Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Sorry I had to miss the encore as well.  The oldest daughter asked to watch a movie with me, and I am wise enough to know not to pass up on those opportunities when they present themselves.  

But thank you, @lousubcap, as always, for annotating the discourse.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Great recap!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Both sessions sound like classic barroom talk.

Sorry I missed them but Mrs DMC had other ideas for our Friday night.

No hair band required.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @dmchicago - you win the forum today!  Better to be lucky than good any day!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Bump.  Who's on for tomorrow night?

Suggested list of topics:

1) Best wings you've ever had
    2) MLB games during the pandemic
    3) What happens when puppet sex collides with demon sex?
    4) The risks and rewards of drive-through strip clubs
    5) Bourbon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Bump.  Who's on for tomorrow night?

Suggested list of topics:

1) Best wings you've ever had
    2) MLB games during the pandemic
    3) What happens when puppet sex collides with demon sex?
    4) The risks and rewards of drive-through strip clubs
    5) Bourbon

big reward for an 18 year old picking up food and a coke in a parking lot
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Unless something of extreme importance comes along (none on the horizon) I will sign in around 9 PM (EDT) for a beverage or more at the virtual watering hole.
    A couple of proposed additions-although the conversations will go about anywhere.
    6)  What is the value of the "money" shot?
    7) How has Zoom (or related) technology impacted your life?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Likely going to be doing yard work laying out a patio base, but the topic of “how machine learning and deep learning are going to solve all our problems.”  Likely not worthy of discussion but it is burning 2 hours of my Thursday. 
  • dmchicago
    8. Postponing Erections. Can you? Should you?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Also, we should have a "Politics hour". Just for the intelligent discourse that would rise from it. Have it late in the evening...after the poop segment.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    dmchicago said:
    Also, we should have a "Politics hour". Just for the intelligent discourse that would rise from it. Have it late in the evening...after the poop segment.
    Wouldn't it be better to have it *before* the poop segment?

I refer you to the Twain quote about politicians being like diapers and needing to be changed frequently, for the same reasons.  
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago said:
    Wouldn't it be better to have it *before* the poop segment?

I refer you to the Twain quote about politicians being like diapers and needing to be changed frequently, for the same reasons.  
    I figure if someone sits through the poop segment they deserve the politics block. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    I won't hazard a guess as to how this comment will be taken but I would much rather sit thru a poop segment than get anywhere near politics.  Poop just seems so much less divisive.   B)
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    I won't hazard a guess as to how this comment will be taken but I would much rather sit thru a poop segment than get anywhere near politics.  Poop just seems so much less divisive.   B)
    Especially when @caliking waxes poetic about it. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    lousubcap said:
    Of course he does.  It pays his bills.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:
    I wonder what the exchange rate is for poop, say relevant to purchasing a lg BGE
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:
    I wonder what the exchange rate is for poop, say relevant to purchasing a lg BGE

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:
    Amazing since the Bristol Scale only goes to 7.

Must be some of that "factoring" going on.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I'll most likely log on just to see if @dmchicago has decided how big a flat screen tv is going in his bathroom remodel. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• dmchicago
    bucky925 said:
    I'll most likely log on just to see if @dmchicago has decided how big a flat screen tv is going in his bathroom remodel. 
    Which bathroom?

i have 5 ya know. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    dmchicago said:
    bucky925 said:
    Which bathroom?

i have 5 ya know. 
    the tree out back doesnt count

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • dmchicago
    JRWhitee said:
    dmchicago said:
    bucky925 said:
    Which bathroom?

i have 5 ya know. 
    the tree out back doesnt count
    You've been talking to my wife?

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • frazzdaddy
    dmchicago said:
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:
    Amazing since the Bristol Scale only goes to 7.

Must be some of that "factoring" going on.
    Why yes , that would be the fecal factor of course.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    9)  Why sacrifice a brisket point to burnt ends?  Hopefully does not segue into a religious topic.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    @lousubcap Amen, brother!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Bump to facilitate expanded interest.  Link to the zoom session is on page one of the thread-Password will be PM'd.  
    Worth the price of admission, at least once.  Doors open around 9 PM (EDT) and closing time really depends on the audience or the "man down".   B)
    Scroll up and you will see that with the exception of religion and politics the topics are as wide ranging as you can imagine.  
  • frazzdaddy
    edited July 2020
    I checked the hot tub time machine schedule and there is time for a stop in, See you miscreants later on.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    That list of topics sounds absolutely lit!
  • lousubcap
    Here's a left field topic:  A song you have streamed on youtube that has over 100 million views.  Ben E. King and Stand by Me- over 446 million views.  Have never come across one remotely close to that number.  
    Time to get your walking shoes on and head to the virtual watering hole- doors open soon.  B)
  • lousubcap
    Watering hole is vacant.  I'll give it a few minutes then declare victory and try again next week.