Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 3,615
    CPFC1905 said:
    kl8ton said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    kl8ton said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    kl8ton said:

Earlier.  . . Dog contemplating life.  
    Few questions;
    - big dog / small fence?
    - normal dog close,  normal fence far?
    - photoshopped trees? 
    - nice lawn with photoshopped dog, fence and trees? 
    Big dog. 
    4 foot fence (1.2 meters)
    Big dog is midway between fence and I.
    No photoshopping 
    The fence is at the bottom of a hill. Dog is at the top of the hill. The dog is not smart. I thought it was funny that he looked to be contemplating. 
    Thank you for your comprehensive response. 
    But why one tree this side of the fence? @nolaegghead won't rest until he knows.
    I think it just came down to finding a straight line to erect the fence.  There are more trees "inside" the fence to the left.
    @nolaegghead your feelings about this please? 
    The situation is worse than I feared.  The segratory wall has made an appearance in ancient China, Berlin, Mexico and now the sparse forest of flyover county.
    I'll survey the situation and maybe eliminate all of the trees on the inside of the fence.  That will end the segregation.  No more hurt feelings.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 37,947

• Was all set to read the article when the grammatical atrocity of the first sentence stopped me in my tracks and discredited it altogether. 

If you are like me, you might have sat in your favorite Chinese restaurant and ate eaten an egg roll only to ponder why it has such an unusual name. 
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 11,666
    Was all set to read the article when the grammatical atrocity of the first sentence stopped me in my tracks and discredited it altogether. 

If you are like me, you might have sat in your favorite Chinese restaurant and ate eaten an egg roll only to ponder why it has such an unusual name. 
    You didn't miss anything.  Basically a very long way of saying, "Fvck if I know".
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • Was all set to read the article when the grammatical atrocity of the first sentence stopped me in my tracks and discredited it altogether. 

You didn't miss anything.  Basically a very long way of saying, "Fvck if I know".
    Thanks for the Coles notes. Exactly as I would expect from my limited review. 
    Was all set to read the article when the grammatical atrocity of the first sentence stopped me in my tracks and discredited it altogether. 

Have you gone to sat and eaten often? 

edited April 30
    I'm a scientist and don't know much about grammer but my growling, hungry gut is saying sit and eat some damn eggroles. Wait, that's not the right tense.  See, I don't know.

• sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,838
    Botch said:
    It took me 61 years to realize this, but why do we call them "eggrolls"?  There's no egg in them.  :confused:  
    Ah - I worked in a Hunan Chinese restaurant that our neighbors ran. Our employee meals were fantastic, and the egg rolls had egg in them if they were served. Mostly we had spicey as fu*k chicken bits used for chicken broth over rice, still there best food I've eaten. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • CPFC1905CPFC1905 Posts: 1,193
    kl8ton said:
    I'll survey the situation and maybe eliminate all of the trees on the inside of the fence.  That will end the segregation.  No more hurt feelings.
    I can cope with mulling over the dog size but I can't have deforestation on my conscience.   @nolaegghead definitely has all the tools you might need. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 8,891
    @CPFC1905, I'm wondering why Zaha felt a need to stay on the pitch well into halftime...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 5,561

Looks like you are breaking in a new egg the right way!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• BotchBotch Posts: 11,721

Botch said:
    Thank you!?  Did you read that drivel.  I thought you were a critical thinker.

• BotchBotch Posts: 11,721
    Botch said:
    My friend Herb told me that, in ancient China, neophyte chefs had to roll out the wrappers, using a raw egg.  Keeping the shell from breaking ensured a tender wrapper (and Herb is a Philosophy major).

So, I'm collecting drivel today.  

Botch said:
    Botch said:
    My friend Herb told me that, in ancient China, neophyte chefs had to roll out the wrappers, using a raw egg.  Keeping the shell from breaking ensured a tender wrapper (and Herb is a Philosophy major).

So, I'm collecting drivel today.  
    This is now my go-to party explanation!  Thank you.

• GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations Posts: 5,925
    lkapigian said:
    So proud of all of them....first time in a year all together 

Handsome fam, right there. 
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 2,258

At LakePoint.  Our oldest daughter made the regional championships in gymnastics.
    First, that’s awesome. Secondly, just curious, does the meet have a vaccine or negative COVID test requirement for the participants?
    Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 20,784

At LakePoint.  Our oldest daughter made the regional championships in gymnastics.
    First, that’s awesome. Secondly, just curious, does the meet have a vaccine or negative COVID test requirement for the participants?
    No requirements on testing, but there were temperature checks at the door, masks are mandatory, and each athlete could only bring a few spectators with them.  There’s also a number of cycles, with a limited number of athletes competing at any one time.  So the huge gym is fairly empty. 
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 2,258

No requirements on testing, but there were temperature checks at the door, masks are mandatory, and each athlete could only bring a few spectators with them.  There’s also a number of cycles, with a limited number of athletes competing at any one time.  So the huge gym is fairly empty. 
    Only reason I asked was that our son’s girlfriend is on a competitive cheer team and recently had a competition at Disney. Their mitigation efforts sound the same as your meet except they had to have a negative test as well. 
    Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 

That's great!!  More remarkable is you didn't get a troll flag on this post (as of yet).

No crazy people who yelled at you for "child abuse" and called family services b/c your kids are wearing masks?

• SGHSGH Posts: 28,082
    Our oldest daughter made the regional championships in gymnastics.
    Congratulations buddy 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.