Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It’s on like Donkey Kong!!... Thanksgiving 2020 - show us whatcha got

Comments

• gmanrva said:

Before I even saw your signature line all I could think was that looked like a view from the Outer Banks.  
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    @chucktee looks great, your grid was 275F?  What was your dome temp?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Herb butter stuffed breast roulade wrapped in skin (meat glued) ready for the bath. 
    Yum!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Turkey coming along nicely.  

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    edited November 2020
    Turkey coming along nicely.  

@4TheGrillOfIt Beautiful bird, do mind sharing your technique beyond the spatchcock? I love the color.
  • @chucktee looks great, your grid was 275F?  What was your dome temp?

Thanks!  The dome tracked about 10 degrees higher.  Probably.  I have to admit I don't watch the dome temp as closely after I get the cook started.

Huntsville, AL
    LBGE -- KAB -- PSWoo and extender -- and a nice pair of tongs
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    ryantt said:
    Happy T-Day @caliking  and the rest of this band of misfits.  

Good lord. I wish I could bake a loaf that looked that good.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and yours, as well, @ryantt.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    It brings tears to my eyes to see all this awesomeness going down. 

This is what eggheads, and BBQ, are all about. Cooking your heart out, for your loved ones.  

To all the pinheads who whine about the forum, folks on here, whatever... suck it.
    If it were only safer on here they could post all their amazing cooks! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • feef706 said:
    Turkey coming along nicely.  

@4TheGrillOfIt Beautiful bird, do mind sharing your technique beyond the spatchcock? I love the color.
    Sprayed with Canola oil and used this rub:

I also injected with Honey Bird Booster.

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Just the 5 of us this year so breast only (even though I'm a dark meat guy). 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • For those who want to get weird with leftovers

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mark_B_Good
    chucktee said:
    @chucktee looks great, your grid was 275F?  What was your dome temp?

Thanks!  The dome tracked about 10 degrees higher.  Probably.  I have to admit I don't watch the dome temp as closely after I get the cook started.

Oh wow, that's a great turn out. I think most guys are cooking their turkey at 325F to 350F ... so I was wondering about the lower temperature you used.  How did it turn out?
  • Mark_B_Good
    dmchicago said:
    Following Gordon Ramsey’s Roast Turkey 

my wife made a pumpkin praline pie  

Yo! What a good idea ... protect the breast with BACON!! I have to remember that for next year!