Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP RBG

Options
YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,989
Sad day for American Justice and a sad day for The United States of America.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Good one, Ezra!  :lol:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    The future has been fundamentaly changed.  I am pretty sure it will be ok though, the world will not be around in 2021.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Sad day for sure.  Even my son (who is on vacation) just texted me.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    RIP Your Honor
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Put the political beliefs aside, what a true public servant.  
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    It is a terribly sad day.
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    There isn't time for the senate to consider it before the election. However if he wins in November I don't see him waiting until Jan 20 to get a new justice seated. We already knew that this election would decide her replacement sooner or later.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    There isn't time for the senate to consider it before the election. However if he wins in November I don't see him waiting until Jan 20 to get a new justice seated. We already knew that this election would decide her replacement sooner or later.
    McConnell has already said the President's nominee will get a vote in the Senate.  He didn't even wait 24 hrs after her death to say as much.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited September 2020
    Options
    McConnell has already said the President's nominee will get a vote in the Senate.  He didn't even wait 24 hrs after her death to say as much.
    It was pretty quick. Within an hour or so. We live in a political world right now. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Or one hour 

The tweet has been que'd up for months.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Or one hour 

The tweet has been que'd up for months.
    True. I edited my comment a little. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Senator Murkowski of Alaska has already said that she won't vote to confirm a nominee until the new president is inaugurated. I doubt the two lady senators for Maine will either. As I said I think waiting until January 20th if Trump is reelected in November is excessive and these three women would take that stance at their political peril. Meanwhile the Affordable Care Act indicates that 51 votes rules it seems. You might be able to add Romney to the other three that I mentioned, Utard could prevent the 51st vote, Botch would like that.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    If Trump believes his poles and he has the biggliest lead and the bestest voters, why would he rush to confirm?  He says he will win, so throw the dems a bone and just nominate next year.  I do not see the big deal?
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    I think waiting until January 20th if Trump is reelected in November is excessive....
    I don't know about that, but I definitely thought the 293 days for Garland was excessive -- utterly shameful, really.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Senator Murkowski of Alaska has already said that she won't vote to confirm a nominee until the new president is inaugurated. I doubt the two lady senators for Maine will either. As I said I think waiting until January 20th if Trump is reelected in November is excessive and these three women would take that stance at their political peril. Meanwhile the Affordable Care Act indicates that 51 votes rules it seems. You might be able to add Romney to the other three that I mentioned, Utard could prevent the 51st vote, Botch would like that.
    They would need four GOP Senators to stop it.  We'll see what kind of profiles in courage we'll see on this one, but we haven't exactly seen a whole lot of that yet. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    They would need four GOP Senators to stop it.  We'll see what kind of profiles in courage we'll see on this one, but we haven't exactly seen a whole lot of that yet. 
    This is a generational opportunity for partisan control of the judiciary. Nothing will stop this from happening.

I predict no nominations pre-election, so as not to shake things up, and a quick confirmation before Jan 20. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I just named 4.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I just named 4.
    I know.  Color me skeptical all four will break from the party.  
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    ...and they missed the opportunity to "Weekend at Bernie's" her for a few months...

Anyway, this is terrible beyond words regardless of the timing.
    Hasn't this been happening for the last year?

Apologies for any appearance of disrespect to RBG.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    A true American hero and the embodiment of" liberty and justice for all"
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    If Trump believes his poles and he has the biggliest lead and the bestest voters, why would he rush to confirm?  He says he will win, so throw the dems a bone and just nominate next year.  I do not see the big deal?
    He knows where things are at, hence the siphoning off of campaign funds and concentrating on the election fraud argument. Our future in the UK is at stake here as well, Boris' wrecking crew depends on Trump support from the US.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Have any of you seen the Handmaid's Tail?  I am pretty sure this is how it starts.