Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    TTC said:
    I have stored a small bundle of 18 foot long 8/4 mahogany boards for a long time. Some of them are 20 inches wide. Bout time I did something with them 
    On a PC (pre-COVID) camping trip, a friend showed up with firewood he had cleaned out of his recently deceased fathers garage. All neatly stacked and he’d cut them into 2 foot lengths to fit in his car for the trip back to his own home. All 8/4 air-dried walnut. I did snag some, but the ribbing was worth the expensive coals to cook over. Now that I think about it, we were **** to him....

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    send any excess hardwoods to me.  I'll PM you my address ;)
    I think tthere may be some confusion about the type of hard wood that you are looking for, NOLA. Did you first try Craigslist?
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,079
    Options
    Toilet handle tomorrow.  Workaround in place so we don't have to venture to the basement.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Toilet handle tomorrow.  Workaround in place so we don't have to venture to the basement.

I like it. Very industrial and avant-garde. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    dbCooper said:

I like it. Very industrial and avant-garde. 
    Wait til you see his Karcher bidet replacement... 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    Heard there was a shortage of Jesus Chicken sauce, went and panic bought a supply to last me a year. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnnyArms
    JohnnyArms Posts: 38
    Options
    Finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a golf simulator for the basement. Took about 5
    seconds from when my told me it was okay to loading up my Amex. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a golf simulator for the basement. Took about 5
    Lots of questions here....will pm you 
  • JohnnyArms
    JohnnyArms Posts: 38
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Lots of questions here....will pm you 
    Happy to help. Researched for years and finally found the setup that I wanted. I ended up with a FlightScope Mevo + as my launch monitor but know more than I possibly should about all this 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    Ive been waiting on this since early Feb
    https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/hakka-mx

A bit of money fell into my lap last week so Im going to finally get the Ego Battery Powered mower this weekend.  Making a last cut with the gas mower today and giving it away to a young couple with a new house.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Hope wheels are more durable than they look. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    Ive been waiting on this since early Feb
    https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/hakka-mx

A bit of money fell into my lap last week so Im going to finally get the Ego Battery Powered mower this weekend.  Making a last cut with the gas mower today and giving it away to a young couple with a new house.

My buddy had one of those. With even a speck of dew on the grass it would bog down and not cut. He would only get about 25min of actual cutting time too if his grass was taller than about 2". But that was a few years ago. Hopefully they have improved the performance

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    anyone have experience with the battery ego leaf blowers. probably never use it on the yard but thinking of one for the boat, dock, and deck. mostly pine needles
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,611
    Options
    anyone have experience with the battery ego leaf blowers. probably never use it on the yard but thinking of one for the boat, dock, and deck. mostly pine needles
    I have a friend that has two and swears by them. I just bought one based on that but I haven’t had it long.  Seems better than any other electric I’ve had before.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I have a Husqvarna battery leaf blower and it's very good, but it does drain the battery quickly, so you need a good size battery.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I have the Dewalt one, it meets my needs and I have a bunch of Dewalt batteries already.  It replaced a 80V blower whose battery died and they no longer make replacements.  The 80V was much more powerful, the dewalt has much better modulation.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I started with the weedeater- love it.
    This summer the mower- Neighbor has one swears by it
    Next summer the blower, I will keep my electric for the Vacuum function

SWMBO needs some time to forget the tools in between.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 380
    Options
    I have one.  I don't use it for leaves but for cleaning off the patio, driveway and sidewalk after mowing.  It is the best battery power tool I have ever used.  It is powerful and the battery lasts a long time between charges.  It has made me consider replacing my gas mower and weedeater with Ego when it is time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have the ego blower and string trimmers.  They are excellent products.  The only reason I didn't get the mower was price.  I found a deal for a Greenworks mower with 2 batteries for $199 (new) on woot.  SWMBO is skeerd of the string trimmer because it's "too powerful".  I'm like, it has a speed control in the trigger, derp.
    Options
    I have the ego blower and string trimmers.  They are excellent products.  The only reason I didn't get the mower was price.  I found a deal for a Greenworks mower with 2 batteries for $199 (new) on woot.  SWMBO is skeerd of the string trimmer because it's "too powerful".  I'm like, it has a speed control in the trigger, derp.
    A thinner cord might make her feel more comfortable using it.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Yeah, I'll try that.  In the interim she won't let me get rid of a wimpy Black and Decker string trimmer (20v LiION) that she uses when she does the lawn. 

Options
    Eoin said:
    Yeah, I'll try that.  In the interim she won't let me get rid of a wimpy Black and Decker string trimmer (20v LiION) that she uses when she does the lawn. 

Happy wife and all that.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    Lowes has $20-$50 off Ego stuff right now.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The ego stuff ain't cheap, but I'm convinced they have the best battery system out there.

The blower has a turbo button that makes it go into insane crazy-balls mode.  It will chew the battery up in about 12 minutes if you keep it on that.  But not necessary, although it takes some thought to not just run it like that all the time.  I would put money on it moving more air than my Echo gas blower.

Eoin said:

Just be happy that she DOES the lawn. My wife does lots that I don’t do, but yard work is not something she would touch with a ten foot pole!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Actually she likes to do that lawn, and we split the job with our neighbor, but she's been so burnt out from this Covid sh*tshow that I've been doing it so far this year.

...and the neighbor just got his shoulder replaced yesterday so he won't be doing it for the next month or more.
    Options

I have the ryobi version because it shares a battery with my hedge trimmer I was gifted a couple of years back.  I used the battery one for leaves under bushes and for patio/driveway cleaning after mowing.  I had plug in electric before and the cord was a hassle. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Hope wheels are more durable than they look. 
    I can't/won't comment on this particular model, but the battery powered Worx mower I have is remarkably light weight.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Too cheap to buy a new one, also I'm not sure if brick n mortar Costco is allowed to sell this during our current covid lockdown...

canuckland
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I read this because I hate I hate having the tons of unread posts showing up on the main screen, but this definitely makes me think that one of the best things I did here was make sure I had somebody to deal with the lawn.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD