Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Foghorn said:

@CPFC1905, I'll take credit for getting closer to the CPFC outcome than you did.  It seems that Sheffield's offense is so hapless that they can't even score on the sieve-like Palace defense.  And the Sheffield defense was remarkable in their "we defend like a youth team in the 10 year old division" resemblance.

I'll give you the Spurs nod - at least on their side of the scoring.
    FA Cup next week and then immediately in to a tricky-to-call set of midweek fixtures.  City at home to Brighton looks the closest to a certainty out of 8 matches.

Transfer window is now open plus the hectic Festive season tends to yield injuries.  It's this time of year that the deepest squads rise up the table. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 260
    Options
    Wondering where my $600 is. 
    Oh wait, that’s not for everyone 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    Ran by Ace and they finally had Rockwood in stock. I nearly cried. I had been having to resort to B&B and Cowboy. The B&B wasn’t too bad, but it had weird smell, almost chemical-ly. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Ran by Ace and they finally had Rockwood in stock. I nearly cried. I had been having to resort to B&B and Cowboy. The B&B wasn’t too bad, but it had weird smell, almost chemical-ly. 
    I hear you.  I got some of the B&B as a gift, and figured I’d try it.  It smells and burns fairly differently from Rockwood.  I don’t think I’ll use it again unless I have to.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Options
    I hear you.  I got some of the B&B as a gift, and figured I’d try it.  It smells and burns fairly differently from Rockwood.  I don’t think I’ll use it again unless I have to.
    They’ve been out of Rockwood since like April/May. I ran through the BGE, Fogo (which was oddly sparky) and B&B. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    They’ve been out of Rockwood since like April/May. I ran through the BGE, Fogo (which was oddly sparky) and B&B. 
    For whatever reason my local ACE has always had plenty of Rockwood, but I also stocked up at the very beginning of the pandemic.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,403
    Options
    Gotta admit that I don't get the deal with "out of Rockwood" concerns as it is always available from their site, linked here:
    https://store.rockwoodcharcoal.com/  

Until around 4-5 years ago, Rockwood did not provide the on-line order option as their charcoal was easily ordered and shipped from Firecraft.  When Firecraft removed charcoal from their catalog Rockwood stood up the above direct on-line option to ensure continued ease of availability.  Much appreciated here.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Options
    For whatever reason my local ACE has always had plenty of Rockwood, but I also stocked up at the very beginning of the pandemic.
    I don’t think this a very big charcoal cooker market. The majority of people here have Traeger. Ace just started carrying BGE in the store around a year ago. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Options

Also just got some Texas pecans in the mail. Going to make some candied pecans that someone posted here a week or two ago. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Battleborn Oh, or a nice pecan pie... Nice score. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Battleborn
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @Battleborn Oh, or a nice pecan pie... Nice score. 
    That is more of my MIL’s domain. My wife and her family are Texans and Collin Street Bakery fruitcake is a staple around the holidays. We ordered a tin of the pecans this year too and ate them plain. Saw the candied pecans on here a few weeks ago and ordered another tin for that. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Options

Got the thrown on and dusted with this. They smell amazing already. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Got the thrown on and dusted with this. They smell amazing already. 
    You roasting those in the oven, or putting some smoke on in the BGE?
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    In know you have a lot of kids @kl8ton but it is kinda getting out of hand...
    I may need a chiropractor. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @lousubcap - she’s a beaut!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    lousubcap:
    “all it is is a reverse seared, caveman Creekstone prime rib eye”
    You can post a cook like this anytime. I like it. Good eats for sure. I would post back your famous line, but I don’t think luck had anything to do with this cook. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Great work on that one, @lousubcap
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Wasn't thinking about posting this cook as all it is is a reverse seared, caveman Creekstone prime rib eye.  But the flavour and texture were great so here you go.  It started as a little over a pound with a small bone on-great for caveman flipping.  Just trust your instant read and enjoy any protein to the finish of your choice.

It did eat extremely well.
    Stay healthy and safe out there.  
    Damn Cap! 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Well, now I’m hungry.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Used beer yeast for this bread.  Just pulled it out of the oven, haven't tried yet.  No, I didn't score it, obviously.