Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Things About This Forum That Make You Laugh

I’ll start:

1) The Eggtoberfest 2020 thread.  How is that thing still pinned?  Lol
2) Nola.  
3) That the only troll accounts I can remember getting banned are MikeHauchertz and MahvagIzichi
4) The suggestion I’m ruining it
5) Stike’s continued attempts at forum food safety education 

And I know it’s Wednesday.  We’re on day 658 of a global pandemic.  Sue me.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I think @ImOldGregg got banned. I could be mistaken though. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I think you got an extra 300 days in your day-count there...or is that part of the hilarity?
    JohnInCarolina said:
     We’re on day 658 of a global pandemic. 

Has it been that long? Time sure flies when you are having fun  ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Lit. That guy is the only "real" troll left on the forum. He can turn this forum sideways with getting people going. (Even if it's not intentional) 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,938
    I think you got an extra 300 days in your day-count there...or is that part of the hilarity?
    It just feels like it's been forever.  I probably undersold it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    Nope.  Last active back in December.  
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I enjoy I folks that get fuzzed up and have to have the last word because, “sumbody dun wronged ‘em and called them a ________”
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH said:
    Awesome 👍

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited March 2021
    SGH said:
    I wish he would start back contributing. 

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    SciAggie said:
    I enjoy I folks that get fuzzed up and have to have the last word because, “sumbody dun wronged ‘em and called them a ________”

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    edited March 2021
    1. Those who have yet to experience and enjoy the Friday Zoom/Speakeasy sessions.  Golden opportunity missed-but a chance to remedy on 3/26!

(Edit) 2.  Those who seek advice/ guidance, get it and are never to be heard from again.
    (Edit) 3.  Those who get a response to their question/issue and then fail to follow it and wonder why things went south.  At least they fess up.  
    (Edit) 4.  My life as the Zoom/Speakeasy is dang near a locked-in mandatory event.  He!! 11 months on this Friday.  Check it out!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    lousubcap said:
    Those who have yet to experience and enjoy the Friday Zoom/Speakeasy sessions.  Golden opportunity missed-but a chance to remedy on 3/26!
    Plenty of laughs there!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    The paisley curtains, and especially the wainscoting.  WTF??  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• That the man can’t lock a genrator down.
  • Re: No. 3 - Wasn’t there a third amigo? Some Jean-of-the-Carolines or something like that?
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    I’ll start:

3) That the only troll accounts I can remember getting banned are MikeHauchertz and MahvagIzichi

Tweev

I can’t even remember the 2nd in your list 🤔

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Re: No. 3 - Wasn’t there a third amigo? Some Jean-of-the-Carolines or something like that?
    I wrote troll accounts.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    paqman said:
    I’ll start:

Tweev

I can’t even remember the 2nd in your list 🤔
    She had an, uhm, brief but highly entertaining stint here.
  • JohnInCarolina
    WeberWho said:
    Lit. That guy is the only "real" troll left on the forum. He can turn this forum sideways with getting people going. (Even if it's not intentional) 
    He’s been real quiet of late.  Probably been a thrilling month on the Price Is Right.
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    NOLA bumped a show-us-your-mancave thread from 2016.  Someone went back and flagged comments he made 5 years ago. 

Peak pettiness.  I got a kick out of that. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 43
    The troll accounts
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    I think the most funny, (ha-ha, like a clown funny) are some of the comedians here. I love to laugh, and my friends here have kept me rolling. 

Funny as in odd; not including me (although if anyone ever fits this column it is I) the drop off in participation this forum once had. 

I dunno. I see us posting many more “whatever happened to” threads than I have ever seen before.

Hope that part changes.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Pook
    Pook Posts: 43
    Mickey said:

Finally, someone on here gets it! 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    558,422. So far. Just in the USA. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The thing that makes me laugh: There is still an active thread about saws, but a thread about the NCAA tournament (that we didn’t enjoy last year) can’t stay on the first page of the forum. 
  • fork in the picture
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Unrelated people that have the same eagle in front of a stars and stripe avatar.