Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Checking the weather for the upcoming week. Pleasantly surprised that my favorite time of the year is here...should have stayed on graveyard.

I thought it was a bit warm here today, but compared to you I am having nice spring weather.

Exactly which circle of heLL do you live in, Ozzie?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I feel y’all pain. Thank god I have a pool. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options

Have you ever wondered what ‘going through the motions’ looks like?  Well the PL labours in to week 34 and only mild excitement prevails.  That being, who of the also rans will make it to Europe and we are down to four clubs battling for two relegation spots.  

Tonight

Palace v Chelsea : the Eagles have ‘declared’ and Super Frank’s Chelsea are more than decent.  A draw might happen, but 0-2 seems more likely. Humph. 

Watford v Norwich : the filthy Hornets really need this match against the plunge-bound Canaries for their relegation resistance effort.  Tight match and no doubt Elton John will be locked in to the minute by minute updates online. Sadly they will bully their way to a 0-1 away win and a chasm starts to emerge between the bottom 3.

Arsenal v Leicester : Palace gave the Foxes a confidence boosting easy win, so Vardy is back on form.  Arsenal are, as Arsenal have been for a while, a bit odd.  A heady cocktail of talent lacking aptitude. 1-1.

Wednesday

Man City v Newcastle :  both teams just want the season over.  2-0.

Sheff Utd v Wolves :  likely the best game of the week.  A place in Europe could be the prize.  The hosts stuttered but are steadying, the visitors are flying.  2-3 as Nuno’s nouse gives them the edge.

West Ham v Burnley : bore draw 1-1

Brighton v Liverpool : normal service has resumed and although their hunger has abated the Reds are just too slick. 0-2.

Bournemouth v Tottenham : the newspapers have turned against Bournemouth, with talk of fire sales and doom.  They have over-achieved and questions have long been asked about their financial viability.   Spurs have wasted a season but have enough quality to see this match off. 1-2.

Everton v Southampton : the guests are finishing strong, the hosts have not delivered in line with expenditure, several goals probable,  2-2.

Villa v Man Utd : Ole’s men have found form at the right time and are seriously in the mix for Europe.  Villa’s slide to relegation seems unstoppable now.  0-3. 

For @eoin the bitter sweet sensation of a massive and much needed win last week is followed by a trip to title chasing Leeds.  The next two after this are Stoke’s key matches,  as the final match is Brentford - also chasing promotion.  Leeds do have an implosion button, if Stoke can find it - happy days.  An early Potters goal will spark this game to life, I’m going 1-1. 

Smoke me a kipper, I’ll be back for the weekend - don’t go changing!

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:

we had temps in the 90’s today with 94% relative humidity. 
    Where do you live, Colby?  That sounds like South Dakota conditions, a place where I'll never live again.   :o
    Southwest Louisiana. 40 miles from
    the Gulf of Mexico. We have 2 seasons here....crawfish season and summer. Wouldn’t change it for the world
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options

Little bugger's gettn' fat on yer maters. Never could figure out if they are coming or going. they got eyes everywhere.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options

saw the first hummingbird moth the other day, figure ill be feeding the ducks in 3 or 4 weeks. ducks go crazy for those
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Have you ever wondered what ‘going through the motions’ looks like?  Well the PL labours in to week 34 and only mild excitement prevails.  That being, who of the also rans will make it to Europe and we are down to four clubs battling for two relegation spots.  

Tonight

Palace v Chelsea : the Eagles have ‘declared’ and Super Frank’s Chelsea are more than decent.  A draw might happen, but 0-2 seems more likely. Humph. 

Watford v Norwich : the filthy Hornets really need this match against the plunge-bound Canaries for their relegation resistance effort.  Tight match and no doubt Elton John will be locked in to the minute by minute updates online. Sadly they will bully their way to a 0-1 away win and a chasm starts to emerge between the bottom 3.

Arsenal v Leicester : Palace gave the Foxes a confidence boosting easy win, so Vardy is back on form.  Arsenal are, as Arsenal have been for a while, a bit odd.  A heady cocktail of talent lacking aptitude. 1-1.

Wednesday

Sheff Utd v Wolves :  likely the best game of the week.  A place in Europe could be the prize.  The hosts stuttered but are steadying, the visitors are flying.  2-3 as Nuno’s nouse gives them the edge.

Brighton v Liverpool : normal service has resumed and although their hunger has abated the Reds are just too slick. 0-2.

Bournemouth v Tottenham : the newspapers have turned against Bournemouth, with talk of fire sales and doom.  They have over-achieved and questions have long been asked about their financial viability.   Spurs have wasted a season but have enough quality to see this match off. 1-2.

Everton v Southampton : the guests are finishing strong, the hosts have not delivered in line with expenditure, several goals probable,  2-2.

Villa v Man Utd : Ole’s men have found form at the right time and are seriously in the mix for Europe.  Villa’s slide to relegation seems unstoppable now.  0-3. 

For @eoin the bitter sweet sensation of a massive and much needed win last week is followed by a trip to title chasing Leeds.  The next two after this are Stoke’s key matches,  as the final match is Brentford - also chasing promotion.  Leeds do have an implosion button, if Stoke can find it - happy days.  An early Potters goal will spark this game to life, I’m going 1-1. 

A point at Leeds would be great.  We are only ahead of 2 teams on GD, so not conceding might be a season saver.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Tonight

Wednesday

We need a run down of the cricket matches too!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Sweating
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Options
    Sitting on an air conditioned seat, good air flow. Another beautiful day, but we could sure use a splash of rain.
  • Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Tonight

Wednesday

First test against the Windies starts tomorrow. Happy days.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Tonight

Wednesday

It will rain. Or if we bat we’ll be 3 down by lunch. Or if they bat they’ll be 150 without loss at lunch. 
    Does that help? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    I decided to make a set of polar bear tubes for my RTIC cooler. I can't tell you how many times during a lunch break or running errands where I wanted to pick something up and had the time but I didn't have the proper way to keep it refrigerated until I got home. This way I can throw my RTIC in the truck and use these polar tubes to keep things cool throughout the day. That way I don't need to buy ice every time I want something in my cooler for a shorter period of time. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Well, on the bright side, today I learned a few things.   :|

Last week I got pretty excited, finally found some crawdad tails in the Commissary freezer section!  Today I prepared to cook a pot of crawdad Etouffeé, a favorite dish of mine that I've never made before.  

Roux was the first step.  I wanted to try the "oven" method for the first time.  There's two ways to do this: mix the flour and fat together in a cast-iron pan, and place in a 375º to 400º oven, and just let it sit until you reach the desired color (this apparently takes longer than doing it on the stove with the constant stirring); or, spread the flour on a baking sheet, bake at the same temp, stirring every 20 minutes, until the desired color is reached.  I tried the second method.

As I only made a half-cup of roux, I decided to use my new Breville*.  Preheated to 375, put in the flour, and soon smelled the wonderful toasted flour, then it got stronger, I walked into the kitchen and it was quite smoky.  I killed the oven and quickly turned on the fan, surprised the smoke alarm didn't go off.  The flour was already the color of peanut butter, which is what I was going for; and this happened in less than 15 minutes!!  I melted a quarter-cup of butter on the stove, added the toasted flour, and all of the sudden my peanut-butter roux was a medium mahogany.  It smelled wonderful and I went with it.  

I added the trinity, cheekun broth, 'mater paste, parsley, bay, salt, pecker and cayenne, and let simmer for 30 minutes.  Opened up the crawfish bag to weigh out 1 lb, and  :o they weren't tails, they were full, in-the-shell bugs!  Checked the bag, and they were pre-cooked, so I figured once thawed I should be able to peel them.  But, a lb of whole bugs is, what, less than 20% of the protein of a lb of tails?  Thankfully I had most of a bag of peeled shrimp in the freezer, quickly took those out and thawed them, to make up the difference (you are, after all, the Jethro Bodean of swapping out your protein).  Added the bugs and the shrimp, heated them thru, and served on rice.  

Not bad, but it wasn't proper crawdad Etouffeé.   :s  I really liked how the roux came together so quick, but need to experiment with a lower temp so I don't set off the alarm; anyone else ever do it this way?  

* For those of you with a Breville toaster oven: any idea what the difference is between the "Bake" and the "Roast" settings?  The rack is set in the same position in the oven, they both preheat the same way, and they both turn on the convection fan; what's the difference?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    You'd think that a nearly $500 mirror would have the D-Ring hangers on the back aligned properly. Currently reading 1/4" off on the vertical alignment and a whopping 1/2" off on the horizontal.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2020
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    You'd think that a nearly $500 mirror would have the D-Ring hangers on the back aligned properly. Currently reading 1/4" off on the vertical alignment and a whopping 1/2" off on the horizontal.  
    Nowadays if you want the hangers aligned properly you gotta spend $1,000 and they will call it an artisan mirror

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Acn said:

Our campsite at sunset last night.  Stopped in Ouray, CO on our way to Moab today.  Have to check the plans to see if Arches or Canyonlands is tomorrow, and which is Thursday.  Friday will be a morning of finishing up activities around here, and then an afternoon/evening in a hotel to enjoy AC, a shower, and laundry, before we head up to the Tetons and Yellowstone.
    Beautiful. The guys from the FJ Cruiser forum have a Summit in Ouray every year. Haven't made it yet but maybe one day.

Tonights dinner:

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Acn said:
    ...on our way to Moab today.  Have to check the plans to see if Arches or Canyonlands is tomorrow, and which is Thursday.  
    Bring LOTS of water, it's unusually hot right now!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    Options
    Currently 0 active cases in our county 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Ohio has definitely done a pretty good job with this thing. 

I saw today that Arizona has a higher per-capita case count as a state than any other country on the planet.  That's... not good there @Ozzie_Isaac.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options

I saw today that Arizona has a higher per-capita case count as a state than any other country on the planet.  That's... not good there @Ozzie_Isaac.
    Yes, Arizona is in a bad way.  Some cities are out of ICU beds and people are being sent out of state.  I was cautious before, but honestly, it is straight scary right now.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options

Yes, Arizona is in a bad way.  Some cities are out of ICU beds and people are being sent out of state.  I was cautious before, but honestly, it is straight scary right now.
    We are trying our best to catch up to you guys. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Orange Were 1 Foam Hand  Zurchers
    Someone said we'd get tired of all this "winning".  I wholeheartedly concur.

edited July 2020
    Options

I’m not going to take the bait this time and succumb to your efforts to ruin the forum.

Not today... Satan!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

I’m not going to take the bait this time and succumb to your efforts to ruin the forum.

Not today... Satan!

Funny....that you just did.
    Options
    dentist visit was eerie today. the equipment all upgraded with individual guards, air filter next to your head, hydrogen peroxide washes are better than the old green mint crap, aliens doing the cleaning, the suckerupper must have been made by shopvac
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Options

Not even close. Deaths per million population: number 1 is Belgium and we are number 2.