Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Wilco may have been the brain, but SonVolt was the heart and soul of Uncle Tupelo. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    @SonVolt if you have a straight on picture of the blue star I bet you could easily photoshop it into your current setup and see how it would look. My first thought is that blue is going to blend with your floors and the gold/bronze is going to clash with your countertops. I think that blue needs a light colored floor that would show the contrast and make that blue pop. Just my thoughts. We went through the same thing recently when we dropped too much on a new range. Regardless you are going to love it.

Great advice. Here's some shoddy photoshopping. I think the antique brass looks ok, but it could technically "clash", idk.  The wife loves the painted door, I like the all stainless... this could get bloody.

Dunno why, but that makes me think about the John Player Special which I thought was the coolest car in the world when I was 10.
    Options
    That’s reason enough to pull the trigger. Wife damned. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    That’s reason enough to pull the trigger. Wife damned. 
    My wife and I say go for it. 🙂
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @SonVolt pull the trigger! That thing looks sharp in your kitchen. Goes to show I can’t envision color schemes very well!
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Did @biggeeendave do the photoshopping for you??
    Snellville, GA

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @sonvolt I think it looks fine. If you wanted to go nuts you could paint the bottom cabinets blue and change all the hardware to match the stove. But I wouldn’t!

@loco_engr just finished ours. Ended up with Bosch AC and Trane furnace. The furnace is about the size of a shoebox - quite remarkable!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    WeberWho said:
    SonVolt said:
    Maybe. Sitting with my finger on the trigger. 

That color combo is sweet if it matches your color scheme. I'd be all over it. It looks really nice. 

Here's our current setup. It's got a lot of yellows and golds, so I think I can make the antique brass handle work, just not sure about the greyish-blue door.  We've got dark slate tiles floors (which I'm not a huge fan of) so not sure if that matches or clashes with the painted oven door. I don't have an eye for these sorts of things.  

I have that same stove!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Scott805 said:
    SonVolt said:
    WeberWho said:
    SonVolt said:
    Maybe. Sitting with my finger on the trigger. 

That color combo is sweet if it matches your color scheme. I'd be all over it. It looks really nice. 

Here's our current setup. It's got a lot of yellows and golds, so I think I can make the antique brass handle work, just not sure about the greyish-blue door.  We've got dark slate tiles floors (which I'm not a huge fan of) so not sure if that matches or clashes with the painted oven door. I don't have an eye for these sorts of things.  

I have that same stove!

It's a great stove! It was here when we moved in 10+ years ago, so I have no idea what it originally cost. Just been having trouble lately maintain temps, smelling gas, and now it seems the convection fan is going out. I've had the repairmen out twice already the last couple of years, so I think it's about time to put her out to pasture. 
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac colleague’s wife is in year 2 of vet med, I shared this with them, quote: “laughed until we cried and now being shared with vetmed classmates”. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac colleague’s wife is in year 2 of vet med, I shared this with them, quote: “laughed until we cried and now being shared with vetmed classmates”. 
    Haha!  Glad it reaches an audience that appreciates it 😁
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I've had some lower back pain since logging and chopping up the fallen poplar before Christmas. Getting old and a lifetime of slouching / bending wrong for lifting has caught up with me. I came across this company and bought their Back Up and Lumbar Jack, which arrived from the US last week. I've consistently worn the belt to stop bad bending habits, and the back up when seated. After 1 day, I was sleeping soundly with no pain and moving more easily. The injury is still there, but it's so much better now. Great products, if a bit niche interest.

https://www.nadachair.com/product/back-up/
    @Eoin - Dealing with the lower back pain and associated arthritis for years I just ordered the Back Up.  Can't be any worse than where I am now.  Thanks for the nudge, independent of the results.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hose came in.
    Options
    Shopping for secondary dive computer. About to sign up for my solo course 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Eoin said:
    I've had some lower back pain since logging and chopping up the fallen poplar before Christmas. Getting old and a lifetime of slouching / bending wrong for lifting has caught up with me. I came across this company and bought their Back Up and Lumbar Jack, which arrived from the US last week. I've consistently worn the belt to stop bad bending habits, and the back up when seated. After 1 day, I was sleeping soundly with no pain and moving more easily. The injury is still there, but it's so much better now. Great products, if a bit niche interest.

@Eoin - Dealing with the lower back pain and associated arthritis for years I just ordered the Back Up.  Can't be any worse than where I am now.  Thanks for the nudge, independent of the results.  

a simple daily water pill to lower my blood pressure seems to have cured my back problem after a 40 year helll of sciatica. been over a year and i dont know where my crutches are
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Eoin said:

a simple daily water pill to lower my blood pressure seems to have cured my back problem after a 40 year helll of sciatica. been over a year and i dont know where my crutches are
    I might have to try water pills.  Have had 2 back surgeries and am not wanting a third.  My sciatica is starting to act up again.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    Options
    it seems to be a side effect i wasnt expecting and its a tiny dose of 12.5 mg chlorthalidone daily, limit salt, increase coffee to 5 cups at the advice of a liver doc, and stop taking ibruprofen every 3 hours. still get some backpain from over working but zero sciatica for me now
    fukahwee maine

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @fishlessman I am sadly taking ibuprofen like pez these days.  Will most certainly look into it.  Thank you. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    Options
    @fishlessman I am sadly taking ibuprofen like pez these days.  Will most certainly look into it.  Thank you. 

the ibuprofen acts like a salt, probably a reason my bp was off the charts. as soon as i started the diuretic, the pain started to go away, the bp had a dramatic drop, and i ended up with a pill cutter to halve the prescription. now i have a bottle ibuprofen sitting next to the bed at home and camp, a bottle sitting in the bathroom home and camp, a bottle next to my chair home and camp, a bottle on my desk, a bottle in the shop restroom, a bottle in the truck, a bottle in the boat, a bottle in my fishing vest ....ive maybe taken one maybe three times in the last 14 months for a muscle pull
    fukahwee maine

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Acupuncture was a miracle for me. It was my last option I had before surgery and it eliminated my pain. 
    I have had good results for other issues as well. Some people, my wife, experiences are not as successful, she is still smoking.

That session on my spine was fourteen years ago and still pian free.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    And they say this is just a forum for cooking.  I usually come here for most questions.  Thanks guys.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Eoin said:

Glad to hear that buddy.  I imagine that's a huge change for you.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Acupuncture was a miracle for me. It was my last option I had before surgery and it eliminated my pain. 
    I have had good results for other issues as well. 
    After my Lasik surgery I had "dry eye", had to use eyedrops all the time, but longer than the couple weeks that is common.  Surgeon suggested acupuncture, I kinda poo-poo'd the idea, but Blue Cross covered it, so gave it a try.  No more dry eye in a couple days, and its been permanent.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Botch said:
    MasterC said:
    I have had good results for other issues as well. 
    After my Lasik surgery I had "dry eye", had to use eyedrops all the time, but longer than the couple weeks that is common.  Surgeon suggested acupuncture, I kinda poo-poo'd the idea, but Blue Cross covered it, so gave it a try.  No more dry eye in a couple days, and its been permanent.  
    Happy to hear that.

It cost me a $70 office visit and $50 treatment 18 years ago to quit smoking, it worked.
    Best investment I ever made.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Eoin said:

Glad to hear that buddy.  I imagine that's a huge change for you.

you would think that telling a doctor you start your day with 3 ibuprofens before lifting your head off the pillow would throw up some flags and i would do that pain or not just in case. anyways, now i can sneeze, tie a shoe, stretch my toes, pick up a sheet of paper off a desk and hopefully am not out for 3 to 9 months grinning and bearing it......mostly something insanely stupid would set it off
    fukahwee maine

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    MasterC said:
    I have had good results for other issues as well. Some people, my wife, experiences are not as successful, she is still smoking.

That session on my spine was fourteen years ago and still pian free.
    Took WAY longer then originally planned, but it saved my elbow from getting sliced up. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
         I had  problems with sciatica since my forties.  Finally a neurosurgeon did a spinal laminectomy and cleaned the arthritis junk away from the sciatic nerve root exits between the vertebrae.  I have some permanent nerve and muscle damage from pinching the nerves though.  I can walk and talk and cut wood, so I'm okay.  Also got a handicap license on my pickup and a handicap  placard for the Forester or any other vehicle I am in.  I don't use them, I am so glad not to have to. 
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • gabriegger
    Options
    Collings OM-1 incredible acoustic with great sound. Bunch of strings for this and my 1980 Guild D-40, 2 mandolins and 2 fiddles

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini