Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Brats on a SM using a part of my small egg

ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 4,286
edited September 2020 in EggHead Forum
Does it count as on topic since I used an xl kick ash basket and a small fire ring??  This has become one of my favorite setups for weeknights 
XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, Blackstone Griddle, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria

Comments

• XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, Blackstone Griddle, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 5,641
    Yummy

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 7,457
    Clever, looks killer !
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker coming soon- Blackstone 36 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 8,404
    I don't know if it counts or not, but I'd eat every one of those brats - so it's a good post in my book.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Cool setup! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 4,286
    edited September 2020
    It’s great because I can use briquettes for stuff like this, lump for faster cooks that demand more sear like steak or remove the ring and use lump to start splits and roll. 

I’ve had a bad habit of overfilling the fuel and wasting a bunch. This helps me keep it in reason
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, Blackstone Griddle, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria
  • Nice!

John - SLC, UT

Several eggs ..

• I love this setup - great idea.  I may try this on my Hasty-Bake to concentrate a pile of coals.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 22,962
    That is pure creativity.  Way to mix and match and nail the cook.  Congrats.
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • SGHSGH Posts: 27,545
    edited September 2020
    I have always been an advocate of briquettes. There are several scenarios where they really shine and are just far more practical. To this day I use briquettes on my mini 90% of the time. 
    I have said it many times before and I will say it again now, there is just something special about meat “grilled” over briquettes.  
    On a separate note, great looking grub my friend and a thumbs up for using briquettes 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• We grill at work, we have four 26.5” kettles (convinced the big boss to buy them), my 22.5” kettle, and my mini egg. Since we use briqs in the kettles, I use it in the mini all the time, just like @SGH. I find it works incredibly well. 

John - SLC, UT

Several eggs ..

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 10,964
    It’s great because I can use briquettes for stuff like this, lump for faster cooks that demand more sear like steak or remove the ring and use lump to start splits and roll. 

I’ve had a bad habit of overfilling the fuel and wasting a bunch. This helps me keep it in reason
    After using briquettes, I hope you do not put that back in your Egg.  Pretty sure briquettes void the warranty too.

Aside from that, awesome setup!
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 14,680
    Who’s counting? Joy was found there for sure.
    Johns Creek GA with a Large & a 17" Blackstone........Medium & MiniMax in storage

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • It’s great because I can use briquettes for stuff like this, lump for faster cooks that demand more sear like steak or remove the ring and use lump to start splits and roll. 

After using briquettes, I hope you do not put that back in your Egg.  Pretty sure briquettes void the warranty too.

Aside from that, awesome setup!
    They don't void the warranty.  There are many briq options these days that are chemical free, and bound by vegetable oils or other natural binders.  They function quite well in an egg.

https://biggreenegg.com/warranty/

John - SLC, UT

Several eggs ..