Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Long day, so changed dinner plans and went something easy and classic

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:
    That's the education racket for you....  At all levels
    Please expand on this, I’m not sure I understand your point.
    They get their money no matter the circumstances.   

Pretty simple actually.  

I’m sorry I don’t have a crayon font for you.  That might make it easier for you to comprehend.  
    I don’t understand your comment about this being a racket, as in there is something inherently nefarious or unethical about this.  We all pay taxes to fund public education.  Government dictates what they deliver.  This isn’t a profitable service, it’s not a restaurant trying to change you for meals you may or may not eat.

Private school is a choice, an option.  Some are profit-oriented, some are not.  Wide range there, but they’re all a choice, an alternative to public school.  Just like taxes supporting public schools don’t go away regardless of what the schools are able to deliver (eg pandemic conditions), this school is saying they need their $ to keep the lights on, cost of choosing them and signing up.  Take it or leave it.

It's a failing institution, at all levels, that just throwing more money at won't fix it.  We throw buckets of money at it, and the product is garbage at so pretty much every level.  The libs have run our education system into the ground and turned it into a **** bureaucracy run by Amway.

Hey what about, "When they took God out of the schools, the guns came in"?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • This guy, theTrim is pretty smart, actually. 

Said no one, ever. 
  • thetrim said:
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:

Pretty simple actually.  

I’m sorry I don’t have a crayon font for you.  That might make it easier for you to comprehend.  
    I don’t understand your comment about this being a racket, as in there is something inherently nefarious or unethical about this.  We all pay taxes to fund public education.  Government dictates what they deliver.  This isn’t a profitable service, it’s not a restaurant trying to change you for meals you may or may not eat.

Private school is a choice, an option.  Some are profit-oriented, some are not.  Wide range there, but they’re all a choice, an alternative to public school.  Just like taxes supporting public schools don’t go away regardless of what the schools are able to deliver (eg pandemic conditions), this school is saying they need their $ to keep the lights on, cost of choosing them and signing up.  Take it or leave it.

It's a failing institution, at all levels, that just throwing more money at won't fix it.  We throw buckets of money at it, and the product is garbage at so pretty much every level.  The libs have run our education system into the ground and turned it into a **** bureaucracy run by Amway.

Yes, you are right.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @JohnInCarolina Beat me to it. Dang it. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    thetrim said:
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:

Pretty simple actually.  

Clearly the education system has failed some.

So, you’re on to public schools now, but your original comment was related to a private school.  Is that right?
  • thetrim
    Good to see some consensus on John's ego thread.

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Something tells me @thetrim just saw the out-of-state tuition bill for the University of Nebraska.  
  • Which button do I push to report a murder in this thread?
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    Which button do I push to report a murder in this thread?
    Did someone say murder?
    Las Vegas, NV

Did someone say murder?
    It depends.  Do you read out loud? 🤔
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
    Did someone say murder?

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Anorectal ring. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    Something tells me @thetrim just saw the out-of-state tuition bill for the University of Nebraska.  

That's funny.  As soon as my son got word of a "full-ish" ride to any Florida State school, the "Go Big Red" Dream took a big hit.  He has about a 60% scholarship to Nebraska.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Congrats Longhorns on winning the Maui Invitational!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    Something tells me @thetrim just saw the out-of-state tuition bill for the University of Nebraska.  

That's funny.  As soon as my son got word of a "full-ish" ride to any Florida State school, the "Go Big Red" Dream took a big hit.  He has about a 60% scholarship to Nebraska.
    So you won’t be paying full price for a steaming pile of hot garbage?  I bet that feels like a real victory...
  • thetrim

Apparently, she wasn't happy and/or participating with either the dental or dermatological health care plans....
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim said:

So you won’t be paying full price for a steaming pile of hot garbage?  I bet that feels like a real victory...

If you think their aren't issues with "higher education" in the US, what can I say?  The pricing on it is more of a hockey stick that what Al Gore presented in his stupid climate movie.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

If you think their aren't issues with "higher education" in the US, what can I say?  The pricing on it is more of a hockey stick that what Al Gore presented in his stupid climate movie.
    Yes, you are right.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Something in the matrix just shimmered and glitched....

You mean to tell me there are market forces at work here?  And someone told me you were in sales...
  • nolaegghead
    Non-OT is the new OT

edited December 2020
    Carebear Stare!

• nolaegghead
    You're up late.  Are you in CST?
    lousubcap said:
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  Glad it worked out.
    @WeberWho - any idea the cause?  
    @lousubcap There wasn't any clear indication of what happened when we first looked it over. I stepped away for a few minutes and next thing I know the truck was finished and my wife was waiting in it. We were on a time crunch as my wife had to get back home to take her Grandma to a Dr. appointment. Otherwise I would have taken the few extra minutes to track down the technician to see what happened. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • You're up late.  Are you in CST?
    Insomnia, MST
  • nolaegghead
    I knew that.
    Wondering just how much thinner one's patience can wear down before...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk