Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    they need something in the sky to track all the Bill Gates vaccine microchips
    Options
    The 1st stage saw the seagulls on the landing barge and diverted into the ocean in order to save the birds
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Adjusting travel plans. Can’t get from DEN to BNA today. Heck, can't get anywhere today. Thankful for 7 months of sobriety, I just don't get upset at everything the way I used to. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Put together a mobile base for a planer...(last night)
    Options
    TTC said:
    Adjusting travel plans. Can’t get from DEN to BNA today. Heck, can't get anywhere today. Thankful for 7 months of sobriety, I just don't get upset at everything the way I used to. 
    Thought you had gone to utah this time?  Either way, you hit the snows just right, hope you had a good skication.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• TTC
    Options
    Botch said:
    TTC said:
    Thought you had gone to utah this time?  Either way, you hit the snows just right, hope you had a good skication.  
    Utah a week ago with my college roommate/still great friend, now just finishing up a long weekend in Winter Park, Colorado with my daughter. Someone has to do it. I might have substituted one addiction for another.....

Ikon pass 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Do you sleep?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    TTC said:
    Botch said:
    TTC said:
    Utah a week ago with my college roommate/still great friend, now just finishing up a long weekend in Winter Park, Colorado with my daughter. Someone has to do it. I might have substituted one addiction for another.....
    There are worse addictions...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,486
    Options
    TTC said:
    Botch said:
    Utah a week ago with my college roommate/still great friend, now just finishing up a long weekend in Winter Park, Colorado with my daughter. 
    Big Cottonwood Canyon was closed this morning, supposedly opening soon (noonish) and Little Cottonwood is closed for the whole day.  The folks staying at the ski areas can't go out, avalanche control can't keep up even in the ski areas proper.   :o  

• TTC
    Options
    Detour to Red Red Rocks for a photo op (and I’ve never been) 

Ikon pass 

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    I just put those same casters on a  welding table of mine. The table is 400lbs, I'm really hoping they can hold up for a bit. Not much out there for retractable casters
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    poster said:
    I just put those same casters on a  welding table of mine. The table is 400lbs, I'm really hoping they can hold up for a bit. Not much out there for retractable casters
    They are advertised as supporting 600 lbs collectively.  There was a set that was rated at 900.  I'm just putting a planer on this, so not too worried.

Options
    bucky925 said:
    Sitting here being very impatient because I can't get my hands on my precious granddaughter .  F...ING covid.

Congratulations!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    Losing weight....

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Trying a new scalloped potatoes recipe. It’s by Jaques Pépin so it has to be good. We’re low on milk so I’m using chicken broth for the liquid (the good stuff)  
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Trying to figure out why my IPhone 12 loses Bluetooth sync with my Mazda 3. Can’t even play a full song without it crashing, resyncing, and reverting to FM radio. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Trying to figure out why my IPhone 12 loses Bluetooth sync with my Mazda 3. Can’t even play a full song without it crashing, resyncing, and reverting to FM radio. 
    did you try resetting the infotainment system/bluetooth?  There's a three button combo you hit for like 10 seconds.  Sometimes that fixes that kind of problem.

edited February 2021
    Options
    Anyone know why a gas range would have a very low flame? I had to turn our gas line off at the house yesterday (LP) and after I turned it back on everything worked fine except the gas range. Just getting very low output. 

Does that mean there's air in the line? If so, how do you purge it? I've let stove run for 20+ minutes and it didn't seem to help. Maybe my regulator's going bad? 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    @SonVolt,

low flow across all burners? That’s indicative of a bad regulator, not just air in the line. Can you separate the line at the appliance to see if there’s any trash present? Could be something simple like the diaphragm is stuck on the regulator after you turned the LP back on
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Switch to android
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Lots of snow last night! 
    Plow truck down with ground issue. 
    RTV called up! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited February 2021
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    @SonVolt,

low flow across all burners? That’s indicative of a bad regulator, not just air in the line. Can you separate the line at the appliance to see if there’s any trash present? Could be something simple like the diaphragm is stuck on the regulator after you turned the LP back on

Yep, low across all burners. I didn't separate the line b/c it's getting late but I did unscrew the cap and checked the spring. Didn't seem to help. 

Any idea what the red switch is? 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 688
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    ColbyLang said:
    @SonVolt,

Yep, low across all burners. I didn't separate the line b/c it's getting late but I did unscrew the cap and checked the spring. Didn't seem to help. 

Any idea what the red switch is? 

There are also some protections for high flow to protect against leaks. Maybe turn the gas off and drain the line and then open the valve very slowly? Sounds like you'd just have to do it at the stove. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,486
    Options
    Following @SonVolt's issue here.  I realized yesterday that one of my cooktop's rear burners (not one of the 24K BTU burners, and not the Simmer burner) can't maintain a boil in my average stockpot.  The flame underneath looks sufficient.  Odd.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Anyone know why a gas range would have a very low flame? I had to turn our gas line off at the house yesterday (LP) and after I turned it back on everything worked fine except the gas range. Just getting very low output. 

Does that mean there's air in the line? If so, how do you purge it? I've let stove run for 20+ minutes and it didn't seem to help. Maybe my regulator's going bad? 

I had a bad regulator on an oven once.  Went bad after 1 year of use.  Found a replacement off ebay for $40 (vs the $250 new they wanted to charge).  Many ovens use interchangeable regulators, so that helps widen your parts search.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    did you try resetting the infotainment system/bluetooth?  There's a three button combo you hit for like 10 seconds.  Sometimes that fixes that kind of problem.

We reinstalled the infotainment software at the Mazda dealership and repaired the phone to no avail. Since I posted I let the cell phone company have a crack at it. I am selling the car within two months so it won’t bother me. But I have a valid extended warranty in case the infotainment system needs replaced. I hate selling other people my problems.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Switch to android
    Been there, done that, bought the stupid tee shirt. My first smartphone was a Galaxy 1. The charging port crashed when the phone was one year and one day old. I was in the middle of a two year phone contract, the manufacturers warranty was for 1 year. I had to pay off the contract and sign up for a new one. My work had already provided me an iPhone 4S for a business phone and it was rock solid. I went Apple 🍏 and never looked back. This is my first problem with an iPhone and it might actually be a problem with Apple phobic Mazda.