Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

looking better here

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    My friend, as we learned last week, the FARTS are silent... but deadly!
    Do not under estimate a good fart. You are subject to getting your hair blown back  :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    I'm posting just to get a flag.  I want to be part of the Cabal.

Being close to Mexico, I just go there for my dental work.  Cheap and COVID free.
    Do you have a flag preference? Which flag do the cabal members wear with the most pride?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I look at this and it pisses me off.  How are we so bad at this compared to just about everyone else?!?!?  We are the only western country that is seeing a self-inflicted second spike.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I look at this and it pisses me off.  How are we so bad at this compared to just about everyone else?!?!?  We are the only western country that is seeing a self-inflicted second spike.

"Free-dumb" has a price.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• HeavyG

Thought that was from The Onion at first.

Sadly, neither was this...
    Died on July 4th. Was 37 years old.

• JustBuggin
    JustBuggin Posts: 109
    HeavyG said:
    Doesn't your police chief make like a million dollars a year?

the captains make 134,000 more than the chief. the chief barely gets over 300,000 ;)  none of those guys got pink slips. they should have laid off atleast 2 captains and retained a dozen patrol guys, but then the captains would just retire at 80 percent take home pay and probably still get the detail work for road construction at double pay so they can get the free gas in their personal car and get paid for using the car as well. this town is really messed up
    What town are we talking about here? I don't understand why the citizens tolerate that sort of salary for those positions.
    Yea getting shot at for a living doesn't deserve decent pay...
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Johns Hopkins current counts in US
    #cases 3,225,721
    #deaths 134,580
    If 99% of cases are totally harmless, shouldn't #cases be 13,458,000? even assuming all survivors are totally free of long or short term harm
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    HeavyG said:

the captains make 134,000 more than the chief. the chief barely gets over 300,000 ;)  none of those guys got pink slips. they should have laid off atleast 2 captains and retained a dozen patrol guys, but then the captains would just retire at 80 percent take home pay and probably still get the detail work for road construction at double pay so they can get the free gas in their personal car and get paid for using the car as well. this town is really messed up
    What town are we talking about here? I don't understand why the citizens tolerate that sort of salary for those positions.
    Yea getting shot at for a living doesn't deserve decent pay...
    Reading is fundamental.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    This is a pretty good site for tracking the situation/response on a state by state basis:

https://covidactnow.org/?s=60387
    Thank for the link!  Even after the Governor of Kansas declared masks will be required to be worn, the county commissioners voted down that requirement 
    unless if you want to enter the county building then masks are required!  SMH
    I find that be highly hypocritical!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    What are we thinking?

Having been involved in the aftermath of Covid 19 in a very small area......I hbeg to ask, what is our government doing to our children?

"Just wondering how the live active shooter drills in schools are now going to be implemented with social distancing requirements, due to the pandemic, for our children?"

That was from another frontline hero, a teacher.

One of the comments made: "does anyone see a what is wrong here?" Followed by: "How did it come to be like this?"

I will not engage further, but everyone should be able to see the lunacy our country has become.

There are no terms I could use to properly express the troubled sorrow I have for our school aged children and those facilitating their education in the future.

Here, locally, we have 14 students that will be going back to school this fall, that have lost a parent or other immediate member of the family to Covid 19.

They know the risks. They are much more wise than an appreciable portion of our population.

Should they make it through our educational system.......they deserve so much more than a diploma from a severely underfunded educational process. 

I can't imagine the impact in the other red states right now.  Fortunately our Governor was on this early and his efforts slowed the pace significantly.

I will say this; I am a firm believer a country deserves the consequences they risk, when they elect incompetent people as our government leaders. Unfortunately, incompetent people cast those votes.
    We are the government. We got what we asked for, and now the consequences of ineptness and crookedness is what we all must deal with.

Stay safe, and take care of others who can use the support in times like these.

Something we have been doing is buying boxes of masks, lysol (teaching them the importance and how to use it), hand sanitizer (same process), antibiotic surface ointments and bandages, and a host of other items for backpacks in the fall.

Anything you can do, acting locally will be a great help. It is up to the sane, and intelligent to step up and fix this now.

Save our country. Save our children.

Peace.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Our numbers. Not bad when you look at everything. Wish the national news reported like this. They should be required too.  We have a population of a little over 100k here for reference  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnInCarolina

• HeavyG
    If this is how you wear your mask, is this how...

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Geez Meet the Press has really become a one sided slug fest.. The producers and Chuck Todd have really let this once balanced show go to the dogs...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Geez Meet the Press has really become a one sided slug fest.. The producers and Chuck Todd have really let this once balanced show go to the dogs...
    Isn't the main guest today Larry Hogan, the Republican governor of Maryland?
  • johnmitchell
    Yes he was.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Yes he was.

• johnmitchell
    @JohnInCarolina oh ok 😂😂
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited July 2020
    @JohnInCarolina oh ok 😂😂
    A question for you. Will balanced reporting always indicate that both sides are equally to blame?  What should we expect from reporting when one side is really blowing it?  
  • johnmitchell
    I am certainly not against hard hitting interviews and uncomfortable questions for both parties, but what I don’t agree with and I am referring to is such biases premise of the questions Anyway no biggie I just feel it is worse now as we approach November
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    15 overdose deaths in Columbus in the last 72 hours
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @caliking - I am not as advanced in my approach to how the "collective we" get a handle on this.  For me the "collective we" have "declared victory" and don't have enough concern for anyone else (it's all about me) to change behavior patterns.  They don't see (or deny) the down-stream value of masking or social distancing in public.  The great promise of the vaccine (and how many will get it??) is what they are riding to the finish-line.  
    Talk about not willing to sacrifice for the greater good.  We are there!  So the handle will be ever elusive.  Off soap-box.  
    Bring it to the watering hole Friday.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    lousubcap said:
    @caliking - I am not as advanced in my approach to how the "collective we" get a handle on this.  For me the "collective we" have "declared victory" and don't have enough concern for anyone else (it's all about me) to change behavior patterns.  They don't see (or deny) the down-stream value of masking or social distancing in public.  The great promise of the vaccine (and how many will get it??) is what they are riding to the finish-line.  
    Talk about not willing to sacrifice for the greater good.  We are there!  So the handle will be ever elusive.  Off soap-box.  
    Bring it to the watering hole Friday.  
    The failure is at all levels... city, county, state, national. 

There was an anti-mask protest at  Houston city hall a couple of weeks ago. One gentleman was quoted (with his name) as saying “your health is not my problem.”

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304

Same as most places when they have to cut back.  The management doing the cutting back never cut themselves back.