)
    Actually, just a by-product of being an awful sleeper... most of the time. 😉
  • Have to show this one. B-I-L’s new M5 Competition. He’s had it a good while, but because of restrictions, we hadn’t seen one another. He’s looking into a tune that is supposed to pick up some big hp. 

So, these things have, what?  About 600 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque driving away from the dealership, give or take? 

What's he going to do with the extra hp, rob some banks?  
    Something like that. 

He doesn’t need to rob any banks. His relatively modest investment in his current business has ballooned in his nine years in. I wish I had his business sense. 

He’s currently shopping for more cars and was showing me houses he’s considering in Naples, FL. I just hope I make the invitee list. 😊

Some people really know how to live it up.
  • Has anyone watched that show on Netflix called Fastest Car?   The premise is sleeper cars (cars built at homes and such) vs super cars.  Not a bad show to watch.  It's interesting to see normal people race their lambos, ferraris, and such vs hotrods and such.  Recommend it.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Has anyone watched that show on Netflix called Fastest Car?   The premise is sleeper cars (cars built at homes and such) vs super cars.  Not a bad show to watch.  It's interesting to see normal people race their lambos, ferraris, and such vs hotrods and such.  Recommend it.
    Is that the one where some kid is it exotic car photographer and just gets to borrow supercars from whoever wherever he goes? What a life. If I remember right he was better at taking pictures of cars and actually driving them.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Has anyone watched that show on Netflix called Fastest Car?   The premise is sleeper cars (cars built at homes and such) vs super cars.  Not a bad show to watch.  It's interesting to see normal people race their lambos, ferraris, and such vs hotrods and such.  Recommend it.
    Is that the one where some kid is it exotic car photographer and just gets to borrow supercars from whoever wherever he goes? What a life. If I remember right he was better at taking pictures of cars and actually driving them.
    Yeah that's the show.  Lucky kid.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Neighbour’s new whip. Not even sure what I’m looking at, TBH. New 911 model? Haven’t looked into it. 

• lousubcap
    Definitely looks like a 911 given the lines.  Great colour (nod) as well.  
    Keep 'em coming as these type rides are scarce where I am.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I saw this today. I doesn't necessarily fit the title of the post but I found it funny. I noticed the guy behind me also snapping pics at the stoplight. 

You Texans are a bunch of liar's! It's not always bigger in Texas!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota