Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @lkapigian Adobo sauce! Now you’re talking. You are a man of many talents. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch said:
    8 foot lathe....24 foot shaft.  there doesnt seem to be directions in the manual for this........

Ooh, the chess set I could make with that...
    Speaking of chess, I just signed my 6-yo daughter up for videoconference chess lessons. She is digging it and is alright quite good to boot. Another few games in and I won’t stand a chance.  :)
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Monday Meatloaf. 

Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Botch said:
    8 foot lathe....24 foot shaft.  there doesnt seem to be directions in the manual for this........

Speaking of chess, I just signed my 6-yo daughter up for videoconference chess lessons. She is digging it and is alright quite good to boot. Another few games in and I won’t stand a chance.  :)
    If you haven't seen it already and are open enough to watch a series on chess, I highly recommend The Queen's Gambit on Netflix.  Also has plenty of drug abuse/addiction in it, not a feel-good fuzzy bunny story.

That said, I'm not done with the series so it might have a happy ending.
    lousubcap said:
    @Battleborn - As you well know, those gestures mean so much to both the giver and receiver.  Great move right there.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Absolutely. The little homemade bags that get brought in are the best. The kids have been doing it for a few months now and they love it. 

These were supposed to go to my station, however, a few weeks ago my youngest made cookies to take to my squad. Then one person went out with COVID. “Contact Tracing” then determined that because of the cookies, the majority of the squad had to isolate. Even though we were all there and ate them, not everybody was isolated. My wife said that the bags couldn’t go to my station because of snitches. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Spotted this incredible photo and thought I’d share here. Thought it may be of particular interest to @lousubcap.

It is the building of the Navy’s USS Akron, which operated from 1931-33. It ultimately crashed into the sea during a storm and oddly, a J-3 blimp sent out to search for survivors also crashed, leading to further casualties. 

Just look at those ladders.

Itil never fly. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    JRWhitee said:
    Beer, raw oysters and Gumbo
    I do not even like you right now......impressive! Hope you have a great Thanksgivig!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324

Botch said:

I see Nola has suggested "Queens Gambit". Excellent series but perhaps a little too intense for a 6 year old.
    I would recommend one of my favorite movies tho - "Searching for Bobby Fischer". Excellent film and suitable for all ages.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch said:

If you haven't seen it already and are open enough to watch a series on chess, I highly recommend The Queen's Gambit on Netflix.  Also has plenty of drug abuse/addiction in it, not a feel-good fuzzy bunny story.

Thanks for the rec. Actually watched it in its entirety, albeit I started it after I already got my daughter into chess. The chess teacher seems to indicate that series has been a bit of a driver for new students. The show was quite well done and featured consistently good acting. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Finished it was much better than it looked. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Botch said:

During the SD winter months, after supper Dad and I would go into the basement, play three games of ping-pong, and then a game of chess.  
    He taught me, and consistently beat me, until my Cub Scout magazine "Boy's Life" started a monthly column by Bobby Fischer.  I stepped through those games, read his commentary, and soon I was beating Dad.  
    Had a few chess partners in college, and one during my Audio forums' GTGs, but otherwise haven't got to play for years now; like my musical skills, they're atrophying...  :s

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304

That's going to wobble a bit.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    That said, I'm not done with the series so it might have a happy ending.
    Er .....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Eoin said:

That's going to wobble a bit.

theres a steady rest on the end of the lathe, a steady rest on the milling machine behind the second lathe, then theres a pipe stand next to the barrel that has a wooden vee block oiled that sits under the middle and another at the far end. at 190 rpm its off maybe .015 inches wobble at the 24 foot end. reworking the seal areas on the two ends and have two cranes tagged to catch it. a bit of a gamble ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article247234074.html

Reading this piece on our covid response.  We're far from out of the woods here - still have the spring semester, but so far so good.   Something our administration definitely deserves a lot of credit for pulling off well.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Market looks like its gonna break 30k
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article247234074.html

Reading this piece on our covid response.  We're far from out of the woods here - still have the spring semester, but so far so good.   Something our administration definitely deserves a lot of credit for pulling off well.  

Nice to see examples of how to do things correctly.  Meanwhile, back in Nebraska, you can find examples of how Not to do things...
    “We are on an absolutely catastrophic path,” said a COVID-19 doctor at America’s best-prepared hospital.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I’m just hanging out in the new OT Lounge.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Maybe Club OT is better.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Legume said:
    Maybe Club OT is better.

Certainly more exclusive being available to only those "in the know".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 288
    Lit said:
    Joe ain't messin around...vaccineS, stock mkt!  Sure wish the Don had stepped away 3 yrs ago.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Ike said:
    Lit said:
    Joe ain't messin around...vaccineS, stock mkt!  Sure wish the Don had stepped away 3 yrs ago.
    Heh, he was in the rose garden this morning giving "Thanks" that, under his leadership, the SM set over 20 records this year.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    lousubcap said:
    Since this thread has a long and distinguished history, I would ask on behalf of @Ozzie_Isaac that we continue to follow the "rules and guidelines" all practiced  when it was afforded a proper place at the "adult table."
    The big one-keep politics off this thread, please.  
    Politics are encouraged in the “non OT” thread

Johns Creek, Georgia