Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It’s on like Donkey Kong!!... Thanksgiving 2020 - show us whatcha got

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Incredible menus, cooks, banquets and presentations right here.  Everyone has brought their "A" game to this thread.  Impressive across the board especially for the creativity and variety.  What a place to revisit for the 2021 Thanksgiving.
    Keep 'em coming.
    Congrats to all.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @JohnEggGio Beautiful setting and banquet right there.  Enjoy as I'm sure you will.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

Please let your kids know that they put together a terrific spread.

I'm assuming that your daughter made the top left & top right items. The one on the right looks particularly good, but I'd like to hear about the other one too. 
    Yes.  Yes they did.  Although we discovered that we were out of yeast - so the bread on the right is from canned crescent rolls with homemade pesto.  

The potatoes were some fancy recipe that involved boiling the slices in milk - then baking them with cheese - then cutting them into squares and frying them. 

The Brussels sprouts were reportedly a Bobby Flay recipe.  Bacon, pomegranate, pistachio, balsamic vinegar.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Sweet100s
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Kind of had to cram the pan in but I think it will work. 
    Hey there @buzd504, how many pounds was that turkey? 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,520
    Options
    Looks spot on! You got to 165F??  How was it, juicy??
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    Not a great picture, but turned out great.  Injected with butter, chicken stock, lemon juice, and herbs.  Raised direct at 325-350.  I love it when you go to pick it up and the legs and thighs just come off.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    buzd504 said:
    Kind of had to cram the pan in but I think it will work. 
    Hey there @buzd504, how many pounds was that turkey? 

@Sweet100s about 13lbs, I think
    NOLA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    I love leftover day.
    I'm thinking waffles made from leftover stuffing are on the cards for tomorrow. 
    Thank you for this.  Now any leftovers I eat today will have the aftertaste of inadequacy.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    I love leftover day.
    Thank you for this.  Now any leftovers I eat today will have the aftertaste of inadequacy.
    I have eaten this meal many times.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    I love leftover day.

Damn! That sounds great.

I've made stuffing into patties; pan fried them for crispness and used them as the base for eggs Benedict with gravy over the top of the poached egg. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    I love leftover day.

Damn! That sounds great.

I've made stuffing into patties; pan fried them for crispness and used them as the base for eggs Benedict with gravy over the top of the poached egg. 

Oh damn. You gave me an idea for lunch. Hold my beer...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    These stuffing ideas are killing me.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Options
    We’ve made crab cake type patties before with stuffing, chopped turkey, mashed potatoes, etc, and fried those up.  Damn good.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:
    We’ve made crab cake type patties before with stuffing, chopped turkey, mashed potatoes, etc, and fried those up.  Damn good.
    That sounds really good. Top it with a Cajun bearnaise or hollandaise sauce, maybe?

I need to revisit this thread next November. So I can plan my Thanksgiving grocery shopping with leftovers in mind, vs. the Thanksgiving meal itself. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    That sounds really good. Top it with a Cajun bearnaise or hollandaise sauce, maybe?

I need to revisit this thread next November. So I can plan my Thanksgiving grocery shopping with leftovers in mind, vs. the Thanksgiving meal itself. 
    We used leftover mushroom Parmesan bechamel that we put on the green beans. 

NOLA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Looks like all the bidets paid dividends last night and today,
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:

We always make a second pan of cornbread/sourdough stuffing just for leftovers.  You can always make more mashed potatoes, but nobody wants to make more stuffing.