Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

I think it's going to be leftovers for us; and I feel the urge to bake some professional cookies using a recipe derived from the scientific method.  Posted by (I'd have to look) on my cookie thread.

Tasty Beverage:  Dr Pepper

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I’m making brown stock tonight. Reduce to demi-glace tomorrow. Dinner will be the “cook’s special”. Leftover chicken, pasta, and other secret refrigerator ingredients. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I’m not a chef or a doctor. I guess I don’t get to play. Oh well, we’ll probably have takeout anyway. The kid has a basketball game.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Buffalo Wild Wings pickup. We had a busy day and gift cards that are 2 years old.  I’m a sucker for the spicy garlic.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Buffalo Wild Wings pickup. We had a busy day and gift cards that are 2 years old.  I’m a sucker for the spicy garlic.
    The Kroger brand spicy garlic wing sauce is a great replica of the Bdubs. That’s what the wifey likes when I make wings. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I think it's going to be leftovers for us; and I feel the urge to bake some professional cookies using a recipe derived from the scientific method.  Posted by (I'd have to look) on my cookie thread.

Tasty Beverage:  Dr Pepper
    Go for it cook. 
  • Buffalo Wild Wings pickup. We had a busy day and gift cards that are 2 years old.  I’m a sucker for the spicy garlic.
    The Kroger brand spicy garlic wing sauce is a great replica of the Bdubs. That’s what the wifey likes when I make wings. 
    Thanks for the heads up- will try to find some next time I’m in a Kroger, hopefully Christmas 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Grilled marinated quail. 
    Wild rice with cranberry and pine nuts. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Dr Dennis is Chef-ing that gour-met sh!t!   You give that bidet a workout, man!
    Buffalo Wild Wings pickup. We had a busy day and gift cards that are 2 years old.  I’m a sucker for the spicy garlic.
    Our Kroger had a display of BDubs sauces when I was there this weekend. I’m pretty sure the spicy garlic was in there as well. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Left overs

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I think chef has outplayed bass boat 10-1 at this point, although nobody has called the cops yet on a cook impostering a chef.  There’s still time.

@TEXASBGE2018 I think you’re in the clear, you won’t have to worry about people bringing up bass boat or the time you called the HOA AND the cops on that cook that parked his bass boat in the yard.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Leftover soup with some cornbread.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I’m watching “Chef” on Netflix so in a little under 2 hours I’ll be more chef’d than I am now. 
    I think

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Very busy day - start w 2 cans of Progresso Tuscan White Bean soup, but making it mine by adding diced homemade meatballs, elbow macaroni, some herbs and spices.  Serve with grated Parmesan and cayenne pepper.  Add a crusty bread and it's a nice meal.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Very busy day - start w 2 cans of Progresso Tuscan White Bean soup, but making it mine by adding diced homemade meatballs, elbow macaroni, some herbs and spices.  
    ???

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Dr Dennis is Chef-ing that gour-met sh!t!   You give that bidet a workout, man!
    The wings guy will need it more than me!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnEggGio
    Botch said:
    Very busy day - start w 2 cans of Progresso Tuscan White Bean soup, but making it mine by adding diced homemade meatballs, elbow macaroni, some herbs and spices.  
    ???
    Yes, I acknowledge I owe a meatball post.  Thing is, I don't measure anything.  
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Just a pic of "diced meatballs" will suffice....  :|

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Wife made my least favorite meal, meat loaf. I’ll appreciate it when I’m old and have to gum my food I guess. 

You know there are other kinds of cookies besides choc chip right? We can probably hook you up with some chef-quality recipes....
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    blind99 said:
    Wife made my least favorite meal, meat loaf. I’ll appreciate it when I’m old and have to gum my food I guess. 

You know there are other kinds of cookies besides choc chip right? We can probably hook you up with some chef-quality recipes....

Now that Chef has a juicer I expect to see at least a few batches of lemon sugar cookies.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnEggGio
    Botch said:
    Just a pic of "diced meatballs" will suffice....  :|
    😂. Best as I could, they were dice-sized cubes - best to do while partially frozen.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Mini tacos 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Spaghetti and meatballs

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    blind99 said:

blasphemer

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.