Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    My last pour of Woodford Double Double Oaked. Anyone live near the distillery that wants to hook a brother up (for a premium of course)?

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Spike_MI
    Options
    Buuushhhh  beer   Go Lions !
    Michigan - Large BGE - Green Mountain Davy Crockett - Weber Gasser 
  • Aubie1
    Aubie1 Posts: 436
    Options
    Zeta prep.

XL BGE and L BGE
  • Aubie1
    Aubie1 Posts: 436
    Options

XL BGE and L BGE
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    George Remus bourbon and a Lone StarTobacco hand rolled.   Happy Friday folks.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Perfect for a cool fall afternoon.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Not Four Roses Small Batch.  Just set brand new unopened bottle down and then knocked it off my counter.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I had this last week.  Great beer. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Not Four Roses Small Batch.  Just set brand new unopened bottle down and then knocked it off my counter.

I liked that post only because I have done the same.   Just have to laugh It off (and hope you have a backup plan)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

This caught my eye at the Class VI store last week, picked up a bottle on sale.  After doing some research (conveniently printed on the back label) I learned this was a spiced wine made in a  certain village in Germany, normally served warm at Christmastime (which is why I found it at the end of the aisle, under the Halloween decorations)  :lol:  
    Research also indicated it's sometimes served over ice; since I'm not a fan of warm drinks that's how I'm sampling it.  Very tasty and would be pretty good in the summer months, methinks.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Maple Bacon Old Fashioned
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    You know those friends that always show up to help you drink your good stuff?

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Burning some leaves and taking a break with a fitting cold one.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • ilooklikeelvis
    Options
    I'm having.a Victory Merry Monkey!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Acn said:

It’s a day for the good stuff.
    Wow!!  Bucket list pour right there!!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    Acn said:

Wow!!  Bucket list pour right there!!
    Thanks, I won a raffle at a local store and got to buy a bottle (at MSRP even).  I think this is the 4th time we’ve had it since getting it in Feb...the day I got it, my birthday, our anniversary, and today.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Leopoldstoch
    Options
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Acn said:

Holy smokes, I still have never been able to find a bottle.   
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Acn said:

You’re better off. Unless you can win a lottery and pay retail like he did, it’s simply not worth the aftermarket pricing. If you just want to be a show pony then knock yourself out. It’s not worth 300+ when you can drink as good or better for 50. Some of this rare stuff is just a vanity competition. I like fine things as much as the next guy but I feel at some point you are simply a sucker. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Acn said:

You’re better off. Unless you can win a lottery and pay retail like he did, it’s simply not worth the aftermarket pricing. If you just want to be a show pony then knock yourself out. It’s not worth 300+ when you can drink as good or better for 50. Some of this rare stuff is just a vanity competition. I like fine things as much as the next guy but I feel at some point you are simply a sucker. 
    $119 I would be all over it.  For $500 I would gladly try it once.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Acn said:

$119 I would be all over it.  For $500 I would gladly try it once.
    Yeah 1-150 is robbery but I’d bite due to rarity. 500 is solidly in the sucker zone. If suckers quit paying sucker prices they would moderate. People just convince themselves that it’s great because it’s rare and expensive. But hey, whatever makes one happy is fine with me.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
     I wouldn’t pay $500 but $119 I’d give It a go (likely split the cost with a couple buddies).  I had a friend get a bottle as a Christmas gift from a supplier, he didn’t know what he had and killed It over the course of a week.    He kicked himself after he learned how rare It was and when I asked how he liked It he said It was good but he had better.   

It’s funny how some groups try to artificially create demand/hype.   Eagle Rare (which I’m not a fan of) used to be $26 and widely available but now It really is rare and I’ve heard prices went up from friends who do enjoy It.