Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options

At LakePoint.  Our oldest daughter made the regional championships in gymnastics.
    Bombdiggity John 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    edited May 2021
    Options

At LakePoint.  Our oldest daughter made the regional championships in gymnastics.
    Bombdiggity John ( worth the double post lol )
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    edited May 2021
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Derby day so-time to take the challenge. Home tasting event with my son.
    A Blanton's bourbon blind taste test:
    (in order (L-R), Green Label, Regular, Gold and Barrel). 
    A cherry popping event that does have a few unicorns in the mix.
    Winner for both-the Gold.  But it was definitely an enjoyable undertaking. 
    Appropriate for Derby.
    May your horse win -as long as I have the same one!  B)
    Stay healthy and safe out there!
    Straight from the barrel is my favorite.  The extra proof is easy to taste.

As awesome as it is that @JohnInCarolina 's daughter made regionals, this is truly impressive line up.

Just kidding JIC, awesome for your daughter, and glad she is getting to compete in meets.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 380
    Options
    Having a bourbon after a long day of yard work.  50 bags of mulch dumped and spread and I was still about 10 bags short so round 2 tomorrow.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Having a bourbon after a long day of yard work.  50 bags of mulch dumped and spread and I was still about 10 bags short so round 2 tomorrow.
    Good work. Keep it up. Few things as satisfying as doing honest work around one’s home. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Took a walk. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options

First, that’s awesome. Secondly, just curious, does the meet have a vaccine or negative COVID test requirement for the participants?
    No requirements on testing, but there were temperature checks at the door, masks are mandatory, and each athlete could only bring a few spectators with them.  There’s also a number of cycles, with a limited number of athletes competing at any one time.  So the huge gym is fairly empty. 
    That's great!!  More remarkable is you didn't get a troll flag on this post (as of yet).

No crazy people who yelled at you for "child abuse" and called family services b/c your kids are wearing masks?

It seems I have at least two Flaggot Followers, while you my friend, are lagging.  As a result, my troll points have long since passed yours #winning
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Took a walk. 

As we say in the USAF, "target lock".  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Just finished a Zoom call with Coach K (and 45 others) as part of a fundraiser for the Emily K Center.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Just noticed that two major American Sporting Events all feature nothing but left turns: Horse Racing, and NASCAR.
    Because one lasts 45 seconds, and the other 4 hours, One is more Interesting than the Other (and prolly why one features Mint Juleps and the other, Budweiser).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 380
    Options
    Good work. Keep it up. Few things as satisfying as doing honest work around one’s home. 
    Thanks, it will be better next year now that I know how many bags I need.  This new (to me) house was not maintained to my standards from a landscaping perspective, and so my poor guesstimate resulted in two Lowes runs today.  Hopefully next spring I will be more efficient.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Thanks, it will be better next year now that I know how many bags I need.  This new (to me) house was not maintained to my standards from a landscaping perspective, and so my poor guesstimate resulted in two Lowes runs today.  Hopefully next spring I will be more efficient.
    I hear you. I’m struggling to maintain a house maintained above my standards. 😊

We’ll both get there one way or another. 🙂
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options

Nice!  Congrats to her... and her parents.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Derby day so-time to take the challenge. Home tasting event with my son.
    A Blanton's bourbon blind taste test:
    (in order (L-R), Green Label, Regular, Gold and Barrel). 
    A cherry popping event that does have a few unicorns in the mix.
    Winner for both-the Gold.  But it was definitely an enjoyable undertaking. 
    Appropriate for Derby.
    May your horse win -as long as I have the same one!  B)
    Stay healthy and safe out there!

I think that spread shows the exception to "better lucky than good".  Hope your luck was good at the Derby. :)
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @CPFC1905, I'm wondering why Zaha felt a need to stay on the pitch well into halftime...
    He's high maintenance.  

The problem with being the best player is that everyone else is not as good as you and therefore the team is bang average. For three seasons, at least, he's been the sole outlet and most heavily marked player.  Word is he is playing through injury - but player fitness is a very opaque aspect of the business. 

The owners' master stroke was giving him what he thought he wanted; a massive contract.  A golden cage was thus erected around Wilf - and none of the big boys came calling to unlock him. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Why bags instead of bulk? You can have mulch delivered by the ‘yard’ or ‘scoop’ most anywhere, I’d think.

of course, you still have to estimate it correctly...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Live streaming a little of commencement before we hit the road.  John Legend is the speaker this year.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Live streaming a little of commencement before we hit the road.  John Legend is the speaker this year.

Yeah, Coach K told us he had spent an hour chatting with him right before he got on the zoom with us last evening.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Yeah, Coach K told us he had spent an hour chatting with him right before he got on the zoom with us last evening.  
    So you’re like only 1 degree separated from a convo with a Legend?  ;)
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Foghorn said:

So you’re like only 1 degree separated from a convo with a Legend?  ;)
    One degree defined by space or, that piece of paper you get (in the mail for me).....when you accomplish a diploma? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Cutting and burning cedar trees

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac: Quite the breakfast. Where is that?

Wifey brought home some lunch. Does this ratio look right to you?

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options

Wifey brought home some lunch. Does this ratio look right to you?

Looks like a Popeye’s chicken sammich to me, with a really smashed bun
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    It is a local restaurant in town.  Relatively new, and I was very impressed.   Will definitely be back.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS