Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    That looks incredible.  It will be beautiful in your place. @Great_EGGspectations
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski said:
    That looks incredible.  It will be beautiful in your place. @Great_EGGspectations
    Thank you! I just love the fact that it was made by family. Too cool. I’ll share another pic once it’s settled in its new home. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    Tiling the kitchen - in the only way my talent, patience and confidence will permit.  
    Fake it to make it....

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    CPFC1905 said:
    Tiling the kitchen - in the only way my talent, patience and confidence will permit.  
    Fake it to make it....

usually blood stains come off tile with some bleach.  But, hey, that works too!

Why did Norman Bates kill Marion in the shower in Psycho 1960 - Quora

No they don't.

Apparently.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:
    Fake it to make it....

Looks like a crime scene. Why DIY a rental?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    CPFC1905 said:
    Fake it to make it....

Are you gluing on tile overlays to see what you like?  Pretty great idea.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Watching Wifey noodle.....

She doesn’t really play the guit, but is an excellent pianist and sometimes cellist. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    About to throw on a prime tri-tip. I hope dinner ends with a bang 😎
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2021
    Cleaned some stalls, fixed a few fences, watered the horses, short trail ride, made a riser for my TV in preparation for a new soundbar arriving, went grocery shopping, threw some carnitas on the grill for dinner, and currently watching my dogs play.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Botch- I am one of those who anticipated the great feeling watching the first shot go in, but it was even more euphoric than I expected. 
    In the back of my mind the serious end-game possibility of covid was present. Couple that with the fact that the vaccine was every bit of a Manhattan or Moon Shot project delivery in record time had quite an impact.  The second shot was great but an order of magnitude less impactful.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Not wanting to put a downer on proceedings @Botch and @lousubcap but this Indian variant (thanks Boris) seems to be even faster spreading than our home grown Kent version. More lockdown easing here tomorrow, but restrictions are off for everyone - vaccinated and un-vaccinated - and cases are slowly on the increase again. Be careful everyone.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I have been vaccinated for about 2 months now. Since I provide a lot of care for my parents my goal was to keep from infecting them and to get them vaccinated. I succeeded. My sisters......not so much. 
    Today cut the grass, just ate at a Chinese place, about to go Targeting, considering washing the VW since it is Love Bug Season.
  • ColtsFan said:
    About to throw on a prime tri-tip. I hope dinner ends with a bang 😎
    Just make sure that you use protection. 

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited May 2021
    Out for a walk. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited May 2021
    Deer in the headlights. Literally. I almost smoked a Doe going 60+ mph tonight. I was fortunate the deer froze and I was able to swerve out of the way last second. Someone was looking over me. Not even a mile earlier I had a thought run through my head that I needed to stay focused down this section of road. Sure enough not even a minute later a doe was right in the middle of the road looking straight at me. 

I had my windows down, I should have put my hand out and smacked her in the back of the head while clearing her by just a few inches. I'm all for extending deer hunting season!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    Deer in the headlights. Literally. I almost smoked a Doe going 60+ mph tonight. I was fortunate the deer froze and I was able to swerve out of the way last second. Someone was looking over me. Not even a mile earlier I had a thought run through my head that I needed to stay focused down this section of road. Sure enough not even a minute later a doe was right in the middle of the road looking straight at me. 

I had my windows down, I should have put my hand out and smacked her in the back of the head while clearing her by just a few inches. I'm all for extending deer hunting season!!!
    Glad you are safe, and avoided the disaster!
  • CPFC1905
    Eoin said:

Looks like a crime scene. Why DIY a rental?
    Because it looks like a crime scene - which in my case brings back memories of freezing my bits off stopping people breaking through cordon tape to follow their habitual walking or running route.  
    You would not believe the amount of people who will just break the tape and then become enormously affronted when you suggest it might be tied there for a reason and my presence was no coincidence. 
  • CPFC1905

Are you gluing on tile overlays to see what you like?  Pretty great idea.
    Vinyl transfers,  just like on cars.  The original tiles had some sort of countryside pattern but the ravage of cleaning product have left them redolent of cave paintings (or a crime scene).
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Botch said:

A lot of folks report getting very emotional after finally getting their COVID shot(s).  It didn't mean that much to me.

However, today I went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants (still in business), had a shred-beef enchilada, chile relleño, mex rice & refried beans, and freshly-fried tortilla chips w/homemade salsa.  I ate without a mask.  And all the while driving home, I had a huge grin on my face, and I just feel more optimistic this afternoon than I have in a long time.   

That is all.  

I got emotional after I arranged for my frail elderly parents to get the single J&J
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    watching the states covid reaction has been amazing up here. mass is all masked up and folks still jump out of your path, maine is mask free and partying like its always been but masked if your in a store, nh the masks are all pretty much coming off. its almost like driving into other countries just crossing the boarder
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Botch said:
    However, today I went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants (still in business), had a shred-beef enchilada, chile relleño, mex rice & refried beans, and freshly-fried tortilla chips w/homemade salsa.  
    Mexican food has never bothered me "the morning after", but dayam I'm hurting this morning, Oof-dah!  :tired_face:  I don't understand it, as I cook mexican dishes quite often (especially this past year).  Must be Garcia's excellent refried beans (which I don't usually make myself) or one of the cheeses they use.  Dunno.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    However, today I went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants (still in business), had a shred-beef enchilada, chile relleño, mex rice & refried beans, and freshly-fried tortilla chips w/homemade salsa.  
    Mexican food has never bothered me "the morning after", but dayam I'm hurting this morning, Oof-dah!  :tired_face:  I don't understand it, as I cook mexican dishes quite often (especially this past year).  Must be Garcia's excellent refried beans (which I don't usually make myself) or one of the cheeses they use.  Dunno.  
    I've never heard of Montezuma's revenge north of the border, but the wife got a good dose of old-fashioned food poisoning in a little Mexican place in Hot Sulphur Springs, CO one day. Thank goodness Steamboat came along at the right time.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    looking at michelin tires and see this

WARNING:

CHOKING HAZARD -- Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Just got done from a marathon cleaning of my offices that were flooded due to the 7” of rain we got this afternoon. Gonna be another long day of cleaning up tomorrow too. Yay
  • ColbyLang said:
    Just got done from a marathon cleaning of my offices that were flooded due to the 7” of rain we got this afternoon. Gonna be another long day of cleaning up tomorrow too. Yay
    Sorry to hear. My home’s basement was flooded a few months back, so I know firsthand that this sucks. 7” of rain?! Wow. Good luck. 
  • CPFC1905

Wow, that week’s flown by.   Can’t believe we’re back in to a full set of fixtures again so soon.  Fans are allowed back, Everton are not 7th and there’s a battle on for 4th.  Here we go;

Tonight

Man Utd v Fulham : hosts are all but nailed on 2nd and the Cottagers have gone. Ole will want a professional win to please the fans and cement the runner up spot. 3-0 caveated that a massive protest against the Glazer family of Tampa Bay fame can’t be ruled out and mayhem ensues. 

Southampton v Leeds : a sprinted affair with nothing at stake.  The visitors are keeping their mojo going. 2-2

Brighton v Man City : a  filthy Seagulls drubbing by ten would be about right in my option. Although a routine 0-2 is more probable.

Chelsea v Leicester : the big one. A Foxes win assures them CL next season, but I just don’t think they have the cajones despite being in the box seat.  Very much the wrong time for them to be playing this fixture and it’s a 2-1 for me. 

Wednesday

Newcastle v Sheff Utd : the Toon faithful back in St James and will probably use that opportunity to hurl abuse at the owner for the whole game.  Heart warming stuff but a dire match. 1-0

Everton v Wolves, the Toffees are leaving their run for ‘first loser’ late and need a win here. Wolves ain’t for rolling over though.  A tight 1-1

Spurs v Aston Villa : Sir Harry of Kane, saviour of the nation, has concluded (after 20 years, having been on the team since soon after birth) that Spurs are just too Spursy.  He wants a seat at the big boys table. Trouble is the owner invariably disagrees unless all the gold in the world is exchanged.  We shall see.  3-1

Palace v Arsenał : the end of an era as Roy bids farewell to 4 of the Eagles most successful years ever. Many other places are out contract and so this has the feel of a last hurrah for many of them too. Gunners are the right team to let Palace play the more exuberant style that’s only just emerged.  Going against type I am going for a home win 2-1. If that doesn’t provoke a 0-4 total capitulation I don’t know what will.

Burnley v Liverpool : invoking the ire of @Foghorn junior - it’s a 0-3 no mercy thumping I’m afraid. 

West Brom v West Ham : last chance saloon for the Hammers to sneak in to Europe.  Going to be tough at the Hawthorns, though. 1-1

Only 3 more sleeps until Friday’s last forecast of the season, so see you when we’ve cleared the hump.