Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ANOVA sous vide

Options
brownbw
brownbw Posts: 154
edited July 2020 in EggHead Forum
I am selling my sous vide. I hardly ever use it. Anyone interested? It’s the Bluetooth model. Has everything including the original box/instructions. Also have a 4.75 gal Cambro w/ lid that’ll go with it. I’d like to get $100 for both. (+shipping if needed)
Opelika, AL

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    You have clearly never made @JohnInCarolina  chocolate pots. If so, you wouldn't be selling it.
    Good luck though.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    You have clearly never made @JohnInCarolina  chocolate pots. If so, you wouldn't be selling it.
    Good luck though.
    Ha!

These things aren’t for everyone.  That’s a great price you’re quoting.  If someone is on the fence about getting one of these, they should jump on this.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    I'll buy it.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Good luck though.
    A big reason that I bought one!  Good luck with the sale. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,038
    Options
    I use my Sous Vide almost every day.  I do not really use it as intended though.  I use it a lot of the time to thaw and pasturize ground beef.  I find cooking the ground beef sous vide makes it easy to drain then brown.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    The bazooka like "box" is a classic
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I agree - for some reason I too saved mine! It's just another thing my executor will look at and say " I wonder why the h*ll he saved that!"
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I use my Sous Vide almost every day.  I do not really use it as intended though.  I use it a lot of the time to thaw and pasturize ground beef.  I find cooking the ground beef sous vide makes it easy to drain then brown.
    That’s interesting, thanks 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:
    I agree - for some reason I too saved mine! It's just another thing my executor will look at and say " I wonder why the h*ll he saved that!"
    Used mine the other night on a beef tenderloin. My friends were pissed theirs didn’t come in the tube like mine! They tried to buy the box from me
  • RRP
    edited July 2020
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:
    Used mine the other night on a beef tenderloin. My friends were pissed theirs didn’t come in the tube like mine! They tried to buy the box from me
    Want to really piss them off? Buy one of these cases!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    RRP said:
    ColbyLang said:
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:
    Bought one of those case. Love it!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    Options
    I took my ANOVA in my case to just p*ss off another neighbor a few years back! That look on his face alone was worth the money!  =)

OTOH I really do like the protection and ease of storage it provides!
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    RRP said:
    ColbyLang said:
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:
    Hold up, where’d ya get the case? It’s not on Anova website 
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    RRP said:
    ColbyLang said:
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:
    https://www.amazon.com/LTGEM-Culinary-Bluetooth-Precision-Cooker/dp/B06XV7D8DB/

Among other options, there are several.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    RRP said:
    ColbyLang said:
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:
    https://www.amazon.com/LTGEM-Culinary-Bluetooth-Precision-Cooker/dp/B06XV7D8DB/

Among other options, there are several.
    Ordered! Thx!
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    Agreed!  I just started doing this. 
  • brownbw
    brownbw Posts: 154
    Options
    Update: forgot to check on here. Sold it on fb marketplace. 
    Opelika, AL