Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @ColbyLang- how did the delay happen as SRF has been right on schedule with my shipments.  Wondering if them or the carrier?? (The 5 letter deal.)  If you get it and it is "off" call them and explain.  They will make it right.  
    I always target the delivery date for Weds or Thursday just in case of a hic-cup so I'm not up against the weekend.  FWIW-
    Five letter carrier. We have a regional hub here. It took the weirdest route getting here, avoiding our hub. Delivery date was 5/1/21. Still don’t have it. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Anxiously awaiting delivery of a SRF brisket that is now 2 days later than initially expected. Gonna be pissed if it’s not still cold. @lousubcap
    SRF will make it right.  Unfortunately, I had a similar experience with two briskets.. SRF sent me two new ones, no hassle.  I was very sad having the throw two warm briskets into the trash.  I poured some out for the cows.
    Bothersome part is it shipped Thursday 4/29. I highly doubt that this brisket is still gonna be frozen 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Neighbors are replacing fencing, so the hounds are on the wire for a few days.  Straight lines are not in their vocabulary.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Neighbors are replacing fencing, so the hounds are on the wire for a few days.  Straight lines are not in their vocabulary.

Please, please, please, when you take them off their chains, yell "Release the Hounds!".
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Good morning. 

Weren't you looking at putting in a pool?  You need to look at taking down a fence!   Maybe wrong person. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    I am trying to wrap my head around NFTs. Boggles the mind.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2021
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Me too.  I understand art and such, but serious money for a digital design, and not one you commissioned.  I am glad folks are being recognized for their art, but I do not see the value.  And a piece that can just disappear from your NFT wallet too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kl8ton
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Me too.  I understand art and such, but serious money for a digital design, and not one you commissioned.  I am glad folks are being recognized for their art, but I do not see the value.  And a piece that can just disappear from your NFT wallet too.
    Yes it's the obscene amount of money being spent.  NFT and crypto currencies make me feel old and obsolete.  A 21 year old can speak volumes on the subject and clearly sees the value or percieved value.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    kl8ton said:

It's all just further evidence that some folks have too much wealth.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Anxiously awaiting delivery of a SRF brisket that is now 2 days later than initially expected. Gonna be pissed if it’s not still cold. @lousubcap
    SRF will make it right.  Unfortunately, I had a similar experience with two briskets.. SRF sent me two new ones, no hassle.  I was very sad having the throw two warm briskets into the trash.  I poured some out for the cows.
    Bothersome part is it shipped Thursday 4/29. I highly doubt that this brisket is still gonna be frozen 
    Just got the “delay in shipment arriving” email. Loving it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Good morning. 

Weren't you looking at putting in a pool?  You need to look at taking down a fence!   Maybe wrong person. 
    Those are neighbours’ yards and some old fences we are currently in discussions about replacing. No shortage of projects on the go. 🙃
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    RIP to Bill and Melinda Gates marriage. Sucks to see when marriages dissolve. Wonder how much she gets in settlement?
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    Options
    RIP to Bill and Melinda Gates marriage. Sucks to see when marriages dissolve. Wonder how much she gets in settlement?
    They’ve already endowed their charity with 90%+ of their net worth of 130 Billion. That being said, she ain’t going work at McDonald’s 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

That humming sound we're all hearing is several hundred thousand divorce attorneys spinning up across the land.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    anyone hear from @DoubleEgger.......been a long while
    I talk to Michael all the time - he's good!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I am not even a football fan, but I find this quite funny....

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    anyone hear from @DoubleEgger.......bethen a long while
    I talk to Michael all the time - he's good!  
    Ihanks @JohnInCarolina
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I am not even a football fan, but I find this quite funny....

On 1st glance I thought it was James Carville.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Grilled some burgers (weird right side flip from Vanilla) and watching a hell of a hockey game. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Polywood patio furniture finally showed up. They make to order so it took about 6 weeks to get it

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Polywood patio furniture finally showed up. They make to order so it took about 6 weeks to get it

Nice jugs!
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Nice jugs!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Nice jugs!

I just put together a dinning set (Tekke) for my daughter and son in law. The worst part was the packing materials. Also, pro tip, the included Allen Wrench should be scrapped in favor of a bit in the drill.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Wondering about people who buy Teslas for their high school kid to drive to school.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Just threw away a SRF brisket. Arrived slacked and at 70° exterior. Hats off to their customer service, sending me a larger black grade overnight as a replacement. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    saw a rustic junkyard vinyl wrap on a cooper this last weekend similar to this new hellcat.  im not getting it

Image Credit Reddit User a hrefhttpswwwredditcomuserchocolat_ice_cream relnofollow noopener target_blank data-ylkslkuchocolat_ice_cream classlink rapid-noclick-respuchocolat_ice_creama

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Acn said:
    Wondering about people who buy Teslas for their high school kid to drive to school.
    In highschool we had a kid who drove a Ferrari and another who drove a Dodge Viper.  BMWs and Mercedes did not stand out in the parking lot.  The teacher's cars were easy to spot: Ford Probes, Festivas, and Toyota Tercels and Camrys.  The principal did drive an older model BMW hatchback which was kind of sad.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Acn said:
    In highschool we had a kid who drove a Ferrari and another who drove a Dodge Viper.  BMWs and Mercedes did not stand out in the parking lot.  The teacher's cars were easy to spot: Ford Probes, Festivas, and Toyota Tercels and Camrys.  The principal did drive an older model BMW hatchback which was kind of sad.
    Who in there right mind would let their kid drive a Viper? That would be one of the last cars I'd let any new driver drive. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2021
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Acn said:
    Who in there right mind would let their kid drive a Viper? That would be one of the last cars I'd let any new driver drive. 
    It was a toss up between that and the Supra with the twin turbo 2JZ for dumbest cars to give to highschooler.

I only know three kids who got seriously hurt in a car accidents.  One jumped a Dodge Charger (b-body) Dukes of Hazard style.  Broke the drivers back and injured the passenger.  The other was just a regular car that kid crashed into a light pole.  I know of two trucks destroyed in off-roading mishaps and one 68 bronco rolled in front of the school, but nobody was hurt in those.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Acn said:
    Most of our parking lot thought they were from the movie Fast and Furious. You just had to shake your head when even the Plymouth Breeze had a body kit, rims, and a fart can on it. 

Minnesota