Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Botch said:
    Learned yesterday that Apple Carplay can now use Google Maps, not just Apple Maps.  Have been trying to download it since, and am frustrated as hell.  :anguished:  

Will be leaving for Des Moines Thursday morning, with my trusty State Farm Atlas sitting on the passenger seat.  
    I miss the Atlas days.  Made trips more exciting.  You never knew what you were actually getting into.
    Especially when an accident closed the road. Get out the map and try and work out an alternative route while driving.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'm not nostalgic for paper maps for navigation even a little bit.

If you like to navigate, rather than just follow the sat nav without thinking, an overview is a good thing to have. My problem with sat navs is the loss of detail when zooming out, so trying to work out alternative routes is a pain.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671

lots of maine is not on google, the old remote pond roads, the forest roads etc. atleast my truck tells me when its lost. you cant even find the roads on an atlas map, you need to dig into old books
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304

lots of maine is not on google, the old remote pond roads, the forest roads etc. atleast my truck tells me when its lost. you cant even find the roads on an atlas map, you need to dig into old books
    Do you have detailled maps available for the whole state like the UK Ordanance Survey? I have these on my phone as a subscription, everything is on these.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I still try to remember to carry a paper map or two when I travel as a back up, I just don’t use them.
  • fishlessman
    Eoin said:

Do you have detailled maps available for the whole state like the UK Ordanance Survey? I have these on my phone as a subscription, everything is on these.

not sure whats online for some places but some roads you need an ax, chainsaw, boards, pickax, shovel, come-alongs, extra vehicles etc. gps would come in handy because ive not been sure what country ive been fishing in at times. some are really remote with helicoptor stockings and the roads are really getting overgrown
    fukahwee maine

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Our minivan has pretty good Chrysler navigation, but cell phone coverage can be spotty away from civilization. Traveling in the western US, and northern Pa, I often have no signal.

And nobody ever plans their trips on their cell phone map.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• nolaegghead
    Eoin said:

not sure whats online for some places but some roads you need an ax, chainsaw, boards, pickax, shovel, come-alongs, extra vehicles etc. gps would come in handy because ive not been sure what country ive been fishing in at times. some are really remote with helicoptor stockings and the roads are really getting overgrown
    Don't forget to bring a big spray can of banjo repellent.

If you have a tablet or laptop you can, depending on where you are, see enough resolution to identify old roads and paths.  You will have trouble if they're overgrown with trees.  I'll bet there's a way to get the winter aerials. 
    If you have a tablet or laptop you can, depending on where you are, see enough resolution to identify old roads and paths.  You will have trouble if they're overgrown with trees.  I'll bet there's a way to get the winter aerials. 

one place i used to stay at could connect for about an hour a day. he used that time to pick up women in jail that had no place to go. his place is 18 miles off the road, if she stayed past the first snow there was an opportunity to get out in the spring. i would show up in spring with food, fruit, watermelon, you should see how fast a woman can devour fresh food
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman

one place i used to stay at could connect for about an hour a day. he used that time to pick up women in jail that had no place to go. his place is 18 miles off the road, if she stayed past the first snow there was an opportunity to get out in the spring. i would show up in spring with food, fruit, watermelon, you should see how fast a woman can devour fresh food
    Yeah, wow.  That has serial killer written all over it.

beautiful place though, view of mt katahdin over looking the north end of chesuncook lake. he was nice enough to ask me not to let my dog run in her garden, she turned a plot maybe 50 by a hundred foot by hand with a shovel one spring. i think she had plans to make and hang curtains in the camps
    fukahwee maine

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Heading back to Colonel Dixie. Going to blow the diet a little today. Going to have a Dixie Double Chili Cheeseburger, a Dixie Dog with fries and wash it down with a quart of Dixie Dew 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    SonVolt said:
    Buying, selling, or just curious?  That is a lot of carpet and a lot of white.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    What a spectacularly unappealing place.

Was it a former brothel and these were client rooms?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Longtrain
    Longtrain Posts: 48
    Baked & Sweets on the Egg.  Butter injected and rubbed pork tenderloin ready in the wings…

While we wait, a very tasty Moscow Mule with fresh lime and ginger.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Laughing at the local weatherman. He cancelled school yesterday and today after Monday’s 7” of rain. We’ve gotten less than .5” of rain today. Chicken little tells you the sky is falling....
  • nolaegghead
    My 91 year old grandmother has carpet in her bathrooms, but a kitchen!!! That’s a new sight for me
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    HeavyG said:
    What a spectacularly unappealing place.

Was it a former brothel and these were client rooms?

Pre-marked for COVID distancing.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2021
    From the listing, "4 Car Garage that can hold up 16 cars"

Wouldn't that be a 16 car garage?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Getting ready to enjoy my last meal at Rula Bula.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

Closing or you dying?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac

Closing or you dying?
    Closing.  Locally famous Pub, building owner sold the building and new owner leased space to someone else.. Didn't give Rula Bula a chance.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869

Closing or you dying?
    Closing.  Locally famous Pub, building owner sold the building and new owner leased space to someone else.. Didn't give Rula Bula a chance.
    Phew!  For a second there, I thought you might be dying...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2021

Closing or you dying?
    Phew!  For a second there, I thought you might be dying...
    Nope, you can put away the decorations and party prizes ;)
  • nolaegghead