Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @Aubie1 How did you like that Lagunitas?  Never seen that one but like their beers and love Willet. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Aubie1
    Aubie1 Posts: 436
    Options
    @Aubie1 How did you like that Lagunitas?  Never seen that one but like their beers and love Willet. 
    One of my favorites when available and it is about that time of year when it should start showing up again. 2019 was the only year that I have seen it in the 12oz  bottles and prior to that it was offered in bombers. Probably the best $10 bombers ever.
    XL BGE and L BGE
  • Aubie1
    Options

XL BGE and L BGE
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

What did you think? I have some longbranch which is Mcconaughys mesquite smoke collaboration with Wild Turkey. The mesquite was too much for me as far a sipping.  Would be pretty good in cocktails I think. Just an astringent finish. This is from a peated scotch drink btw. Just curious about that offering. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2020
    Options

What did you think? I have some longbranch which is Mcconaughys mesquite smoke collaboration with Wild Turkey. The mesquite was too much for me as far a sipping.  Would be pretty good in cocktails I think. Just an astringent finish. This is from a peated scotch drink btw. Just curious about that offering. 
    I was very impressed.  The smoke was subtle to me, but definitely noticeable.  The finish was a bit more rough than I prefer, astringent is a good description, but the overall flavor profile was to my liking.  Better than 80% of what I have tried. I will be going back to get more, and it will be in my rotation.  I am getting a few bottles of their classic to try also.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Aubie1
    Options

XL BGE and L BGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Trying the Del Bac classic.  Very mellow and easy to drink.  No depth or complexity, just light nice clean pour.  I think I like the Dorado more, but wouldn't turn down either.

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Rough day at work, so time for a good beer.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    MotownVol said:
    Rough day at work, so time for a good beer.
    Love Goose Island Bourbon stouts!  Nicely done.
  • Aubie1
    Options

XL BGE and L BGE
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Lit said:

Man that is a unicorn.   Heard of it but have never found/had it.   What do you think, is it worth chasing after?
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:

Man that is a unicorn.   Heard of it but have never found/had it.   What do you think, is it worth chasing after?
    Its good for sure. I would grab a couple bottles if i see it again. The price was under $60 if i remember correctly.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

Its good for sure. I would grab a couple bottles if i see it again. The price was under $60 if i remember correctly.
    The Willet around here (for the 4 year) is $59.  The 7 year is a big step up, not sure on flavor difference.  I might give the 4 year a try.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Gonna need to order some food for this one.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Old fashioned

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

Outstanding, on the hunt, thanks!!!
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Lit said:
    Gonna need to order some food for this one.
    That packs a punch.   Puts my 119.6 Remus to bed 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Nice pours but good grief folks, spurge for some directional freeze molds. That clouded ice is not up to par with your game. Btw, the Willett rye I’ve had is quite nice. The stuff I had was @ 100 I think. Far more expensive than the pot still reserve bourbon. Maybe older as Ozzie suggested 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    One of those heavy pour days.

• Longtrain
    Longtrain Posts: 48
    edited November 2020
    Options

...Funny you mention gin and vodka.  I much prefer vodka.  Might be I have never had good gin...

Longtrain says...

Gin is one of my favorite drinks, all gins are different, as they are basically flavored vodka's.

Here's my Martini recipe, I didn't invent it but it is perfect in my opinion.

Beefeater Gin, 2 ounces
    Noilly Prat White Dry Vermouth, 1 ounce
    2-3 dashes of Fee Brothers Orange Bitters

Shake this with ice and make it cold, very, very cold, pour into a stemmed Martini glass and garnish with a odd number of green olives (an even number is bad luck, I prefer 3 olives).  The ice infuses some water into the mixture, which is part of the recipe actually, you can stir, but James Bond doesn't recommend it, and that good enough for me.

Beefeater is a juniper forward gin, that will stand up to mixing and even a gin and tonic, other gins tend to get lost in the mix, i.e. Hendricks and other botanical gins.  Not that they're bad, they just aren't my cup of gin, so to speak.

Be careful, a few of these can hurt you. Enjoy.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Alpha Klaus

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    Hitting my stride with my Nespresso machine.  

I recognise that coffee is just as contentious as choice of lump & pistol round grain on here - but I'm putting it out there anyway.

I like a mug of coffee, my routine has been; open Nescafé jar, pour some in to a mug (no spoon necessary), just off boiling water, add milk - drink.

I had a Moka pot for a long time but rarely used it.  I liked it but getting the strength right was tricky. I either achieved a nice aroma & gnats p**s or migraine inducing fire water.  I had a cafetière at work, years ago - but as a clean freak I was losing half the morning washing it afterwards.

So I directed SWMBO towards gifting me a Nespresso machine.  The fact is, it's much nicer than what I was drinking before. I warm my mug for a lungo and make sure the aerated milk is warm.  Robert's your mother's brother. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    I did a press the last couple of mornings.  I may continue that for awhile.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    I did a press the last couple of mornings.  I may continue that for awhile.
    Child B, the male one, recently had a birthday and requites numerous artefacts like that from this website; https://www.contactcoffee.com   
    Quite the thing to be seen with in the Mess, we are told. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Put Christmas lights up this AM. Time for some good beers and RedZone. 

• Aubie1
    Options

XL BGE and L BGE