Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Any room in the cab for a couple of crawfish under the seats?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344

Nice touch having the taillights lighting up.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    just talked to a neighbor, all the catalytics were cut out of his work trucks last night. 8 trucks in 15 minutes and an unmarked uhaul with plates and numbers covered
    Those are huge right now. Those and F-250/350’s are being stolen at record paces so far this year. 
    Las Vegas, NV

Crawfish season just opened up. 1) Part of me says let the kid ease into forum shenanigans @JohnInCarolina  2) also this kid is me on steroids so choose battles carefully. He can be...a lot 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Crawfish season just opened up. 1) Part of me says let the kid ease into forum shenanigans @JohnInCarolina  2) also this kid is me on steroids so choose battles carefully. He can be...a lot 
    I look forward to meeting him someday.  Seriously though, that truck bed is one of the coolest things I’ve seen here in a while.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Counting down the hours ....4.5 more to go until I'm off for 9 days
  • DuckDogDr said:
    Counting down the hours ....4.5 more to go until I'm off for 9 days
    Nice. What will you do during your time off? I took 2 days off last week, giving me a 4 day weekend. The challenge is that there isn’t much to do in the present lockdowns. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Going to finish some purple martin poles, get at least one scuba dive in. Work on a fence for mine and my girlfriend's goat. Mechanic on my scout. Carve a few decoys and sleep !
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

Great practice for high school! 
    I got good money there will be one of these in your shop soon.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    just talked to a neighbor, all the catalytics were cut out of his work trucks last night. 8 trucks in 15 minutes and an unmarked uhaul with plates and numbers covered
    Those are huge right now. Those and F-250/350’s are being stolen at record paces so far this year. 

i watched the tape yesterday, way too methodical on how it was done. definitely someone he knows and someone thats been in the yard many times. right down to knowing where to aim the high beams on the uhaul to help blind out the camera. going to be loud for a while with straight pipes. too easy to do with the trucks sitting high and a battery sawzall
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331

i watched the tape yesterday, way too methodical on how it was done. definitely someone he knows and someone thats been in the yard many times. right down to knowing where to aim the high beams on the uhaul to help blind out the camera. going to be loud for a while with straight pipes. too easy to do with the trucks sitting high and a battery sawzall

Chain type ratcheting pipe cutters are common too. Noise free and fast.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    On a Zoom call. Started at 7:15. Scheduled to end at 11:30

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    shtgunal3 said:
    On a Zoom call. Started at 7:15. Scheduled to end at 11:30
    Good practice for the Friday forum Zoom/Speakeasy session.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

• Moving in the snow is bull$h!t but at least it’s got a great view. 

Now if we could just get the water working  :s

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Probably could braze some tungsten rods along the pipe where they would cut it.  It would knock down all the teeth on a sawzall blade or foil a pipe cutter. At least make it a motherf*cker to remove.

Watching NASA TV - hoping Perseverance lands successfully!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    something cool, when you bury a copper bushing in dry ice it sings like a loud tuning fork and vibrates the cooler

Nicely done!  Bet that is a relief.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • I started my hot pepper seeds a couple of hours ago: Aji Amarillo, Caribbean Hot Habanero, Jalapeño, and Chocolate Habanero. That ought to melt the ice.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Wondering how I incited the great "Bump" feeding frenzy.  But if it garners Zoom participants, then all is well.  Friday night 2/19-be there!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Watching the US women dominate the game, in all aspects except the score, over our friends up North. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Watching the NatGeo channel and a program about the Perseverance rover they just landed on Mars. 

I found it interesting they used old school black powder to deploy the supersonic parachute that holds a 2.7 billion dollar rover. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    SciAggie said:
    I found it interesting they used old school black powder to deploy the supersonic parachute that holds a 2.7 billion dollar rover. 
    As an explosives engineer for over half my career, this is interesting to me.  Never worked with black powder, but I've also never looked into properties below -60º F, nor properties in a vacuum, so I'm guessing BP has some advantages in those environments.    

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Botch We use BP charges to pressurize and separate the airframe on our amateur rockets. It’s far more reliable for us than Pyrodex or some CO2 devices - but we are amateurs. 
    I was really surprised they used it in that application as well. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @botch @SciAggie there's a great show on explosives that I watched the other day.  I'll look it up and let you know what it is (on my DVR), but I think it's Nova or something like it.  I am certain it will be available free online to stream, if Botch can watch on his dial-up is another question (or did you just upgrade?).
    @botch @SciAggie there's a great show on explosives that I watched the other day.  I'll look it up and let you know what it is (on my DVR), but I think it's Nova or something like it.  I am certain it will be available free online to stream, if Botch can watch on his dial-up is another question (or did you just upgrade?).
    Please share, I am interested too.  I might have to go to a Starbucks to watch it though.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Oh damn, you're cruel!  
    I've had a 26 Mbps connection for many years now, slow but its the best I have available (besides direct satellite linkup, which is beyond my technical skillset).
    It's fine for movies or streaming, for me (and actually have never streamed a full movie, I'm a book guy).  It slowed terribly when @AnusMan posted 248 hi-rez photos of shaving foam, and 156 forum members replied without deleting anything.  I still get grief from that, but it is what it is.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.