Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    edited July 2020
    Options
    we are in the 7 position, assuming that all countries are telling the truth, nope, not winning. we need to start asking, what would san marino do? for the win
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    we are in the 7 position, assuming that all countries are telling the truth, nope, not winning
    Our excess deaths are well above reported deaths, but I imagine that's a common issue.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    @Acn - such a cool place, isn’t it?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Canyonlands!  
    When you get up early and the conditions are right just as the sun comes up, that canyon is bathed, and the bottom of the arch lit, in a brilliant orange.

And you can't see much because of all the photographers standing in the way. ;)  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Currently 0 active cases in our county 
    Ohio has definitely done a pretty good job with this thing. 

I saw today that Arizona has a higher per-capita case count as a state than any other country on the planet.  That's... not good there @Ozzie_Isaac.

Orange Were 1 Foam Hand  Zurchers
    Someone said we'd get tired of all this "winning".  I wholeheartedly concur.

Not even close. Deaths per million population: number 1 is Belgium and we are number 2.
    Well, we were talking about states, some of which blow away Belgium, but I'm happy we're losing for once at the country level.

Options
    This is per 100k, so multiply by 10 to get "per million"....

Options
    @Botch - great audible on the etoufee! It sounds like it turned out.

I haven't tried baking/roasting the flour by itself, but I've done Alton Brown's method of equal parts flour and oil/fat (by weight, not volume) in a DO, 350F x 90mins. Stir every 30mins. Done. Move the DO to the stove, and finish making gumbo. 

Your method in the Breville oven is way faster, so I'll give it a try. And, I've often wondered what the difference between the bake and roast functions are for the Breville oven, but haven't figured it out either. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Trying to find a36 inch Blackstone again.  Talk about supply shortage. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    caliking said:
    Your method in the Breville oven is way faster, so I'll give it a try. And, I've often wondered what the difference between the bake and roast functions are for the Breville oven, but haven't figured it out either. 
    Be careful; as I mentioned I'm surprised the smoke alarm didn't go off.  You need to bake at at least 300º for the Maillard reaction to take place (iirc) and mine smoked at 375º, not a very big window.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I think you need a “what did you get rid of” thread to pair with your what are you buying thread.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    Just got done changing a flat on my wife's 4Runner.  30K miles, never had a sidewall blow out like this.  Luckily she was close so I was able to run over with my tools.  Nothing like changing it in 112 deg heat.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Just got done changing a flat on my wife's 4Runner.  30K miles, never had a sidewall blow out like this.  Luckily she was close so I was able to run over with my tools.  Nothing like changing it in 112 deg heat.

That's crazy! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options

Mini max hard at work.  Pulled pork yesterday.  Bratwurst today.  Chicken two nights ago.  Beach cooks while camping! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options

Hope you brought your parka.
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    Options
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    I think you need a “what did you get rid of” thread to pair with your what are you buying thread.
    There is not many things that I regret parting with,  but that is one of them.  @nolaegghead how is the fire disc?  What say you? 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    There is not many things that I regret parting with,  but that is one of them.  @nolaegghead how is the fire disc?  What say you? 
    It's great for cooking for a crowd, which we have not been doing lately.  Easy to clean, gets hotter than you think it could given it runs off a disposable propane bottle.  Has a heat gradient that is useful for cooking and keeping cooked stuff warm.
    Options
    TTC said:
    Getting emotional. My oldest son’s best friend since kindergarten leaves for West Point tomorrow. I love him as much as my own, and he came by to hug us all goodbye 
    God bless him and his family. Thank him for his service from all of us internet junkies. Not a lot of young people joining the service these days
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    TTC said:
    Getting emotional. My oldest son’s best friend since kindergarten leaves for West Point tomorrow. I love him as much as my own, and he came by to hug us all goodbye 

He's obviously a total badass.  Godspeed, young man and BEAT NAVY!

Thank you for sharing this great news with us!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Stepping up my egg game.  Working on some bratwurst.  Not even at felt level.  Right down on the fire ring.  Ol'skool.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options

Was that on the front or rear?  Either way it could have ended up worse than just a tire replacement depending on the speed when it happened.  One would not expect a blowout in that area of the tire, perhaps some type of road debris caused it.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    dbCooper said:

Was that on the front or rear?  Either way it could have ended up worse than just a tire replacement depending on the speed when it happened.  One would not expect a blowout in that area of the tire, perhaps some type of road debris caused it.
    Luckily it happened in a neighborhood and she was going about 10mph in.  A few minutes before she was doing 80 on the freeway.  All in all it could not have happened in a better location or speed.  It was driver side rear tire.

She was 9 minutes from our house, so I ran over and swapped vehicles with her, then changed the tire.  Farmers bottle jack and dewalt impact made quick work of it.

Honestly, we were blessed it happened when and where, because like you said, could have been way worse than a minor inconvenience.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Acn said:

Lovely pictures!  
    Isn't that where Airwolf used to live?   Did you get a sighting? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

Looks clean cut, at least started off by some debris.