Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    Looks great, @caliking! I've got a boneless six-pounder salted and sitting in the fridge for tomorrow. What temp and how long did this one take?
    Thanks. 250F, indirect,  for about 3hrs until it hit 120. Then pulled the stone, and seared on all sides until IT 130.

This one was probably similar to yours re weight. I trimmed the 3 bones off,  and saved them for later. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    Thanks @Mattman3969 , @SciAggie. Happy New Year to you and yours, as well.

@lousubcap it was a 40th birthday gift from caliqueen. Local knife maker, custom fit for my hand. It's so nice, that  I'm afraid to use it!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Acn said:

New Year’s Eve dinner was mostly based on leftovers, but we did fry some bacon and make a homemade blue cheese dressing for a nice wedge salad.
    I love those. Mine never look that good though. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Bourbon blind tasting complete for 2020. Tonight's flavours (nod):

Stagg followed by the DO as the other two were at least half an order of magnitude in arrears.  That Elijah Craig was barrel strength and purchased at the Heaven Hill distillery (supposedly the only source,,,), 80 km (one way) road trip.  The drive was fun!
    Happy New Year.
    See ya on the other side!
    Pacing now to get to 2021 tonight!
    Good grief, great lineup! The DO is by far lagging behind those other offerings. To each their own , but the peerless and the Elijah Craig are easily better Pours, and the Stagg, please. One can debate stagg. Vs EC barrel proof, but the other two are a level down and I would argue the peerless is a level above the DO. All are great pours and I’d be happy getting schnockered to any of them.  Enjoy!
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Love this.  Because I have read a number of these posts I have come to realize that you stick to the party line and what seems like the most likely scenario -but the players rarely oblige.  

So, just keep it interesting I'm going to quibble with some of your predictions.  

I don't see Spurs and Leeds scoring so much but the outcome will be as you predict - just 2-1.

I appreciate that you are overcompensating for your Palace bias, but they will score on Sheffield - twice in fact.  With that said, their defense is so bad that the final score will be 2-1.

Chelsea will be up for Man City - it will be 1-1.
    My dear friend and first victim to be drawn in to my vortex of despair.  
    Can't disagree with your refinements at all.  

There's a backdrop of discontent about late notice Covid postponements amid the hectic schedule causing some teams to get a rest while others are back to back.   Uncertainty breeds negative tactics so lower goal tallies are likely. 

And congratulations on getting a flag for your post.   =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Fired up the beast and waiting for it to stabilize.

I'm going to take my first try at a double smoked maple bourbon glazed ham using the @egret method.

Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,499
    Options
    Thanks @JohnInCarolina.  Learned something new with that cook.  Looks great.
    Happy New Year!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Made Shakshuka for New Year’s breakfast - not bad!

Really nice breakfast right there!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Happy New Year, all! We celebrated the New York Ball Drop at nine our time with some bubbly, and then celebrated the local west coast New Year with, wait for it, more bubbly! Somehow we managed to leave some for a breakfast celebration.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just hit 140. Gonna foil soon dont want too much bark since its getting sliced.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Watching salt fat heat acid.  This episode is about salt.  Watching the old world style of making soy sauce in Japan.  Really cool. What a rabbit hole.  Japan produces around 4,000 different salts. I now want wooden barrel made soy sauce.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • 1voyager
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - That looks fantastic! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    1voyager said:
    @JohnInCarolina - That looks fantastic! 
    Thanks!  It’s really easy to make, and actually reasonably good for you.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • 1voyager
    Options
    Started this 10 pound spiral cut ham @ 8:00am. It will go about 5 hours to 140 internal temperature. I'll add glaze when the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @TTC My wife and I stayed there one time when we lived in Colorado. We showed up and it was green grass. By the time we woke up we had a foot of snow. It’s beautiful this time of year. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    Options
    Watching ND get spanked. This one is just about over
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Watching ND get spanked. This one is just about over
    Agreed. Just set a world record for most "wows" uttered watching that run to set up that last touchdown. Wow!
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,499
    Options
    Any ND beat down is great.  I am gearing up to open the Speakeasy-
    Drop in between games this PM.  Opens at 5 PM (EST) to celebrate the passing of 2020!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Made Shakshuka for New Year’s breakfast - not bad!

Nice. That's one of my favorites. 

Today's lunch...... 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    Is there some kind of trick to peeling off just once slice from a package of thinly-sliced prosciutto? I see pics of all kinds of Noms (wrapped asparagus spears, pizzas, etc) with whole slices of prosciutto, but they just fall apart when I try it. 'waving the stack for a few seconds didn't help.

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    bucky925 said:

Happy New Year!
    Nice, solid cornbread!  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,860
    Options
    "Man Utd v Villa, Ole’s lads up to 2nd and looking a credible top 4 outfit now.  Villa are keeping the good times alive too and this will be a fair contest.  A 2-1 home win possibly achieved through a dubious penalty."

@CPFC1905, I've only seen the scoreline - so I don't know how dubious the penalty was - but regardless of that, I have to give you credit for nailing that one.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX