Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA-Friday Community Zoom Session Virtual Watering Hole Information-PSA

Options
New thread for alertment purposes since the real deal is now in the OT list.
Doors open around 9 PM (EST).  Drop in and enjoy great conversation, beverages of your choice and the opportunity to learn something new every week.  It is "on" for Friday 11/27.
Here's the link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373  and the P/W is unchanged since inception 7 months ago.  PM me and I will send it along.   Hope to see you there.
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Thanks Frank.  I hadn’t even thought about that thread being in OT.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Nice thinking!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Thanks Frank.  I hadn’t even thought about that thread being in OT.  

That's why we trusted him with nukes - attention to details! :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Flagged for giving a compliment to a beloved member.
    I just made this post so that I will get flagged again. I think they are kewl

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

They’re all getting flagged.  I just ignore them at this point, even though they subtract from my points and I’m only another 10,000 away from being able to get the BGE holiday candles.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

They’re all getting flagged.  I just ignore them at this point, even though they subtract from my points and I’m only another 10,000 away from being able to get the BGE holiday candles.  
    you may be to young to remember these
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    ColtsFan said:

Growing up I would occasionally go to the grocery with my Grandpa. I remember specifically taking the stamp book to the service counter of the local IGA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    ColtsFan said:

I have no idea what those are.  
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Are they like S&H Green Stamps?  Only blue?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    edited November 2020
    Options
    we had the green stamps. woolworths gave them out. as a kid watching checks at woolworths get air shuttled to another department thru clear piping was fun. never used a stamp

Pin on Childhood Memories

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I remember the S&H green stamps. Never saw the Blue Chip's.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Bump to the top to provide timing for adequate planning/excuses to visit on Friday, 11/27.  Regardless of any home-front blow-back, you will enjoy your visit however long you stay.  Always entertaining and you will learn something every time.  Drop in at least once, then you can draw your own conclusion without buying into my unabashed hyperbole.  
    As an added benefit you can b!tch out the on-scene bartender with measured repercussions.   B)
    However it works out for you and your family, make the best of and enjoy Thanksgiving-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Bump to the top as today there are many active posters.  You don't want to miss this event... B)
    Happy Thanksgiving-
    Stay healthy and safe-
  • lousubcap
    Options
    It's on for tonight- 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The countdown continues.  Since this was one post from going to page two-bump for all who have visions of great conversation, entertainment and an environment where you are in total control. 
    Bring it on-masking if that works for you (not a requirement) and definitely practicing social distancing.  Hand washing a personal choice!   B)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    And we're off!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I hope that y’all discuss the perineum region tonight and share y’all’s thoughts with us. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    I hope that y’all discuss the perineum region tonight and share y’all’s thoughts with us. 
    Join us!  We could use your expertise on this matter.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    If I join will y’all have an honest and fair discussion on the Colovesical fistula? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @ColtsFan in the house!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    If I join will y’all have an honest and fair discussion on the Colovesical fistula? 
    We only have honest and fair discussions on these calls, Scottie.  
  • brentm
    brentm Posts: 422
    Options
    Old skool for the taint

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options
    Thanks Brent...

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

@caliking in the house
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Rolling on quite strong! Room for anyone to drop in.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @dmchicago on to talk turkey!

• lousubcap
    Options
    Early evening-last call was short but the talk around the watering hole was as enjoyable and entertaining as ever.  Thanks to all who participated.  Always a learning adventure as well.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    P.S.  Clean-up was quite easy.  Ready for the next go 'round!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Bump as it is Game-On for Friday as long as @JohnInCarolina doesn't get so deep into Advent morning drinking that he forgets.   B)
  • Sheldon_Nigel
    Options
    Password please?
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.