Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crawfish Boil - April 17th

Options

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I hate to say it but I’m not going to be able to make this gig. Knee recovery is going much slower than I anticipated. Y’all have a great time and post lot’s of pics. @SGH - maybe you can get @nolaegghead to put your balls in his mouth again. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sorry to hear, Mike.  Get that knee better, now.

Let's keep the ball handling on the down-low.
    Options
    So @lousubcap will be here.  @SGH and @Thatgrimguy have been discussing it, along with Party Monster.  @DMW is trying to make it.  Hope to see @tonytiger @buzd504 and @nolabrew@CTMike will make if the medical stars align.

Good chance Linda will be there.  "Red Girl" (aka Deven) will be there. 

Henrik said he'll play guitar and he thinks he'll bring along a bad-ass accordion player that just moved into the area.

I don't know what kind of sports stuff will coincide, but I have a couple TVs there and internet for streaming. 

I have a men's and woman's bathroom and some hoses if anyone needs a NC mountain @piney shower.

Clothes are optional but encouraged.  Vaccination is mandatory, but I'm going to allow anyone with a theoretical protection above the Johnson and Johnson level to attend. So if you are 3 weeks past your first Moderna or just got your second shot, whatever that 75% level is, you're good. 

Masks are not required.  Kids are not allowed (nasty little disease spreaders). 

Plenty of refuge from bad weather, so bad weather won't impact this at all.  I have 5000 square foot of inside and I'll throw up some pop-ups outside.

BYOB, DTF, RSVP, XYZPDQ, etc, et al....

I actually looked at taking the train from Atlanta and back. They only run 3 days a week and couldn’t get it to work around some other obligations. Would have been a great way to travel.....and recuperate. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome time.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited April 2021
    Options
    So @lousubcap will be here.  @SGH and @Thatgrimguy have been discussing it, along with Party Monster.  @DMW is trying to make it.  Hope to see @tonytiger @buzd504 and @nolabrew@CTMike will make if the medical stars align.

Henrik said he'll play guitar and he thinks he'll bring along a bad-ass accordion player that just moved into the area.

I don't know what kind of sports stuff will coincide, but I have a couple TVs there and internet for streaming. 

I have a men's and woman's bathroom and some hoses if anyone needs a NC mountain @piney shower.

Clothes are optional but encouraged.  Vaccination is mandatory, but I'm going to allow anyone with a theoretical protection above the Johnson and Johnson level to attend. So if you are 3 weeks past your first Moderna or just got your second shot, whatever that 75% level is, you're good. 

Plenty of refuge from bad weather, so bad weather won't impact this at all.  I have 5000 square foot of inside and I'll throw up some pop-ups outside.

I actually looked at taking the train from Atlanta and back. They only run 3 days a week and couldn’t get it to work around some other obligations. Would have been a great way to travel.....and recuperate. 
    I have traveled to NO from Birmingham via Amtrak. It is a painfully slow way to travel, I think the train rarely exceeds 50 MPH, and makes numerous stops in towns along the way. There's even a side track stop thrown in for your your travelling enjoyment.
    To make the ride even more fun, my wife and I came down with a really nasty stomach bug with high fever during the night before the morning return trip. For reference we had one of the deluxe cars with the bunk beds. I don't think I would have made it without the bed to lay down on for the ride back.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    GregW said:

I have traveled to NO from Birmingham via Amtrak. It is a painfully slow way to travel, I think the train rarely exceeds 50 MPH, and makes numerous stops in towns along the way. There's even a side track stop thrown in for your your travelling enjoyment.
    To make the ride even more fun, my wife and I came down with a really nasty stomach bug with high fever during the night before the morning return trip. For reference we had one of the deluxe cars with the bunk beds. I don't think I would have made it without the bed to lay down on for the ride back.

I love the train. Power outlets. Alcohol generally available. It’s a great way to travel if you have the time. 
    NOLA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Bump as the event draws ever closer!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    I love the train. 
    Me too ^^^^^^^.  They say by January we will have a train stop back in Pascagoula and Biloxi. I hope that is the case. The only reason I don’t go to New Orleans much anymore is the traffic. The train will rectify that.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    SGH said:
    buzd504 said:
    I love the train. 
    Me too ^^^^^^^.  They say by January we will have a train stop back in Pascagoula and Biloxi. I hope that is the case. The only reason I don’t go to New Orleans much anymore is the traffic. The train will rectify that.  
    You just can't help yourself, can you?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    SGH said:
    buzd504 said:
    I love the train. 
    You just can't help yourself, can you?
    Good eye my friend. Most read right over it and missed it until you pointed it out. Good catch 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    bump!
    Options
    Stay dry! Been a wet one this week in Louisiana. I’d be there if not for prior family commitments. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    there's a break in the rain so...

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Ain't nothing like a South La crawfish boil.  Suck them heads
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Options
    Options
    Cleaned up the shop a bit, dragged out all the stuff to be dragged back in later. Bought most of the veggies for the boil.  Made 200 plus cookies (but many are mysterious gone).  Brisket reheat via SV.  Set up most of the sound stuff, moved some amps and guitars and other instruments over. On schedule.
    Options
    So chapped that I can’t make it. Y’all have a great time, and post plenty of pics.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Enjoy, post up details....see you @ Brisket Camp
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    ok... where's the crawfish? where's the boil? Did y'all forget to set your alarm clocks??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    caliking said:
    ok... where's the crawfish? where's the boil? Did y'all forget to set your alarm clocks??
    the word on the street is they’re not starting until like 4pm or so today.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    You guys alive down there?
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Cleanup is done.
    Options
    Looks like a good time was had by all.  

@lousubcap must be one happy dude because every time I see a pic of him he is smiling ear to ear.  Cheers Cap 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.